• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

JM150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 5.0L V8
I'd say the 5.0 is the closest we'll get to a modern day 2JZ, reliable as hell and very easy to tune.
Agreed, this 3.0 is also running 26 psi of boost, it appears to be near the upper edge of its limit in stock form for pump gas. The Coyote isn’t even at 50% of its limit factory sealed. Dodge also seems to have taken many cues from the 5.0’s technology (DOHC + Plasma cylinder liners). All in all I would say the 4th gen 5.0L V8 is still more advanced with the 12:1 static compression and PFDI dual fueling. Stellantis missed a big one with direct injection only. You can simply do more with the Ford powertrain.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Eh that’s more of a B58 thing being a I6. Lol.

Coyote is it’s own legendary thing.
The B58 is undoubtedly the 2JZ of this generation, it's not even close

Back on topic, hey, at least Dodge decided to actually make a new car here. Are those new seats and door cards? They distracted me from the entirely new interior and chassis.

Exterior's a mixed bag. The concept was admittedly killer, and at least they kept the coolest concept in the EV version's aero tunnel up front, but the proportional constraints and compromises to make this production-friendly completely morphed the design into something with a few too many chromosomes.

The front detailing looks like an afterthought on the ICE models too.

Either way, props to Dodge for investing heavily into the platform, but the only way this thing's relevant to the Mustang is in tradition. At this point, we're comparing two completely different packages. Good luck to the journalists and reviewers who have to force comparisons on these things in the near future.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
After looking at it more, they really should have committed to the roofline and made it hyper contemporary and swoopy. Kind of looks like you have a futuristic and dynamic body mated to the outgoing Charger's sort of upright and frumpy silhouette. It's like the roofline is too high and bulbous and the cant rails are too thick; could have at least used gloss black to blend the insides with the roof panel and glass.

But yeah, the design is mostly nice, it just fails above the shoulders which ends up ruining the whole thing.

S650 Mustang Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs 1709709438724

S650 Mustang Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs 1709709428700

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
So what makes this a muscle car?
650+ horsepower in a body that looks like the late 60s Mopars and has 2 doors available?

The more I see of it the more I love it. Everybody is focused on the EV version. Yes the EV version will be expensive, heavy, (fast as hell), and annoying to keep charged. That's why you buy the gasoline version!

AWD/RWD selectable means no more parking the car for 4 months of the year. The interior is amazing and you can honestly put 4 people in it. The hatchback brings back memories of the old Mustangs and Camaros and Mopars of yesteryear. The exterior is gorgeous and immediately makes you see the late 60s Mopars. This new car looks more retro than the outgoing model by a long shot. I think they have hit a homerun here.

Pricing will be interesting. The current car starts at $35k. I can't imagine that the starting price will go much beyond $40k, and that will have 420+ horsepower. It'll get expensive fast as you go up the scale, but apples to apples it's going to really push pressure on Ford, and we all know GM has NOTHING to offer now so....

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
So what makes this a muscle car?
nothing, it has no V8 so it does not fit in that category anymore. just like how the C8 isnt a muscle car because its mid-engine

...Stellantis missed a big one with direct injection only....
DI only?? im sure nothing could possibly go wrong! what's carbon buildup anyways?

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I will say this. We need to give it time to see what these cars will do. But it's Dodge.. idc what car they make, it's still gotta have issues 😂. As for this new engine. I say it's gonna probably blow up alot if they max effort the car already. They are not BMW or Toyota who been doing I6 engines for decades. So it's hard for me to jump to their I6. And I will say that mf gonna get locked down also tuning wise. I know they said it will be tunable but I'm sure it will get locked. The issue is Dodge has to make this car perfect or they will go belly up without the hemi. So you asking that whole corporation to make a great car.. something they have not done for 30 yrs. They just had great V8's. So we will see.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
After looking at it more, they really should have committed to the roofline and made it hyper contemporary and swoopy. Kind of looks like you have a futuristic and dynamic body mated to the outgoing Charger's sort of upright and frumpy silhouette. It's like the roofline is too high and bulbous and the cant rails are too thick; could have at least used gloss black to blend the insides with the roof panel and glass.

But yeah, the design is mostly nice, it just fails above the shoulders which ends up ruining the whole thing.

1709709438724.png

1709709428700.png
Awfully similar from the side shot. So much for originality these days :(

S650 Mustang Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs 2008-Audi-A5-vs-2016-Audi-A5-Design-Comparison-01-720x720

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Im sure Dodge fans will love the 100k markups and starting price north of 60k
Sponsored