• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I see where you're coming from, I'm not a huge fan of how the grille sweeps down, it gives it kinda a funky shape. But I do like designs where the headlights and grille are one united and clean graphic that goes across the entire front end. Like what you see here, or one the new bronco or challenger. It just looks clean and agressive to me.
I agree the bronco and challenger designs look good, but they also don't remind me of a caveman unibrow. The latest Accord does look a little better than it did a few years ago when the design language first came out..

If you look at like the Toyota Camry, there are no clean, cohesive design elements, there's no sense of flow to it. It's just a bunch of different lines sweeping in different directions with no relation to one another.
I agree with you here. The Camry has kind of a predator face with too many different shapes in it.

The accord isn't perfect, but the only current sedan that beats it in terms of looks is the Mazda 6. Assuming the Mazda 6 is still on sale, I think Mazda announced they're planning to kill it soon if they haven't already. The last gen Impala was also a massive design improvement over the impala designs of the last 30 years or so.
Hmm, current sedans.. trying to think what sedans are out there, because I'm not a sedan buyer. I'd say Dodge Charger is better looking than the Accord. Also most of the Mercedes sedans look better. Volvo's Polestar is beautiful IMO way better than Accord. Pick any Audi - they look better to me than the Accord. The non-bucktooth BMWs are generally at least ok looking roughly equal possibly somewhat better than Accord depending on your taste. A few years ago I would say BMW was head and shoulders better looking than Accord, but the latest BMWs aren't quite as good. I didn't google the latest from Fiat or Alfa or Maserati, but I'd assume they each have at least one better looking sedan.

Definitely some Asian cars like hyundai and genesis make sedans that aren't as good looking as the Accord, but IMO there are a lot that look better as well.
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
After a bit of thought I think the design is really close to how the RS7 (or even most Audi RS models) looks like. Split in the bumper is of course higher, but the rest is actually quite similiar.

I absolutely love the look of the RS models. With a more angular body and the fastback proportions this model - not matter if its the GT or the boss - will look amazing in real life
m7_rs7.jpg
Ford designers have a long history of being inspired by Audi; Range Rover; and Astin Martin designs.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
df42665566ad3074432d3683e1905553-removebg-preview (1).png

Lincoln could make a Mustang-based car, and using a little bit of photoshop, and here it is.
I believe if Lincoln made a sport car, it would be a 4 door similar the Cadillac Celestiq but Ford is a strong believer in Economies of Scale, and would probably never make it to production.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
After a bit of thought I think the design is really close to how the RS7 (or even most Audi RS models) looks like. Split in the bumper is of course higher, but the rest is actually quite similiar.

I absolutely love the look of the RS models. With a more angular body and the fastback proportions this model - not matter if its the GT or the boss - will look amazing in real life
m7_rs7.jpg

You have to admit, that is a hot Audi. If the Mustang looked exactly like that front end, I would not be mad at all, so if it just resembles it a bit, I'd be happy.
Sponsored