• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Mustang OTA History Thread

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread for you guys to be able to maintain the update history of these vehicles. This may be new to a lot of you and maybe some of you don't even care about this (yet). However, I can tell you with confidence that this info will be useful for existing and new owners alike going forward. I haven't been on here for long and have not cross referenced many of these cars yet, so the Excel sheet has the 4 OTA's I have been able to confirm have been sent out to these cars. If anyone has gotten or gets an update not listed here, please post about it and I will keep the Excel sheet updated.

The Excel sheet has the year(s) of the vehicle that got the update, the update revision name/number, the month is was released or first reported, the module(s) updated, whether wifi is required or not, whether the vehicle had to be inhibited or not and if so for how long; and lastly, the nerd info that shows which files were updated and what DID's within the modules those files went to. It was also list the previous software in that DID for record keeping.

APIM updates and APIM updates only have a chance to update Sync to a higher version, but not all APIM updates will give you a new Sync version. The OTA's that do change your Sync, I will note what version of Sync the OTA updated Sync to. At this time, it is unclear if APIM OTA 6.3.2 changed the Sync version or not. This is to be considered a permanent working progress.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Oxford White, 2023 Roush F150 Oxfo
Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread for you guys to be able to maintain the update history of these vehicles. This may be new to a lot of you and maybe some of you don't even care about this (yet). However, I can tell you with confidence that this info will be useful for existing and new owners alike going forward. I haven't been on here for long and have not cross referenced many of these cars yet, so the Excel sheet has the 4 OTA's I have been able to confirm have been sent out to these cars. If anyone has gotten or gets an update not listed here, please post about it and I will keep the Excel sheet updated.

The Excel sheet has the year(s) of the vehicle that got the update, the update revision name/number, the month is was released or first reported, the module(s) updated, whether wifi is required or not, whether the vehicle had to be inhibited or not and if so for how long; and lastly, the nerd info that shows which files were updated and what DID's within the modules those files went to. It was also list the previous software in that DID for record keeping.

APIM updates and APIM updates only have a chance to update Sync to a higher version, but not all APIM updates will give you a new Sync version. The OTA's that do change your Sync, I will note what version of Sync the OTA updated Sync to. At this time, it is unclear if APIM OTA 6.3.2 changed the Sync version or not. This is to be considered a permanent working progress.
Hey Brother, it looks good, but can you reverse the order so that the latest shows First. Like they do with the F150. But, I love it and it’s a great help.
thanks Steve.

OP
OP

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Brother, it looks good, but can you reverse the order so that the latest shows First. Like they do with the F150. But, I love it and it’s a great help.
thanks Steve.
Easy enough. Done.

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spreadsheet updated to reflect GWM update 6.4.0 first reported last night.

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
I did see 6.4.0 come through yesterday. Thanks for keeping track of these

mrnavy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. Thanks for the Update

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Guess I better get the DH out of the barn and drive it. I haven't gotten any of these yet ... LOL

OP
OP

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did see 6.4.0 come through yesterday. Thanks for keeping track of these
Just checked your VIN and no OTA in your queue at this time.

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Hello all,

This is good information. Too bad Ford makes it difficult for the average Ford owner to get the details.

OP
OP

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is good information. Too bad Ford makes it difficult for the average Ford owner to get the details.
Which is why I wanted to start this early in the OTA process for these cars. It's much easier to maintain this way. Getting this info together for the F150 was tedious to say the least.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which is why I wanted to start this early in the OTA process for these cars. It's much easier to maintain this way. Getting this info together for the F150 was tedious to say the least.
Where are you getting this info?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)