• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
My order was finally confirmed 10th March with a VIN included. No window sticker yet or build date, waiting to see if my dealer can see it in VISTA.
Anyone with batch 1 (early April) builds got a VIN yet ?

I got the confirmation a couple of days after being told that Ford will not commit to making anymore Blue Ember DH's for the UK until late Q2 despite it being 'in demand'
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I can see the status is compounded in, at Newark. Any clue how to find the ship or I need the dealer for that? They don’t seem to know much.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I can see the status is compounded in, at Newark. Any clue how to find the ship or I need the dealer for that? They don’t seem to know much.
it’s at the docks waiting for a ship, when it compounds out it will be loading onto a ship, dealer should know what ship it’s booked onto or when it’s leaving, but not all dealers are helpful

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
My order was finally confirmed 10th March with a VIN included. No window sticker yet or build date, waiting to see if my dealer can see it in VISTA.
Anyone with batch 1 (early April) builds got a VIN yet ?

I got the confirmation a couple of days after being told that Ford will not commit to making anymore Blue Ember DH's for the UK until late Q2 despite it being 'in demand'
If you have a VIN the car is scheduled and there will be a build date. Window sticker is available around or just before the build date.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only assume that i'm scheduled in for may from the latest status update as there was no scheduling last week and now they've run out of most parts.
I've bookmarked that page where my window sticker will be posted but not holding out much hope that it'll appear as apparently they dont exist for exports

When i ordered mine there was 12 orders confirmed for the uk and they were all set for build in april and they all had vins.

My dealer is expecting a demo car in april so i'd guess that's been built already and on a ship to europe soon if not already.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only assume that i'm scheduled in for may from the latest status update as there was no scheduling last week and now they've run out of most parts.
I've bookmarked that page where my window sticker will be posted but not holding out much hope that it'll appear as apparently they dont exist for exports

When i ordered mine there was 12 orders confirmed for the uk and they were all set for build in april and they all had vins.

My dealer is expecting a demo car in april so i'd guess that's been built already and on a ship to europe soon if not already.
My order was confirmed on 02/02/24 and it didn't have a VIN at the time. The only orders being accepted at that point were for the preconfigured cars.

If you are saying your car has a VIN it is already scheduled, so must be being built in the first 2 weeks of April, as they haven't scheduled beyond that yet. The wheel supply issue only applies to unscheduled vehicles such as mine.

Window sticker worked for me with my S550 order

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered on 7th of Feb and as i said 12 cars at that time had April build dates scheduled.

From the other thread they've scheduled up to the end of April already and are scheduling May builds this week. (week 18 which includes last 2 days of April to week 22)
I suspect they schedule during the week and not just on the one day. I got the e-mail from ford on Sunday morning, not a normal working day and amusingly I carwow'd the model the day before and got some offers on it.

Having checked my order i was surprised to find my wheels are not on the exhausted list, (19x9.5 + 19x10's) but the appearance pack is.

Hopefully my dealer will respond soon, it's been radio silence from my sales rep and his boss this week, probably didn't like me going over their head to Ford corporate.
Perks of working for a Tier1 supplier that isn't causing them supply issues.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered on 7th of Feb and as i said 12 cars at that time had April build dates scheduled.
Those two sentences don't mean the same thing! There were more than 12 cars in the first batch available (which included dealer demo cars)

12 confirmed orders (of which mine was one) doesn't mean all of those 12 had VIN's (mine doesn't) and a predicted build date is not a scheduled build date. I imagine of those early pre-configured cars some will be built before others depending on spec. Maybe you lucked into an early build and I didn't based on what you have chosen?

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My order was only a few days after yours ...

As i said at the time there was only 12 confirmed orders (maybe it was scheduled orders, they all had specs, vin's and build dates) which is why they expected mine to go through the next day as there was more in the batch than had been ordered.
But it was rejected as they'd sold out of that exact configuration (someone in this thread ordered it on the 1st) so it was bumped to a factory order sometime in Q2.
It either that or my dealer had run out of allocation as they had more orders on the list than any other UK dealer (they had 3, reading had 2 and everyone else had 1)

Did you receive an e-mail from Ford confirming the order ?

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

As i said at the time there was only 12 confirmed orders (maybe it was scheduled orders, they all had specs, vin's and build dates) which is why they expected mine to go through the next day as there was more in the batch than had been ordered.
But it was rejected as they'd sold out of that exact configuration (someone in this thread ordered it on the 1st) so it was bumped to a factory order sometime in Q2.
It either that or my dealer had run out of allocation as they had more orders on the list than any other UK dealer (they had 3, reading had 2 and everyone else had 1)

I have an email from the dealer confirming my order and 'contract number'. Ford also prompted my dealer to add the 'upgrade and save' deal when the order was put through.

I don't understand what you have said above? You say your order was rejected and bumped to a factory order, so how can you have a VIN? They were not taking factory orders in February just the pre-configured ones (not sure if they are even taking factory orders now).

I don't understand your figures either. My dealer (in Southern England) had 3 cars on order at the start of February, mine and 2 others.

Maybe those 12 cars you are talking about are the dealer demo cars?

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh i've had plenty of paperwork from my dealer through their portal including an order form (which i posted on the main thread) but that's all with my dealer and Ford UK, they accepted my order but they then send it over to Ford USA.

It is a pre-configured order but all of that configuration (probably 1 or 2 lol) had sold out. I can only assume someone has pulled out and i was on the waiting list.

This is what Ford USA said at the time.

"The dealers have a set order bank they are able to order from currently which contains a limit amount of specification volumes. All the Ember blue vehicles within this bank have already been sold and we cannot commit to anymore at this stage to meet the ordering demands already put in place.
This is where factory ordering when open will allow a customer to select any colour / spec rather than having to select from pre provided options."

The dealer demo cars must be separate as they're expecting them in April, where as the first retail batch aren't expected in the UK until July

Pclarkuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

What spec did you order
I ordered mine on 1st Feb DH Blue Ember manual trans DH appearance no recaros
Sponsored