• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Red S650 Mustang Ecoboost pics from Ford Authority

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
interesting that the Ecoboost handling pack now has the GT Performance Pack brakes rather than the base GT brakes this time around
sadly, it looks like the High Output Ecoboost isn't making a return, as you could only get the handling package with that engine on the S550

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I like the side profile but the front and rear just fall apart for me.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
interesting that the Ecoboost handling pack now has the GT Performance Pack brakes rather than the base GT brakes this time around
that was true since about march(?) 2021.

sadly, it looks like the High Output Ecoboost isn't making a return, as you could only get the handling package with that engine on the S550
worse the 6MT is bye-bye. That's an unforgivable sin. But on the other hand the "narrow" RPM band for the 2.3EB is best paired up with a slush-box with too many gear ratios, so...

I'm going to put 3.73 gears on my EB. I had 3.55 on a previous eco ('19 Eb/PP) and it need more to more closely approximate the Mt82D5 which is a JOY to row with the eco. It was a crime to put the D4 on the Eco in MY18.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
To each their own, the issue imo is the 2018 to current design doesn't flow as well as the s650 or the pre-facelift. The s650 front end has masterful line flow. The single line running across the grille and lights. The lower vent lines curve up into the fangs in the grille, which line up with the lines on the hood. The line running up the side vents wraps around, and flows into the top of the contrasting section below the grille. The headlights like the 2015-17 are stretched to the ends, making it look wider, and helping to guide your eye down the side of the car.

Compare this to the 2018, there's very little flow or cohesiveness there compared to the s650. The upper grille is lower, and more droopy, The efforts to connect the upper grille with the lower vents and intakes are half-assed at best, looks like two separate cars mashed together. The corner vents look so bad.

The forward slash angle they added to the lights makes the front end every saggier looking, disrupts the flow of the design, and makes the lights look even smaller. Which looks very disproportionate because they made the grille slightly larger. The hood lines are also a downgrade, the way they remain mostly straight, just to curve aggressively right before the windshield doesn't look as good as the 2015-17 or s650 where the key hood lines are more gradual and consistent.

The only improvement on the 2018s over the 15-17 and the s650 is the sharply angled DRLs which look sick. Aside from that, it's a mess. Sure, I can understand why some don't like the black section under the s650 grille, but it's pretty good looking. Plus if it bothers people, it would be extremely easy to paint to wrap it body color. The only way to fix the 2018's front end is by replacing the entire thing.
A well thought out and lucid reply ... but not even close to being correct. In fact, most of it is the exact opposite; however, you can believe what you desire to believe, that is your right and I will back you up 100%. The 18 plus is extremely cohesive, well thought out and the lines sre spot on, (especially the front end), more so than the 24, which, IMO, was 'thrown' together to get it out. My neighbor's chevy silvarado has practically the same head lights. Nevertheless, I don't dislike the car, I just think Ford could have done a better job.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
This shows that the flat trunk lid is actually well proportioned. Some photos made it look too long, but that just seems like a weird angle that wrongly gave us that impression.
I still see it too long... And that one has a spoiler, it looks even longer without it

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
A well thought out and lucid reply ... but not even close to being correct. In fact, most of it is the exact opposite; however, you can believe what you desire to believe, that is your right and I will back you up 100%. The 18 plus is extremely cohesive, well thought out and the lines sre spot on, (especially the front end), more so than the 24, which, IMO, was 'thrown' together to get it out. My neighbor's chevy silvarado has practically the same head lights. Nevertheless, I don't dislike the car, I just think Ford could have done a better job.
If you don’t dislike the car then why are 95% of your posts complaining about its looks? On a site that serves as a fanbase for said car no less

It’s like running around pulling a Ricky Bobby saying “no offense but”

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
that was true since about march(?) 2021.
ah, ok, i must've missed or forgotten about that

worse the 6MT is bye-bye. That's an unforgivable sin. But on the other hand the "narrow" RPM band for the 2.3EB is best paired up with a slush-box with too many gear ratios, so...
i don't know if i would call the 10R80 a slush-box, it's not a perfect transmission by any means but it's pretty good and can have some pretty nice shifts. i will agree about the too many gear ratios, though, sometimes it feels like this.
S650 Mustang Red S650 Mustang Ecoboost pics from Ford Authority 1669176070285

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe

PigInLipstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Skateboard
I'm going to put 3.73 gears on my EB. I had 3.55 on a previous eco ('19 Eb/PP) and it need more to more closely approximate the Mt82D5 which is a JOY to row with the eco. It was a crime to put the D4 on the Eco in MY18.
You must mean an EB you already own.... From all of the trash you post on here there's no way you're actually going to buy a S650....

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
If you don’t dislike the car then why are 95% of your posts complaining about its looks? On a site that serves as a fanbase for said car no less

It’s like running around pulling a Ricky Bobby saying “no offense but”
Nothing of the kind. My complaints are merely opinions. and I am not in any way a 'no offense but' kind of guy, especially not in my line of work. The car grows on me and then it doesn't, depending on what I see. You can't honestly say you like 'everything' about the car. Once you say something like 'Ford could have done _____ better', then you are putting said fanbase in an uproar ... no less. At this point, my 19 is a more unique and better looking car in 'a majority' of ways, but I will wait to see the 24 before any final judgement on my part.

PigInLipstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Skateboard
well duh... that should have been inferred from context...
What are you 6? "Well duh...." No, there's no evidence or information provided within the context of your comment that would infer that you meant you already own said EB. Other evidence that you've provided to the public would also infer otherwise as your vehicle list does not contain an EB Mustang so check yourself.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
You're just gunna wear yourself out at this pace mate.

What are you 6? "Well duh...." No, there's no evidence or information provided within the context of your comment that would infer that you meant you already own said EB. Other evidence that you've provided to the public would also infer otherwise as your vehicle list does not contain an EB Mustang so check yourself.
Sponsored