• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saw 2024 Mustang this morning. No pictures just FYI

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
For those living in around Fenton Mi there was a silver 2024 with black stripes getting on US-23 in Fenton mi. Lots of big 3 engineers in that area so that's nothing new to see cars being tested before production. Very nice Mustang and I think it is pretty true to the previous gens. Didn't look that much different than my 2018 did (sold). It was still dark so couldn't get pics but with the low light it wouldn't have done much good. Only thing that tipped me off that something new were the head lights and hood. I think new buyers will be very happy with the styling. Funny thing is the headlights remind of the 3led sleepy lights C5 Corvette owners buy to replace their pop up lights with. Any ways, I get lucky spotting these new cars (got pics GT500, bronco, C8, and hummer before production) so I will hopefully get some pics and post to this thread.
Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I saw two of them a couple of weeks back in the Howell/Brighton area. Too dark and snowy at the time to get pictures too but at least one was a Dark Horse.

One of the nice things about living in SE Michigan, you get to see lots of cars out being tested.

OP
OP
Jmtoast

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
I saw two of them a couple of weeks back in the Howell/Brighton area. Too dark and snowy at the time to get pictures too but at least one was a Dark Horse.

One of the nice things about living in SE Michigan, you get to see lots of cars out being tested.
Brighton\Howell seems to have a lot of Ford engineers also. I see a lot of new cars around there. I had a Roush engineer offer to let me take his test for a spin to see if I like it when I was shopping for mine. I was just driving around and spotted in his in the driveway, pulled over and talked to him and bam next thing you know I'm being handed some keys, lol. Good car community.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Michigan may not be everyone's idea of a holiday (sorry, vacation!) destination, but I met a lovely couple at the Mustang's 50th anniversary celebrations in Vegas through a friend. They graciously invited another friend and I out for a "Ford vacation" the following year, which we jumped at!

Our host had worked at Dearborn for many many years, so was a Ford man through and through. He and his wife had then setup a company supplying Ford Racing products, so they had great contacts and knew the area intimately.

We were shown so many cool places around Michigan like Roush, The Henry Ford Museum, DAP, Woodward Avenue.......so many places I'd only seen online. Whilst we were there, another friend who I had met through TheMustangSource forum also took us on a tour of places the public shouldn't see! So, so cool!!

On one of our drives we spotted this '16 California Special pre-prod car being driven. I was like a kid in a candy store! You guys are so lucky to live there!! :)

S650 Mustang Saw 2024 Mustang this morning.  No pictures just FYI 2015 Cali Special Spotted.JPG

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Seems like you guys found a hotspot! Just like I mentioned before, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. đź‘€

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
When I was in Allen Park and Dearborn for the reveal, I saw quite a few prototypes, it was like a dream. Got into a bit of a chase with an S650 test driver, around Ford's Allen Park office, but chickened out for fear of trespassing accusations. I also probably captured the first spy shots of the 2024 F-150, right outside my hotel lol. Not to mention a Tacoma benchmark vehicle leaving Ford property.

I went radio silent on all things Mustang after I left Detroit, from being pissed I paid for Charity Preview tickets and Ford kept all of the cars locked anyway and shafted me in so many other ways.

Made for a bad experience, but Greater Detroit is beautiful to me in its own way, even if not exactly New York, Miami, or LA. Plenty of nice areas around there, especially if you're a car buff.

Crazy to be standing inches away from Bill Ford Jr. (and wife) and CEO Jim Farley (no photo, but video) at the reveal event location, plus Hau Thai Tang and Kumar Galhotra

S650 Mustang Saw 2024 Mustang this morning.  No pictures just FYI IMG20220915181609

S650 Mustang Saw 2024 Mustang this morning.  No pictures just FYI IMG20220915181805

S650 Mustang Saw 2024 Mustang this morning.  No pictures just FYI IMG20220916145349

S650 Mustang Saw 2024 Mustang this morning.  No pictures just FYI IMG20220916145404

S650 Mustang Saw 2024 Mustang this morning.  No pictures just FYI IMG20220914191631
Sponsored