• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Noob Question

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So Saturday night I was driving home with my wife. I was at a red light and the dude next to me was being a smartass so when the light turned green I let it rip. This is the first time I have a car with this much power and I have been driving it as I would drive my Honda Civic LOL Saturday I was 20 miles shy of the 1000 break-in period so I figured it wouldn't hurt anybody.... So First gear I went up to about 6200 RPMs and shifted to second (the dude was behind me already) This is where it got weird for me.. Once in 2nd gear, I was still accelerating pretty hard and suddenly felt my rear end sway to the left so I hit the clutch put it in 3rd and didn't give it gas anymore I got scared for a little... I never felt like I was going to lose control but I was wondering if this is typical so that I can be ready next time lol?

My wife noticed it and asked me why it did that.. I told her the tires were cold and I lost grip :facepalm:

Feel free to make fun of me.. like I said it's my first car with so much power and to top it off RWD :rockon:
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Hmmm maybe it was the road? WhT tires? I give it the business in 1st and shift to second and chirp the tires and don’t lose it.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
The manual says don’t drive summer tires when temperatures are below 40 degrees

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Just got a little sideways…. That’s it, you’ve been bit by the bug.

it’s a slippery slope from the 1st time, next thing ya know you’re pushing 8-900 and it’s kicking out 100mph plus as boost ramps in.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Stick with the Civic... LOL

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I haven't driven a car with this much power either but I have had a car on wet surfaces and sand so I have had a little experience with the car getting loose. Best thing to do when that happens is back off on the gas. Once the power is off the rear tires will get a grip and you will be in full control again. You can apply power again but just be careful how much.
I wouldn't hurt if you could get a little skid pad time.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The performance pack tires are ridiculously undersized for a powerful and heavy car like your mustang in all but commuting or drifting situations. With that much power and weight, you will be better served with tires that have a 3 for their first digit, in all four corners, if you enjoy shenanigans and prefer your Mustang not totaled.

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
It was definitely the temperature now that I tested It out yesterday. 😅
Glad you could figure it out. Your (mis)adventure, as well as “winter” showing up in Texas yesterday prompted me to look for some good all-season tires to swap out when I get mine.

ProdiGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler, Ford F150
That’s the fun of a Mustang and most RWD cars. I had a civic SI in the past and it was fun but nothing beats the fun of driving a mustang. You just need to get comfortable with RWD, push the car in safe areas and get the rear loose then learn to control it so you don’t wreck your new mustang. Do plenty of donuts! You are obligated to do a donut in an empty parking lot 😂
Sponsored