• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

% off msrp on 24 GTs

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
Current NoVA/MD cursory market survey

Ourisman Manassas is advertising GTs as low as 16.5% off MSRP when I did a quick look.
Koons Sterling is doing 10% off GT, 12% on Ecoboost
Lindsay Wheaton is doing 12% off GT.
Sheehy is doing 10-12% off GT, 12.5% off Eco
Are these deals usually just for what's in stock or are they applicable to custom orders too?
Sponsored

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Are these deals usually just for what's in stock or are they applicable to custom orders too?
I'm not a dealer rep, though I've been accused of being one...

Normally dealers have much more incentive to clear existing stock than they do bending over backwards on a custom order. That said, as a consumer it seems eminently reasonable that if a dealer is willing to write-down inventory which has already incurred other expenses, that a custom order should come in well neigh dealer cost. But I don't run the accounting department.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
I'm not a dealer rep, though I've been accused of being one...

Normally dealers have much more incentive to clear existing stock than they do bending over backwards on a custom order. That said, as a consumer it seems eminently reasonable that if a dealer is willing to write-down inventory which has already incurred other expenses, that a custom order should come in well neigh dealer cost. But I don't run the accounting department.
You're good, I was just curious.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Every day a vehicle sits on the lot it costs the dealership money, whether it's interest paid on the money they borrowed to buy it or lost opportunity cost of not being able to use that same money to buy another vehicle that can be offered for sale. Because of this, your bigger discounts will come on vehicles on the lot compared to placing a retail order. They know you want it and it won't sit in inventory, so they know they got you.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
My next and hopefully last question regarding these discounts is "How can I determine if a specific dealership is likely to offer 10+% off their vehicles?" Or is this usually only during the end of the month or during certain holiday periods?

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Bought my son a GT last week and my dealer did a dealer trade and we got 11.8% off MSRP.
what did the discounts stack up like? Or did they just straight drop the price?

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
S650 Mustang % off msrp on 24 GTs 1716661589993-jy

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
"How can I determine if a specific dealership is likely to offer 10+% off their vehicles?"
if they don't already advertise below Invoice, fat chance.
If the car has been sitting for 90 days the dealer should be getting antsy to move it. You find a comp car from a dealer actually offering 10+ off and tell your local guy, match or beat.

local price + doc fee(s) <= away price + doc fee + transport

shipping to Utah should be ~$1700

That said, eg. Sheehy Springfield is STILL sitting on a July '23 GT Premium S650 that was custom ordered. They've got 10% off today but given its age should be 15 or more off.

The gray DH at Ourisman I mentioned above was an employee order they are not taking delivery.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
If the car has been sitting for 90 days the dealer should be getting antsy to move it. You find a comp car from a dealer actually offering 10+ off and tell your local guy, match or beat.

That said, eg. Sheehy Springfield is STILL sitting on a July '23 GT Premium S650 that was custom ordered. They've got 10% off today but given its age should be 15 or more off.

The gray DH at Ourisman I mentioned above was an employee order they are not taking delivery.
As always, good to know. Thank you for your response. At this point what I'm looking for is quite specific, so I'm likely not going to be able to advantage of 10-15% off GTs any time soon. My must haves at minimum are 301A, active exhaust, mini-spare, Oxford White, and Space Grey Interior. And then my ideal build (i.e. the most I'm willing to spend without discounts from MSRP) is 400A, California Special, and B&O sound system in addition to the active exhaust and mini spare. I'm 99% certain I'll have to custom order my GT when/if that time comes. But again, thank you for all your help. 😊 And for the record I did check out all those areas you listed for GT discounts.

horned-toad

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
My must haves at minimum are 301A, active exhaust, mini-spare, Oxford White, and Space Grey Interior. And then my ideal build (i.e. the most I'm willing to spend without discounts from MSRP) is 400A, California Special, and B&O sound system
white+grey is gonna be RARE. The mini-spare you can buy at the parts counter. Or 3rd party for half. The B&O is not worth the coin. You can get actually GOOD audio for much less.

Good luck in your search.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EcoBoost (101A)
white+grey is gonna be RARE. The mini-spare you can buy at the parts counter. Or 3rd party for half. The B&O is not worth the coin. You can get actually GOOD audio for much less.

Good luck in your search.
Thank you very much once again. This advice may help save me a fair bit, I really appreciate it.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP

I need a Nite Pony, 401A, Active Exhaust and performance pack at a 10% discount.

Interior and exterior color doesn't matter. Think this is rare too.
Sponsored