• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Worth Asking Price?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Ford is staring a massive depression in the face. So Inflation aside, I reckon EB will start at 30k, GT at 38K. Much more and the buyers will evaporate and they might as well just bulldoze FLatRock and put it out of it's misery.

Anyone remotely interested in a Mustang will have LONG since bought one. So even without the headwinds, S650 will amount to no more than replacement numbers. Sure, they might field a few poor souls without anywhere else to turn (Challenger/Camaro) but I reckon it'll be a mere pittance. For those folks the Mustang was not a convincing argument before 2023, and just because it might be last man standing still doesn't make it one.

My guess, 30,000 units tops.
I strongly disagree. While most of us whish that they would 'do something nice' they'll rather do what's financially viable. The reality is that most buyers want the newest stuff and the new stuff will be the S650. Besides, all the magazines and these days Youtubers and so called content creators will praise the car for its last V8 stand.

They'll sell a lot of cars. More than ever? Hell no but certainly sales will increase even if the GT will be closer to $50K.
The car Will cost more than the current GT and I'm sure that they'll charge even more for options. A loaded car will cost you closer to 60K even though everyone on this forum agrees that that is absolutely overpriced. However, the average Joe doesn't care as much and will buy the 'last standing V8 with its beloved heritage, new design and futuristic interior' ... I can here the marketing whistle from every corner...
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So I paid 37k for my loaded ā€˜16 GT premium with PP back when you could pay under MSRP, and the prices started going up very quickly after that. If I had to replace it tomorrow, a Tesla 3 Performance would be very interesting to me.

iā€™ve ridden in Tesla 3s around autocross courses and they scoot! Iā€™ve also driven a Model S Plaid with Hooisers on an autox course. Boring is not a word to describe it. Its fast AF, reaponds to throttle inputs like a cat on crack, and is an overall crazy intense experience, but not optimal as far as handling goes because yes the Plaid S is HEAVY and does not dance like my heavily modified Mustang can dance.

the 3 is lighter and cheaper and still does like a 1.9sec to 60 so I might consider one of those. You can get aftermarket parts to address its major flaws (lack of camber), just like you can with the Mustang and that would help somewhat with the tire destroying, at least some of it. Iā€™ve seen and passed them on tracks CotA, but those werenā€™t well driven cars and were probably on their stock street tires. I had aero and great 200tw tires and suspension designed to carve up tracks, and I have some xp as a driver, so not entirely fair comparisons.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Ford is staring a massive depression in the face. So Inflation aside, I reckon EB will start at 30k, GT at 38K. Much more and the buyers will evaporate and they might as well just bulldoze FLatRock and put it out of it's misery.

Anyone remotely interested in a Mustang will have LONG since bought one. So even without the headwinds, S650 will amount to no more than replacement numbers. Sure, they might field a few poor souls without anywhere else to turn (Challenger/Camaro) but I reckon it'll be a mere pittance. For those folks the Mustang was not a convincing argument before 2023, and just because it might be last man standing still doesn't make it one.

My guess, 30,000 units tops.
I agree. The economic storm is just starting. If you think grocery prices are high now, theyā€™re going to get a lot higher. Buyers that were hoping to stretch their budgets to get this generation are probably going to be priced out of these cars even at the current prices.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So I paid 37k for my loaded ā€˜16 GT premium with PP back when you could pay under MSRP, and the prices started going up very quickly after that. If I had to replace it tomorrow, a Tesla 3 Performance would be very interesting to me.

iā€™ve ridden in Tesla 3s around autocross courses and they scoot! Iā€™ve also driven a Model S Plaid with Hooisers on an autox course. Boring is not a word to describe it. Its fast AF, reaponds to throttle inputs like a cat on crack, and is an overall crazy intense experience, but not optimal as far as handling goes because yes the Plaid S is HEAVY and does not dance like my heavily modified Mustang can dance.

the 3 is lighter and cheaper and still does like a 1.9sec to 60 so I might consider one of those. You can get aftermarket parts to address its major flaws (lack of camber), just like you can with the Mustang and that would help somewhat with the tire destroying, at least some of it. Iā€™ve seen and passed them on tracks CotA, but those werenā€™t well driven cars and were probably on their stock street tires. I had aero and great 200tw tires and suspension designed to carve up tracks, and I have some xp as a driver, so not entirely fair comparisons.
You might want to reconsider this.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/tesla-stock-plummeted-12-single-day/story?id=96177954

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
iā€™m not gambling on the the stock, Iā€™m talking about actual experience with the cars. Whats your point?
I was referring to this sentence....
If I had to replace it tomorrow, a Tesla 3 Performance would be very interesting to me.

My point is if the company goes belly up the performance of the car doesn't matter. Musk stated early on that his interest was in producing the batteries more so than the cars. After the acquisition of Twitter, Tesla has definitely taken a back seat. I wouldn't touch one right now.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I was referring to this sentence....
If I had to replace it tomorrow, a Tesla 3 Performance would be very interesting to me.

My point is if the company goes belly up the performance of the car doesn't matter. Musk stated early on that his interest was in producing the batteries more so than the cars. After the acquisition of Twitter, Tesla has definitely taken a back seat. I wouldn't touch one right now.
yeah I donā€™t see tesla folding because the stock price is down. Look at their profits and sales.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150