• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Yeah, not lowered... the splitter sort of makes it look like it is. Wheels are 20x9.5 40 offset front and 20x11 50 offset rear. A half degree difference in the rear camber was quite noticeable with one side even with fender and other side poking out a bit.
Sponsored

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Yeah, not lowered... the splitter sort of makes it look like it is. Wheels are 20x9.5 40 offset front and 20x11 50 offset rear. A half degree difference in the rear camber was quite noticeable with one side even with fender and other side poking out a bit.
Yeah, good to know. So wonder if I should take it back and get that passenger front pushed further to the -1.7 camber to match driver's side.

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
What is the part number for the rear fender flares for dark horse HP?

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
It looks like it just barely sticks out proud of the paint at the outside of the fender, is that right?

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Picked up the car end of September. Had wheels waiting for it and installed the first week. Carroll Shelby CS-3 wheels, 20x9.5 & 20x11 with Michelin PS All Season 4. Windows tinted a couple weeks ago. Did a ceramic coating on the car and wheels I got parts in this past week and installed today. I ordered Steeda stop the hop street starter kit and an RTR front splitter. Actually ordered the front splitter a week or two after ordering the car and it took a month longer... not complaining as it's to be expected with new parts... just thought it a bit funny. Got the stop the hop kit not so much for launching the Ecoboost, but always felt like the back end was a bit too flexible (in the S550 as well as the S650). This should stiffen things up considerably and also has the rear subframe centering sleeves... which it appears my car needed. Trying out the RTR splitter as it may make the car look lower without actually lowering and it doesn't look like an S550 splitter (new Gen needs a new look). I still have some rock guards coming Monday, but not sure yet if I will use them. Haven't had much in the way of sunny days since picking it up... but got a few pics while it wasn't raining.

20231111_141918~2.jpg
20231111_141811~2.jpg
20231111_141835~2.jpg
20231111_141821~2.jpg
Loving what you’ve done so far, thank you for sharing. The look of the splitter is phenomenal, thinking about doing the same to my eco. Is it much lower than the stock one? Also how was the install, did you buy the rtr under tray extension also?

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, I suppose it installs by removing a few pushpins and reinserting? thanks for your help!!
I think one push in plastic rivet and 4 screws need to be removed... pretty simple install.

It looks like it just barely sticks out proud of the paint at the outside of the fender, is that right?
Yes just about 1/4 - 3/8 inch sticking out. I didn't like the big mud flap look of the aftermarket ones.

Loving what you’ve done so far, thank you for sharing. The look of the splitter is phenomenal, thinking about doing the same to my eco. Is it much lower than the stock one? Also how was the install, did you buy the rtr under tray extension also?
It is about 1.5 inches lower than the stock front splitter (if you could call it a splitter). Install was pretty easy... I didn't even take the front end off as the instructions say. I did also use the undertray extension. I did a little review here:

(1) RTR front splitter installed on my Ecoboost Premium HPP | Mustang7G - 2024+ S650 Mustang Forum (Dark Horse, GT, EcoBoost, GT500, GT350, Mach 1)

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Beautiful job. Car looks great. Med granddaughter graduating Med School in June. She smile at me with that melting smile when I brought home my DH and said to me Grandpa, I'm graduating soon I'd love this (my DH) as a graduation present. Well that's not happening sweetheart I said, but I'll be glad to get you an Ecoboost. Yours is exactly what I am thinking for hers. My DH is loaded and Blue Ember Metallic. Seeing yours she'll love it I'm sure. Thanks for sharing. Again great job.

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful job. Car looks great. Med granddaughter graduating Med School in June. She smile at me with that melting smile when I brought home my DH and said to me Grandpa, I'm graduating soon I'd love this (my DH) as a graduation present. Well that's not happening sweetheart I said, but I'll be glad to get you an Ecoboost. Yours is exactly what I am thinking for hers. My DH is loaded and Blue Ember Metallic. Seeing yours she'll love it I'm sure. Thanks for sharing. Again great job.
Lucky girl... getting a new mustang for graduation. I gave my daughter a car for graduation... the wife's old car and the wife got a new mustang, lol.

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I swapped out the B&O subwoofer this weekend...

I've always been a car stereo nut since my second car. Almost every car I have had got a new stereo before anything else. All of my "fair weather" cars have had big stereos. Newer cars have gotten better with the stereo... I have been able to live with some factory bose systems as my current daily driver has.

I looked at 6G forums for some ideas... the cheap and easy (Pioneer A series) didn't appeal to me as the stock grill is too plain. Set my price range a bit higher, but in the end, the choice came down to the color (although the sub has excellent specs)... the cone and trim are close to "space gray" like the interior, and the "S" on the cone is clearly grabber blue like my brakes. I like the contrast as opposed to the mostly all black of the other choices.

I did a test tone sweep from 20hz to 200hz before and after the swap... looked at it on spektrum analyzer. The stock sub actually crackled, and the graph was up and down quite a lot... obviously that speaker is not up to the job asked of it. The new sub had no crackle and a mostly smooth output on the graph... a very definite improvement. Listened to some music to check it out... so much better without the boom. Bass was tight, the sound of low bass guitar notes could hear the actual strings, and the solid punch of a kick drum. Certainly not overpowering... may need an amp for that, lol (we'll see how long I can avoid that). In all, a very worthwhile upgrade!

I also picked up the "crash bars" that some on 6G have used, but not sure if I like them... what do you think?(second pic)

S650 Mustang Sofa King's 2024 Ecoboost Premium HPP 1000008323
S650 Mustang Sofa King's 2024 Ecoboost Premium HPP 1000008308
Sponsored