• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!]

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Thanks for shooting this video.
It provides a great overview of the colour differences.

Dumb question: Why do some vehicles have a strip of white film across the front of the hood?

S650 Mustang S650 everywhere at the Flat Rock plant! [updated w/ video!] Capture.JPG
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Awesome video man! I'm excited for the people who have built Stangs, I cant wait to be there soon. I counted roughly 450 in that large lot. That would be about 1/3 of a normal weeks production.

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Awesome video man! I'm excited for the people who have built Stangs, I cant wait to be there soon. I counted roughly 450 in that large lot. That would be about 1/3 of a normal days production.
Flat Rock produces 1200+ Mustang's per day??

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
most likely those are for overseas sales and not usa orders

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The majority of new vehicles sit outside for weeks prior to being sold. At least at the plant they’re in a clean, paved, relatively secure location. You should see some of the trucking yards these will sit in. Also, does one realize that dealer inventory sits outside (for the most part)?? Lol
Good point. Not to mention they PDI it and wash it at the dealer through an automatic car wash that probably never get brushes changed unless they are missing portions / damaged.

All of a sudden the serious detail guys are all triggered. :explode:

Well at least they know they adopted an abused mustang.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That long line of them...wow

It triggers me that they are sitting outside in the elements. And for how long.

I do see one white one with a black roof. Must of used up the 1 Gallon they bought.
On the plus side, it's currently the warm season in Michigan and they've been pretty dry as a recent.

So this is as good of a time, if any, for cars that are sitting outside.

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Man, that video gave me butterflies lol Anyone familiar with Ford's processing know why these cars are just sitting and not on their way to the dealers? Also, would all of these cars have to be delivered before any of our orders are?
It can be any number of reasons why.

The main reasons are:

1. The cars are awaiting a final quality check/review

2. There's a stop-sale due to a recall.

3. The cars require additional paint/installation that couldn't be done on the main assembly line.

4. Perhaps the most common (per the reports on Bronco6G), which is that it's most cost efficient for Ford and OEMs to ship cars cross-country in batches. So often, they'll have cars intended for specific destinations sit until enough are built to fill an entire trailer.

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Man, that video gave me butterflies lol Anyone familiar with Ford's processing know why these cars are just sitting and not on their way to the dealers? Also, would all of these cars have to be delivered before any of our orders are?
Tesla does the same thing.. They wait to have enough cars to fill a train going to the same destination.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 TBC
Was there any blue embers, I dont think I saw any...That white with the black roof...that is a good looking car.
Sponsored