• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 UK orders

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Oh i've had plenty of paperwork from my dealer through their portal including an order form (which i posted on the main thread) but that's all with my dealer and Ford UK, they accepted my order but they then send it over to Ford USA.

It is a pre-configured order but all of that configuration (probably 1 or 2 lol) had sold out. I can only assume someone has pulled out and i was on the waiting list.

This is what Ford USA said at the time.

"The dealers have a set order bank they are able to order from currently which contains a limit amount of specification volumes. All the Ember blue vehicles within this bank have already been sold and we cannot commit to anymore at this stage to meet the ordering demands already put in place.
This is where factory ordering when open will allow a customer to select any colour / spec rather than having to select from pre provided options."

The dealer demo cars must be separate as they're expecting them in April, where as the first retail batch aren't expected in the UK until July
I'm afraid you have lost me now.

First UK customer cars will be before July. It takes 6 to 8 weeks from build to delivery, so if you really have a VIN and scheduled car being built in early April, it will arrive in the UK late May / early June. If you have the VIN and contract number you will know the build date by now so just add 6 to 8 weeks to it.
Sponsored

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
What spec did you order
I ordered mine on 1st Feb DH Blue Ember manual trans DH appearance no recaros
Exactly that spec a few days later, so they were probably making one in the batch and it's yours.
Do you have a vin ?

All I have is a vin and a dealer order reference number but that doesn't have the correct digits/format for the tracker website.

I don't have a build date but as i've said a few times I suspect it will be sometime in May since that's what they're scheduling at the moment and I received the vin on Sunday morning.
A May build would tie up for a late July / early August arrival if that's 6-8 weeks later.

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly that spec a few days later, so they were probably making one in the batch and it's yours.
Do you have a vin ?

All I have is a vin and a dealer order reference number but that doesn't have the correct digits/format for the tracker website.

I don't have a build date but as i've said a few times I suspect it will be sometime in May since that's what they're scheduling at the moment and I received the vin on Sunday morning.
A May build would tie up for a late July / early August arrival if that's 6-8 weeks later.
6 -8 weeks from early May is late June to early July.

As you have a VIN your car is in the first batch, must have been a cancelled order if you were originally told no for your spec.

The number you need from your dealer is the 8 digit 'contract number' - they should be able to give you that easily together with the actual build date.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I have one of the earliest build dates in April, still no vin, last Itine I spoke to the dealer, their demo didn’t have a vin either and the 1st batch will come over with the demo cars

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8 ,Audi RS4, Aston Martin GT8.
I suspect Keith may have got my order which had a build date of late April but I wanted to completely change the spec ( which the dealer knew would be the case ).
As such I couldn't change that build itself but have been told that I should be reallocated one not long after the original.
I'm fine with this.
I suspect that in reality the build date might well come post 24.5 my in which case will have to see if any further changes ( colours ?) are then announced etc.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suspect Keith may have got my order which had a build date of late April but I wanted to completely change the spec ( which the dealer knew would be the case ).
As such I couldn't change that build itself but have been told that I should be reallocated one not long after the original.
I'm fine with this.
I suspect that in reality the build date might well come post 24.5 my in which case will have to see if any further changes ( colours ?) are then announced etc.
Did you have the same spec as Pclarkuk ? It would make a lot of sense if I've picked up a cancelled allocation.
Were you issued a vin ?

I've still had no real feedback from my dealer I've had to go to their head office to get a reply from them I guess my sales rep is on holiday or something.

alscar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi R8 ,Audi RS4, Aston Martin GT8.
Did you have the same spec as Pclarkuk ? It would make a lot of sense if I've picked up a cancelled allocation.
Were you issued a vin ?

I've still had no real feedback from my dealer I've had to go to their head office to get a reply from them I guess my sales rep is on holiday or something.
My system spec was-

Mustang, ,Coupe, Dark Horse,5.0L V8 10-Speed Automatic, Blue Ember (Includes AB2AC Dark Horse Appearance Pack),Perforated Dinamica with Deep Indigo and Suede inserts seats, Dark Horse Appearance Pack

No VIN given with build date nor original order but tbh didn't expect it to.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've finally heard back from my dealer and it was a cancellation within there own dealership that I've picked up. They had an allocation of 8 and I was number 9! When one of their own sales people dropped out they transferred the order to me but didn't bother to tell me until now say it has the recaro seats which I didn't order.

Nice to see employees getting preferential treatment over customers ...

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've finally heard back from my dealer and it was a cancellation within there own dealership that I've picked up. They had an allocation of 8 and I was number 9! When one of their own sales people dropped out they transferred the order to me but didn't bother to tell me until now say it has the recaro seats which I didn't order.

If they are buying a car they are customers!

Anyway, the fact you got a VIN last week must mean we are all close to getting one (once the wheels are available!) Obviously your DH has different wheels to the GT as we know.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Have you ordered a manual or auto?

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you ordered a manual or auto?
Manual ... just waiting on the dealer order being signed over to me although from the vin ford USA already thinks it's me,
hopefully the seats is the only difference ...

It could well be an early build if it was from someone who had ordered it before the order book opened.

Also fair play to them if they were a genuine customer and not looking to make a quick flip on an in demand vehicle ... Mercedes have a clause in there partners program that you can't sell any car purchased from the scheme within a year

Last edited:

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I now have the factory order number to go with the vin alas the ford shop tracker doesn't work (others in the europe section have the same problem) hopefully i'll find out the schedule date soon.
Has anyone else received a vin yet on the cars being built in a couple of weeks time ?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
No planning on speaking to the dealer this week

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Been to see my dealer still no vin, but here’s some Ford logic, mine has a build date of the start of April and a car with a build date of the end of April has a vin 🤔
Sponsored