• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear View Mirror - Adjustment

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Just got my first ever Mustang delivered at the dealership. Can't help but notice that the rear view mirror is kind of limited in movement with all the sensors on the windshield.

I am 6 ft tall and personally prefer my seats all the way up or almost up. So that's what I did with this mustang. Set it almost all the way up so my head doesn't touch the roof.

I couldn't see much on my rear view. It was like 70% backseat and 30% the road/cars. Tried playing around with the seat, both back and pulled it front and down also. But the most I get on my rear view is like 60% road and 40% backseat. Still not ideal. Cause the rear view mirror kinda is limited in movement with sensor.

Any one else face this issue and know what to do with it?
Sponsored

Boykin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible; 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I had to move the entire mirror down away from the camera area and then tilt the mirror up. Otherwise there was not enough room between the mirror and the camera to get any mirror movement.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I noticed this too when I was trying to find a location for my Dash cam. It ends up just working for me, but I can see how it could be an issue for some.

FroYo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just got my first ever Mustang delivered at the dealership. Can't help but notice that the rear view mirror is kind of limited in movement with all the sensors on the windshield.

I am 6 ft tall and personally prefer my seats all the way up or almost up. So that's what I did with this mustang. Set it almost all the way up so my head doesn't touch the roof.

I couldn't see much on my rear view. It was like 70% backseat and 30% the road/cars. Tried playing around with the seat, both back and pulled it front and down also. But the most I get on my rear view is like 60% road and 40% backseat. Still not ideal. Cause the rear view mirror kinda is limited in movement with sensor.

Any one else face this issue and know what to do with it?
Have same issue, I'm 5.10 but, I can't move my mirror as I like to, it will touch plastic on the right,
also noticed that if you go over 65m\h it is vibrating so hard so it is hard to look at image in it

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I had to move the entire mirror down away from the camera area and then tilt the mirror up. Otherwise there was not enough room between the mirror and the camera to get any mirror movement.
Did it work then? I tried this last night and didn't seem to work for me. Can you please make a video of how you did it? I know I am asking alot but would really help with this extremely annoying problem

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This would be my only complaint. I'm making it work but the mirror is not in my ideal placement. I'm 6'5'' and I have the seat all the way down and back and I can see a good part out the rear view but it still needs to move up a little move. I looked at it and dont really see a way to get it to move anymore.

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
Is there a solution for this? Just sat in one and I have the same issue.

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT PP1 mag ride recaros; 23 Demon 170
Subscribing, I’m 6’ 1” and have the same issue.

OP
OP

undertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I can't remember exactly what worked for me as I dont have the car but one of this worked.

- I twisted it a dull 180 and this way it worked
- Or I twisted it 180 once and then again 180 back to it's original position. This way it got loose and I adjusted it.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Did it work then? I tried this last night and didn't seem to work for me. Can you please make a video of how you did it? I know I am asking alot but would really help with this extremely annoying problem
Also interested in a video of the process.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
The convertible is worse. I can 50% of the rear and 50% of the back seat. Salesman said thats the highest it will go. I can still safely see out the back so I am confident.

TUnica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Fastback, 68 Falcon Sports Coupe
I’m 6’3” and we have the convertible and the rear view mirror maybe is 50% for me - definitely a problem

toodawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non currently
I haven’t bought the car but drive it last night. For me, I’m missing 1/4 of the right rear view. Seems like the plastic stuff mounted to the windshield prevents it from moving. This probably isn’t a deal breaker but it is dangerous.
I’m still trying to understand the 180 rotation and what that actually does. Just looking for any real solutions.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had to turn the mirror to the left, push it up, and then turn it back to the right to get the mirror to where I could see completely out the back. Glad to see I'm not the only one who experienced this. Was this an issue on the S550 as well?