• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shift indicator keeps resetting

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I've posted similar issues with other display settings like my color that keeps defaulting but I'm starting to notice the same thing with the shift indicator as well. I'll go to fire up the car and the gauge display will show the shift indicator at 4000 RPM when I go to the setting it's set to zero RPMs and the mode has been reset to tachometer. Just curious if others are experiencing similar issues.
S650 Mustang Shift indicator keeps resetting 1000045707
Sponsored

Nace.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt PP, 2021 Explorer
Mine does this about once a week or so as well. It reset everything once after an update. Just the indicator on all other occasions.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I've posted similar issues with other display settings like my color that keeps defaulting but I'm starting to notice the same thing with the shift indicator as well. I'll go to fire up the car and the gauge display will show the shift indicator at 4000 RPM when I go to the setting it's set to zero RPMs and the mode has been reset to tachometer. Just curious if others are experiencing similar issues.
1000045707.jpg
Hi there! If you need any assistance with this concern, please send over a DM with your VIN And Ford dealer info.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Every time my wife uses her fob or I change a drive mode all my settings erase themselves too.

It does the same if she's set her settings and I use my fob. What's the point of having profiles if nothing saves?

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
So if it's the Keyfob that is resetting everything back to Default, should one erase their Profile and redo it and see if this remedies this issue?? I do both, use Keyfob to Remote Start the GT but also get inside a Start the GT manually by Pushbutton. I've never thought to check the relation to which method is causing the reset. Think I'll give that a try today.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't matter if it's a keyfob, it's changing profiles or drive modes that resets it, no matter how you change them.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I reset it again this morning just went to get back in the car and lo and behold It has resetted itself once again

S650 Mustang Shift indicator keeps resetting 1000045766

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reset it again this morning just went to get back in the car and lo and behold It has resetted itself once again

1000045766.jpg
Try this.

Press the button on the door the corresponds to your seat/mirror settings.
Set the shift light
Press and hold the button on the door like you are saving memory seating position

I did this with the gauge colors and it appears to have saved now.
Sponsored