• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Regular GT v Performance Pack & MagneRide

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous - '19 GT, '24 ZL1 - Next, '25 GT, DH?
I had a regular regular 2019 GT without the perf. pack / magride. I never really cared for the sloppy, bobbing about feeling when pressing the car a little or on uneven or winding roads? In a 2024, would getting the perf. pack / magneride largely solve this?
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
Magnaride is great if you can afford it. The performance pack suspension is better than stock, but it's nothing you can't do on your own with aftermarket parts. It would probably be tough to find one without the PP but with MR though.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
Magnaride is great if you can afford it. The performance pack suspension is better than stock, but it's nothing you can't do on your own with aftermarket parts. It would probably be tough to find one without the PP but with MR though.
For S650 you HAVE to buy a GT Premium, WITH Performance Pack to be able to option in Magneride.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Being that you MUST buy the performance package to THEN have the ability to order magneride it is a very expensive proposition. I didn't bother and the car rides just fine to me.

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
In a 2024, would getting the perf. pack / magneride largely solve this?
ONLY if the MR setup comes with the GOOD dampers. In S550 this means the GT500/Mach1/GT350R units. I'm not clear what the SKUs are for S650. I would hope Ford pulled their head out of xxxx and ALL MR equipped cars have the same dampers, GT/EB and DH. But sadly I doubt it.

There are FAR cheaper ways to solve S550 suspension problems (the PP1 dampers are indeed laughable sh*te) than buying a new car.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
ONLY if the MR setup comes with the GOOD dampers. In S550 this means the GT500/Mach1/GT350R units. I'm not clear what the SKUs are for S650. I would hope Ford pulled their head out of xxxx and ALL MR equipped cars have the same dampers, GT/EB and DH. But sadly I doubt it.

There are FAR cheaper ways to solve S550 suspension problems (the PP1 dampers are indeed laughable sh*te) than buying a new car.
I tried digging up info on this as well before we ordered our 2024 with MR. The only thing that I found was a comment posted by @TeamSteeda back in October, but they never followed up to my reply. Check out the post here:
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...libration-configurations.158062/#post-3237341

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The only thing that I found was a comment posted by @TeamSteeda back in October, but they never followed up to my reply.
Maybe they were too busy running their focus groups and implementing their "package protection" scheme to get back with you ... :cwl:

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
Being that you MUST buy the performance package to THEN have the ability to order magneride it is a very expensive proposition. I didn't bother and the car rides just fine to me.
The non-PP suspension is already comfortable for normal driving. I'd argue MagneRide's benefit is letting you get the Performance Package's stiffer suspension without losing street comfort.

Last edited:

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
We have both, the PP and the Magneride and it is an amazing driving car.
Sponsored