• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The huge truck steering wheel, overall horrible layout, poor ergonomics and the now squared off look is it. So enjoy that nice truck interior in the Next Gen Mustang.

"huge truck steering wheel"?
Sponsored

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
I think the toggle switches will be back but more refined like this.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots BF4A8968-994A-4943-B520-02A95AA8F37B

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the toggle switches will be back but more refined like this.

BF4A8968-994A-4943-B520-02A95AA8F37B.jpeg
On the prototype those buttons aren’t meant to be pushed in like push button start button is.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots BD72F6C5-04F9-4876-99F8-EA54EC69F847

The S550 prototype buttons clearly look like they’re supposed to be pushed in with toggles for the premium trim and buttons for the base model trim which turned out to be what we got in production model.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 3B3218A1-6695-400D-96A1-54D37864E1E9

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots DEBAE43B-3BDC-4663-AFD6-16EABE622085

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wow, that must've been a very "close-to-release" spy shot. So that would maybe suggest what are looking at is very close to the final product then.
For those that missed this post from someone who has seen the car...
At the fear of looking like a weirdo quoting my own post, but that's what I was saying earlier - if we saw the spy shots before, they looked VERY much like the actual interior.

So if this is any indication, this interior is almost done then, not a "concept."

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
On the prototype those buttons aren’t meant to be pushed in like push button start button is.

BD72F6C5-04F9-4876-99F8-EA54EC69F847.jpeg

The S550 prototype buttons clearly look like they’re supposed to be pushed in with toggles for the premium trim and buttons for the base model trim which turned out to be what we got in production model.
3B3218A1-6695-400D-96A1-54D37864E1E9.jpeg

DEBAE43B-3BDC-4663-AFD6-16EABE622085.png
That line of "buttons" don't appear to be buttons to me. It looks as if the driver will "touch" the exposed small metal bar, which will relay the "push" signal to the module for change of functions.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
"huge truck steering wheel"?
Yes, does it look familiar?
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots bronco-2021-75-front-row--interior--steering-wheel

Plus look at "spy pics" and the relation of the new Mustang steering wheel compared to the driver's legs/knees...even with a flat bottom, it looks very close to the driver's lower body.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
bronco-2021-75-front-row--interior--steering-wheel.jpg

Plus look at "spy pics" and the relation of the new Mustang steering wheel compared to the driver's legs/knees...even with a flat bottom, it looks very close to the driver's lower body.

Honestly the steering wheel in the spy shots looks smaller to me.... I get the design and airbag are similar, but the wheel circumference looks smaller when compared to the parts around it.

You can't really use a drivers knees as relative comparison considering we all have differing leg lengths, body sizes etc.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/at...tang-ecoboost-interior-spyshot-28-jpg.556665/

Unless this is the worlds largest man, this perspective makes the wheel look considerably smaller than the current one.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
At the fear of looking like a weirdo quoting my own post, but that's what I was saying earlier - if we saw the spy shots before, they looked VERY much like the actual interior.

So if this is any indication, this interior is almost done then, not a "concept."
Except for changes in trim it’s done. We are way past the concept phase. Of course that doesn’t mean some of the bits and pieces aren’t camouflaged.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
bronco-2021-75-front-row--interior--steering-wheel.jpg

Honestly the only thing that looks similar is the shape of the airbag.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except for changes in trim it’s done. We are way past the concept phase. Of course that doesn’t mean some of the bits and pieces aren’t camouflaged.
Agreed. The only pieces that look unfinished are the air vent trim(which might not change), final airbag trim(this one has Ford oval), and the buttons where the toggles would be appear to be 3D printed placeholders...

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Agreed. The only pieces that look unfinished are the air vent trim(which might not change), final airbag trim(this one has Ford oval), and the buttons where the toggles would be appear to be 3D printed placeholders...
I keep seeing this comment about the ford oval on the airbag cover, so I took another look. It’s quite clearly a mustang running horse. Maybe take another look?
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 125A59FB-FB98-4F4F-89AE-AD6B62E9FA20

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve seen plenty of prototype / pre-production cars before and from my experience, the only stuff that’s not “done” is anything that is bare plastic that’s shiny. There is some around the center vents, for example (not the vents themselves, however.)

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, those places holders won’t be on the production model. I believe we’ll get modernized toggles

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep seeing this comment about the ford oval on the airbag cover, so I took another look. It’s quite clearly a mustang running horse. Maybe take another look?
125A59FB-FB98-4F4F-89AE-AD6B62E9FA20.jpeg
Well damn, now that you outline it I can see it. Logo aside its still a bare unfinished airbag cover.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang INTERIOR First Look Spyshots! + More Exterior Shots 1649786534049

I'm all for Chrome and Piano Black. However 650 will require a whole new Boatload of Plastic Chrome from China.

Great for Car Shows and Short Trips, but Completely Impractical for a Daily Driver. Just too many Reflections. I was even getting Reflections in my Eyes from the Chrome Trim Ring on the Lower Door Speaker.

Which brings me to S650. All the LCD Screens need to have Non Glare Coatings, or be Recessed into the Dash to Avoid Reflections. Especially Important for a Track Car. Are they Recessed Enough in the Spy Photos? Is there a Brow Large enough to Shade the Main Display?

It seems the Center Display is in the Same Plane as the Cluster Display, although taller, hence the Dip on the Right Side of the Cluster Display. If so, I can see the Brow going the Full Length of the 2 Displays, which would just Leave 1 Hump, or else the Brow continues all the way over to the Passenger Vent. 2 Humps or Brows would seem Asymmetrical.

I suppose it's Possible to have 2 Humps, if the Cluster Brow Recedes on the Right and the Center Display is Revealed to have no Back, similar to Escape or Mach-e. Then the Passenger Brow would Project towards the Passenger, as it does now.

With No Evidence at this point, I'm leaning to either the Single or Full Length Brow.
Sponsored