• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
i know its a bad shop but just removing that black bar and cleaning the front up more like THIS would make the new front like 70% nicer to me.

S650 Mustang Official RACE RED Mustang S650 Thread thumbnail_IMG_0579
Sponsored

nvabill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Good pics! What was your impression from seeing it in person?
Thanks, I liked it a lot although the outside is very similar to the existing platform except for the taillights. With that said the man there was nice enough to open it up and let us look inside. I was very impressed with the new cockpit especially the new larger one piece screen.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
S650 looks stunning in Race Red. I am now torn on waiting to see if 2025 colors add an orange or just to place an order for a 2024 Race Red GT Performance Package. I want twister orange or competition orange back, but this race red is solid.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
S650 looks stunning in Race Red. I am now torn on waiting to see if 2025 colors add an orange or just to place an order for a 2024 Race Red GT Performance Package. I want twister orange or competition orange back, but this race red is solid.
We need a purple. I don't mean a purple like the oilslick one on the s550, I'm talking about a rich, vibrant purple like the challenger's have. We also need a mint green. We've gotten gottahaveit green, highland green, and eruption green. But I want something different, mint green looks fantastic.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Same. If they don't bring back any of the darker/true oranges and not that yellowish orange ie Cyber Orange or the other yellowish orange from the s197, then Race Red would be my fallback as well.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
i know its a bad shop but just removing that black bar and cleaning the front up more like THIS would make the new front like 70% nicer to me.

thumbnail_IMG_0579.jpg
I agree. I'm not a fan of the black part on the bumper, it just looks so off to me. Add in gloss black to the lower vents and I think it would look even better still. Then get a different hood and all three of my front end gripes would be addressed! 😃

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
Same. If they don't bring back any of the darker/true oranges and not that yellowish orange ie Cyber Orange or the other yellowish orange from the s197, then Race Red would be my fallback as well.
I went and looked at the historical Mustang colors on Steeda, seems odds are in our favor for Ford to have a competition or similar color and hope its not locked to the GT500 like Code Orange. I am also on the prowl for a 2016 GT350 in Competition Orange or a 2020 GT350 in Twister Orange…

Barschlep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I'm not one to normally jump on the panel gap train, but as it was brought up in another one of these show cars, the hood fitment at the front passenger side corner is terrible. Car looks pretty good in red though. I still want to see them out in natural light though. The show lighting makes the matte black corner vent pieces look much darker than they really are, and I think that looks better than what they look like in natural light.
I feel if they can't get the hood fitment right on two successive generations, even on a show car, it really makes me wonder how committed they really are to bring QC back up.

This red does look really good on it! I hope they'll allow convertibles to get all of the PP goodies.

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350

DarkHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse(Pending)
Not a Red fan. Never been a red fan. But THIS is gorgeous!

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
I'm torn between race red and rapid red.
It would help narrow my short list down from 4 to 3.

I don't like how rapid red is darker and has a slight purple tinge to it.
I don't like the flatness (is that a word?) of race red.

Mustang only needs one red colour - Mazda's soul red crystal metallic.

Dumb question:
How do you make race red really "pop" like a metallic colour?
(And without waxing it every time it comes out of the garage)
Sponsored