• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The 2024’s that have seen in public, are they being test driven, do high level ford employees get to drive them ?
They are still pre-production. Built on the production line to test the build process........they are then given to employees who's specific job it is to get test miles onto them. They will report back on any issues that might need to be addressed.
Sponsored

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I don´t understand that massively long trunk, in my opinion (at least in pictures), it looks horrible and disproportionate...

I really loved the way the s550 looked without any rear wing, but maybe it will be a must if we want to keep a bit hidden the trunk
Yup...they flattened it out with mounting a big wing/pedestal spoiler in mind. The 15-17 S550 focused on the natural lip and smaller lip spoilers, which I thought looked great, but it's clear that wjth the 18+ thwt somebody somewhere became obsessed sith shoe-horning pedestals and wings onto the thing when it wasn't meant for that. It's like that same person was involved with the S650 and had their say with how the rear should flatten-out with mounting pedestals totally in mind.

Looks incredibly awkward for anybody wanting to go without anything back there or with just a small lip.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yup...they flattened it out with mounting a big wing/pedestal spoiler in mind. The 15-17 S550 focused on the natural lip and smaller lip spoilers, which I thought looked great, but it's clear that wjth the 18+ thwt somebody somewhere became obsessed sith shoe-horning pedestals and wings onto the thing when it wasn't meant for that. It's like that same person was involved with the S650 and had their say with how the rear should flatten-out with mounting pedestals totally in mind.

Looks incredibly awkward for anybody wanting to go without anything back there or with just a small lip.
Actually no, looks fantastic without a spoiler.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I don't know how I missed that. Guess the dual exhaust. Thanks
I thought the S650 GT had quad exhaust tips like the S550 GT, so I thought the same thing that it was not a GT.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I have been thinking this for weeks and said so to someone I know, they are incredibly similar at the rear and I see no Camaro at all in the car.
Looks like it's time to get past the Camaro talk and start the Baby GT talk (like the Opal was a Baby Vette):wink:.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Looks like it's time to get past the Camaro talk and start the Baby GT talk (like the Opal was a Baby Vette):wink:.
Yes, let the propaganda spread like wildfire, much in the same way some notable influencers erroneously jumped to call the S650 a Camaro (I'm looking at you, Jonny Lieberman). Let the flyers litter the streets of every major city. I'll gas up the Cessna.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
People actually like silver paint??
I know everyone has a different opinion but that has to be the least exciting color out there. I feel like silver paint was made for rental car companies to be the most generic, non-offensive color with the sole purpose of retaining resale value.

"What color should we paint this car?"
"How about the color of bare aluminum!"

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
People actually like silver paint??
I know everyone has a different opinion but that has to be the least exciting color out there. I feel like silver paint was made for rental car companies to be the most generic, non-offensive color with the sole purpose of retaining resale value.

"What color should we paint this car?"
"How about the color of bare aluminum!"
I think it just photographs well. It’s metallic and the right shade to make highlights and lowlights pronounced, but yeah, irl it’s a dud in my eyes too.

Thought it was “the” color for the S550 after seeing it in press photos but I never look back on Ingot S550s and go “oh yeah that’s the one.”

Life’s too short to stick to grey scale 😂

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang Silver 2024 Mustang GT S650 spotted 1668517418790

Spoiler Delete Looks Just Fine, Depending On Which Model You Buy!

And Silver Has Always Been The Color Of Choice For Luxury . . . As Long As You Mix It With A Little Chrome!

Want To See A 60th Anniversary Edition With Stainless Window Surround And Chrome Tail Light Bezel Trim! (And Maybe A Chrome Pony Corral)

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
1668517418790.png

Spoiler Delete Looks Just Fine, Depending On Which Model You Buy!

And Silver Has Always Been The Color Of Choice For Luxury . . . As Long As You Mix It With A Little Chrome!

Want To See A 60th Anniversary Edition With Stainless Window Surround And Chrome Tail Light Bezel Trim! (And Maybe A Chrome Pony Corral)
Would you seriously buy another anniversary edition?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Would you seriously buy another anniversary edition?
It’s All About The Chrome!

Not as an Investment, As There Is No Value In That, But As A Nice Daily Driver With All The Luxury Options And Performance Extras That Only Showed Up Later On The S550.

If The Pony Package Was Really A Super Pony, I Would Have Gone With That.

The Anniversary Edition Just Happened To Have On It Everything I Was Looking For (Except The Adaptive Cruise, Illuminated Sills And Reverse Sensors). And Then The GT350 Came Out With That Great Front End, Brake Package, Active Exhaust And Magneride!

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don´t understand that massively long trunk, in my opinion (at least in pictures), it looks horrible and disproportionate...

I really loved the way the s550 looked without any rear wing, but maybe it will be a must if we want to keep a bit hidden the trunk
I think it looks good, but I do wish Ford engineers had worked a little harder to decrease the size of the front and rear overhangs. If I buy a Mustang, it's not for practicality and a large trunk. It's for performance first and looks second.

With that said, you have to realize that, statistically speaking, most people are stupid.
Umm, what?

Staring at the rear end, I just realized the tip of the tail end and rear haunches mimic that of the Ford GT:

Silver 2024 Mustang GT S650 1.jpeg

LB5A0163.jpg
Yes, I noticed that right away. The lines are exaggerated enough on the Mustang that it makes the car look a little exotic. I kind of like how it has the flavor of the '67 and '68 Mustangs, too.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
People are entitled to their opinion. It is what it is. Captions also tend to sway comments. I would have just posted it and asked for opinions. But if you like it, what do you care what other people think?

With that said, you have to realize that, statistically speaking, most people are stupid.
I think being stupid is like being dead. When you are you don’t know it. :)
Sponsored