• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Recaros or default 401A

lionblood981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium VB, PP AV 6MT
Hey everyone, my order still hasn’t been picked up but a local dealer is essentially receiving the exact same thing I ordered, but with recaros. I see that they don’t come with the climate control or power functions compared to standard 401A, so just looking to see what others decided between them. I didn’t find a whole lot of discussion regarding normal vs recaro seats here.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love the climate controlled seats, but I can’t deny the recaros look nice. As an FYI, I’m coming from cloth seats with no climate control anyways. My other concern with recaros is that I’m a bigger dude (6’0 250lbs, think like a somewhat chubby linebacker), and am worried it would be somewhat too snug for me.I have a family member with recaros in a 2014 Nissan juke but I feel like the recaros now would be better quality and maybe a bit more flexible….. not overly crazy about them. What did you guys decide for or against them?
Sponsored

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Go for comfort. You don't want to spend this much and find out your miserable on longer drives.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Hey everyone, my order still hasn’t been picked up but a local dealer is essentially receiving the exact same thing I ordered, but with recaros. I see that they don’t come with the climate control or power functions compared to standard 401A, so just looking to see what others decided between them. I didn’t find a whole lot of discussion regarding normal vs recaro seats here.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love the climate controlled seats, but I can’t deny the recaros look nice. As an FYI, I’m coming from cloth seats with no climate control anyways. My other concern with recaros is that I’m a bigger dude (6’0 250lbs, think like a somewhat chubby linebacker), and am worried it would be somewhat too snug for me.I have a family member with recaros in a 2014 Nissan juke but I feel like the recaros now would be better quality and maybe a bit more flexible….. not overly crazy about them. What did you guys decide for or against them?
Go Recaro. They're extremely comfortable for long distances, excellent lumbar support too especially considering it's fixed

You might be on the border in terms of size but should fit fine. Go find a used S550 with them and you'll be able to tell in a minute

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
wait for whichever one shows up first. If the Recaro comes first and you don't fit, you're not on the hook anyway.

OP
OP

lionblood981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium VB, PP AV 6MT
For me, cooled seats are non-negotiable in Texas heat.
Definitely understandable. I get both extremes as I’m across the border from detroit, but for only 3-4 months at a time

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
The lack of heated and cooled functionality kills it for me. But if that doesn't matter to you, you're probably better off getting the recaro's

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

From a big dude to another… be careful with recaros.

If you have a wider than average back, you might have the unpleasant impression of not being leaned back in your seat.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I daily drive my Mustang and I found the s550 Recaro seats uncomfortable for my daily commute and long trips. For comparison I’m 6’2” and 245.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Recaros are fantastic, but they do tend to favor slimmer and smaller-framed people. If they have any models on-site now with them, maybe do a test drive or just sit in one while having a cup of coffee.

FWIW, at my latitude, heated and/or cooled seats are not a dealbreaker. If driving during the Winter months, the heated steering wheel, that's welcome sometimes. YMMV.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Find it odd that a seat with less features, that limits your passengers by size for comfort, costs thousands of dollars as an option.

Just so it can say RECARO on the top?

Guess if you are pulling "Gs" on the track, sure.

Ooboo3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT 350; ‘20 Aviator; '21 RAM TRX

You don't want to have to live with the wrong choice. I'm roughly your size and own a GT350 and went through the same questions. Recaros look really nice, but the heated/ cooled seats are so much more comfortable so I got them instead. I'm not a track guy anyway. But, I did have to sit in the Recaros for a test fit and that sealed the deal for me. Just too hard and confining, plus I've gotten spoiled with cooled seats here in the South.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
I’ve seen it said here and elsewhere to go find a S550 with Recaros to try them first.

Do we know for sure they are the same seat from S550 to S650?

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
I’ve seen it said here and elsewhere to go find a S550 with Recaros to try them first.

Do we know for sure they are the same seat from S550 to S650?
I don’t think they are but they will be similar enough for you to decided
Sponsored