• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Over The Air Updates - OTA

PresentNotPast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hello everyone! Everyday is another day closer to delivery of the brand new mustang! I was wondering since this new mustang has a lot of tech built into it and will have over the air updates, if it could be getting performance updates over time?
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Sync 4 in the Mustang will have the over-the-air "Ford Power Up" updates, just like a Mach E, Expedition, Super Duty, etc

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
My F150 has downloaded 4 or 5 over the last year. I'd expect it to be similar if not more frequent.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Beware.. once tunes are available, your calibration can be wiped out by Ford. 22 F 150 here.. ask me how I know. Over the air has been shut off.. Nuff said

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I would imagine the eco boost at least, the HPP from last year model at least offered 330 HP.
I don't see Ford giving any performance boosting updates to the engine tune. Bug fixes, emissons updates, etc. for sure. Why give something away for free when you can sell it thru Ford Performance or other partners as an authorized tune. On the F150 which has OTA updates they have even wiped aftermarket tunes.

Ford is locking the system on MY24 with encryption and attempting to create a network of authorized "partners" for tuning. Rarely in industry does authorized partner status come without large buckets of $$$. I can't see Ford undercutting the partners for free. Even Ford Performance is technically aftermarket parts.

But I'm just a random person on the internet and my thoughts are worth exactly what you paid for them :cwl:

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
On my Mach E GTPE the over the air updates keep taking away functionality. Originally on the main screen you could have up to 4 screens showing like on my DH. Now it is a one screen wonder and after the update yesterday on the drivers screen, they took away the ability to see what drive mode you are in and moved the MPH off to the side and put a useless image of the car in the center. I am scared they will start taking away the aux gauges and things like that so I am turning off the OTA updates in my DH.

S650 Mustang Over The Air Updates - OTA New OS-1

S650 Mustang Over The Air Updates - OTA Original OS Mach E GT

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, they wiped a tune we had on our 22 F150 out. It was a pain in the a$$ to get it back on. OTA is off now.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
In my experience (Tesla and Ford), sometimes the OTA update returns some settings to default values. If something changes on your screen, you may want to check your settings and see if you can re-select the option you want.

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
In my experience (Tesla and Ford), sometimes the OTA update returns some settings to default values. If something changes on your screen, you may want to check your settings and see if you can re-select the option you want.
Yes, on my Mach E it always reset auto mirror fold and Brake Coach and sometimes the auto lock on walk away. The problem I have is there is an update every couple of days. Now on the last update my speedometer is no longer in the center of the drivers display. Strange how you can drive a car for 18 months and one day your gauges move! I have a new case with Ford on that one along with hundreds of other people that do not like it. Auto Updates is OFF on the Dark Horse, so they don't screw that car up.

S650 Mustang Over The Air Updates - OTA Dash Display

S650 Mustang Over The Air Updates - OTA IMG_20231214_132948514_HDR

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Would be cool to even get an update considering there are multiple infotainment flaws.......

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Be careful what you wish for... I have a 2021 F150, and for the first year or so, most every time they did an update to fix something, they broke something else.

In fairness, the process was new to Ford at the time. Hopefully they have a better process now...
Sponsored