• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Looks @Sofa King good! 😆

I do like the look of the crash bars.
Sponsored

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Looking good my friend!!! Love the Spec that you went with. 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
Where did you order and how much were they? Looks good!
I just did a google search for the part numbers and ordered from the ford dealer with the lowest price. You could also order from your local ford dealer. I think I paid about $80 each... not cheap... but a lot cheaper than the front ones for the HP.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I just did a google search for the part numbers and ordered from the ford dealer with the lowest price. You could also order from your local ford dealer. I think I paid about $80 each... not cheap... but a lot cheaper than the front ones for the HP.
Thanks for the info 👍 Seems like it'll be worth it to protect that area.

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can I just say, I have really been enjoying my car... Some decent spring weather (at least not raining) has given me a chance to get some more time behind the wheel. The new sub makes it that much more enjoyable... I may be able to live with the B&O system as is for a while.

I did the first oil change this past weekend at 994 miles... I was going to go a bit longer but had some other things to try out under there while I was at it. First off, the oil change... dang that's a lot of screws to remove to get that cover off! It almost looks like you could cut a notch at the rear of the cover to allow the drain plug to drain without removing the cover. It even looks like you could reach up in there to remove the filter... but they manage to mount it at enough of an angle that it is guaranteed to drip on the undercover as soon as you loosen it! I'm going to have to figure out a shortcut or something.

I have been "upping" the Ecoboost HPP to include some of the items Ford puts on the GT PP... like the "K" brace, which is easier with the undercover off. Looked at the Steeda one, but they say it won't work on '18 up Ecoboost w/auto. So, I went with the 2-point G-Trac brace... probably just as well, as the "K" brace would appear to hamper the removal of that undercover in the future. Many of the screws that hold the undercover on, also attach the underbody strakes... so I added some of those too while I was putting it back together.

Really, now I am just waiting on some go fast goodies and a tune. I'd really like to crank up the HP a bit with this Ecoboost, but nobody seems to have anything available yet. In the meantime, I'm trying to decide between jacking rails or jacking pads.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the meantime, I'm trying to decide between jacking rails or jacking pads.
In the same boat, but I think I've settled on the rails. That would make it easy to jack up one side, slide a couple jack stands under the rails, then do the other side the same way. You could easily get the car on four jack stands in under 2 minutes.

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the same boat, but I think I've settled on the rails. That would make it easy to jack up one side, slide a couple jack stands under the rails, then do the other side the same way. You could easily get the car on four jack stands in under 2 minutes.
I do like the rails for that feature... just trying to determine how much the covers under there need to be modified (was just looking at the instructions. lol). Anything is better than nothing, as I had it up this past weekend... getting jacks and jack stands under there is a pain with all the covers (hard to find any place to put them).

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do like the rails for that feature... just trying to determine how much the covers under there need to be modified (was just looking at the instructions. lol). Anything is better than nothing, as I had it up this past weekend... getting jacks and jack stands under there is a pain with all the covers (hard to find any place to put them).
They have two versions: One requires the covers to be modified, and the other does not. It's just a little shorter than the full-length version.

OP
OP
Sofa King

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The instructions show modification to the covers for both styles. Guess I need to decide which version now. All I do is make my car slower (heavier) with no HP gains in sight 😢.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The instructions show modification to the covers for both styles. Guess I need to decide which version now. All I do is make my car slower (heavier) with no HP gains in sight 😢.
I watched a video on these the other day and I swear they said the 555-5205 rails do NOT require any cutting of the covers. Oh, well.

I'm waiting on Memorial Day - hoping for 10-15% off!
Sponsored