• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rear view camera won’t turn off

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Got in the car after stopping for a drink, and the rear view camera wouldn’t disengage. Here’s a video where I’m in neutral, changing gears and driving forward…. Still on….

Sponsored

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 400A AE B&O
Try rear camera delay. At work didn't watch video. The intended purpose is that it stays on in situations such as parallel parking for additional assistance. It should go away after passing 5mph in drive. If not, there's a problem.

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in features -> driver assistance

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's in features -> driver assistance
It wasn’t that. 2000 miles on my car and it randomly decided to do that. Not a settings change.

Update: it turned off when I finally got to my destination and applied the parking brake.

StickyRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wasn’t that. 2000 miles on my car and it randomly decided to do that. Not a settings change.

Update: it turned off when I finally got to my destination and applied the parking brake.
Perhaps try resetting the computer by holding forward (right of "ok") and volume down together for 5 seconds. Hopefully not evidence of a larger issue. If it ever arises again of course.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

My Wifes Explorer and my F150 randomly do the same thng- I stop- put in reverse.,..then back into drive and it turns the camera off most of the time.....

not an S650 exclusive issue- its a Ford issue

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I had the assist lines disappear in the rear camera view once. Had to turn car off and on to get them back. Hasn't happened again.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah all these issues are not new, I had them on 4-5 year old Fords. Just a glitch in the matrix. Wish there was an option to keep the rear camera on the screen, would be a better view then what I get out to of the rear view mirror.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

If it happens again, just stop and turn the car off and turn it back on. I’m finding a lot of things that aren’t working right. Once you turn the power off and back on they work. I can’t believe you already have 2000 miles on it. I barely drive mine because my husband said it’s a gas guzzler. He hates me just to take it just to be riding.🙄 I don’t want it sitting in the garage, and just collecting dust

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it happens again, just stop and turn the car off and turn it back on. I’m finding a lot of things that aren’t working right. Once you turn the power off and back on they work. I can’t believe you already have 2000 miles on it. I barely drive mine because my husband said it’s a gas guzzler. He hates me just to take it just to be riding.🙄 I don’t want it sitting in the garage, and just collecting dust
I took it on a road trip.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
While I agree reboot/reset/restart will usually remedy the situation, imo an unacceptable byproduct of….

out of curiosity what are the reported volts during an ‘electrical sourced’ anomaly?

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While I agree reboot/reset/restart will usually remedy the situation, imo an unacceptable byproduct of….

out of curiosity what are the reported volts during an ‘electrical sourced’ anomaly?
I didn’t check.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I took it on a road trip.
My stuff seems to be working good now. Just trying to figure out the right way to put the top down and up as far as the handle, it looks like you touch the same button to put up and down. I need to start paying more attention
I have had mine a month and don’t quite have 400 miles on it yet. Did get it up to 5000 rpm’s today. I wish I could get those pieces to put on in the back for when the top is down😭

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang Rear view camera won’t turn off image

This picture is how the top lays down then I retract it. And I do not mess with the handle when I put it down. I unlock and let it go. No need to lay it back flat before putting the top down. Works fine.

S650 Mustang Rear view camera won’t turn off image

see, I don’t mess with it once I unlock it.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
image.jpg

This picture is how the top lays down then I retract it. And I do not mess with the handle when I put it down. I unlock and let it go. No need to lay it back flat before putting the top down. Works fine.

image.jpg

see, I don’t mess with it once I unlock it.
Thx, I’ve also noticed ours seems to drop in place smoother when left unlatched during closing. Tbh though really haven’t spent enough time back there looking for potential issues.
Sponsored