• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Been to see my dealer still no vin, but here’s some Ford logic, mine has a build date of the start of April and a car with a build date of the end of April has a vin 🤔
I don't think many of these cars are going to be made in April now. The VIN is issued (at scheduling) a good 4 to 6 weeks before build. Either the VIN's are not being passed on to the UK, or they haven't been scheduled yet, in which case they will be a late May build.

My build date is predicted as 5/4/24, but is that April or May using US date format?

I think for GT cars the wheels are an issue in scheduling.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I don't think many of these cars are going to be made in April now. The VIN is issued (at scheduling) a good 4 to 6 weeks before build. Either the VIN's are not being passed on to the UK, or they haven't been scheduled yet, in which case they will be a late May build.

My build date is predicted as 5/4/24, but is that April or May using US date format?

I think for GT cars the wheels are an issue in scheduling.
That will be April if it’s on a Uk computer screen, I had heard there was delays to Dark Horses as well, does make you wonder if these are going to get pushed back 🤔

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
As of earlier today, My build week is 13th May '24 which ties up with the weeks they were scheduling when I received my vin.
Although I may have received it when the order was transferred to me by Ford rather than my dealer.

Edit - I'd guess an April or May build doesn't matter that much if all of batch 1 are coming over together. Will just be built sat waiting for a train to take it to the boat for a while.

My sales rep did say until the vehicle arrives in Europe it will be at least a month away from delivery.

Last edited:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the price of UK cars about to go up ? or is it just the emissions tax that is going up ?
From my carwow search i've got a notification that the price is only guarantied until the end of march.
My dealer hasn't amended my order yet to include the recaro's so my price lock wont count on the car when it arrives as it'll be different so no doubt they'll pass on the £200 ved increase.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Is the price of UK cars about to go up ? or is it just the emissions tax that is going up ?
From my carwow search i've got a notification that the price is only guarantied until the end of march.
My dealer hasn't amended my order yet to include the recaro's so my price lock wont count on the car when it arrives as it'll be different so no doubt they'll pass on the £200 ved increase.
Ford price guarantee never includes the VED only the car

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford price guarantee never includes the VED only the car
My contract mentions 'Road Tax' :cwl: might be included on the order and is subject to change and that i'm liable to pay the actual value.

What is this 'Road Tax' they mention, it's either a Road Fund License, or Vehicle Excise Duty.

Then again the gov' website mentions license and tax on the same page ...

First licence rate based on CO2 emissions and fuel type £2605.00
Standard rate of vehicle tax (from year 2 onwards) £180.00
Additional rate for 5 years from the start of the second licence £390

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was about to say someone in the EU tracking threads was tracking their vehicle on a ship out of Newark. It'll have a knock on effect for sure. As ships get re-routed and they might have goods in to build the cars via that port
The beeb do seem a little confused as to what cars ship through there.
One post mentions its GM and Honda only, another post mentions Ford as well as a few others.

Edit - Here is Tebu discussing shipment tracking,
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/list-of-eu-forum-orders.160408/post-3263778

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
Is there anyone in this thread that can decipher what the codes and details are on an order from?

Things like:
Orbit No.
Global ID.
VHC code
NSC order No.
etc.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there anyone in this thread that can decipher what the codes and details are on an order from?

Things like:
Orbit No.
Global ID.
VHC code
NSC order No.
etc.
Funny how we've ordered the same car from the same dealership a few days apart and have completely different information!
Are they still expecting yours to be built this week ?

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
Funny how we've ordered the same car from the same dealership a few days apart and have completely different information!
Are they still expecting yours to be built this week ?
It still says Estimated Production Date 5th April, but I'm treating that with a massive pinch of salt.

There doesn't seem to be any new information at all.

I'm guessing that I'll see delivery in September or October. Although, I'd be chuffed to be surprised by an earlier delivery.

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
one data point:
mine was manufactured ~mid jan
ETA for spain is ~mid june
Sponsored