• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No More Tuning (Unless you buy from a Ford Partner)

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
There has been a lot of talk about the S650 being more locked down and not being able to be tuned (think of dodge where you need to physically modify the pcm to be able to tune or buy an unlocked one).

A new video from stangmode essentially confirms that only certain Ford partners (Whipple and others) will be able to make tunes for the S650 and that the pcm will be locked down to other tuners. You will be forced to go with a Ford-approved aftermarket company to get a tune and any power adders. He said as of now he only knows of supercharger manufacturers that will be making kits for the S650.

He did state that it is subject to change and that he has some more info to share in an upcoming video.

Hopefully, the engineers leave a nice easy bypass in place for everyone who likes to have anything other than a plain supercharger kit. It sucks that Ford promotes racing and modifying their cars, but then you can't even modify it how you would like.

stangmode video:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Stangmode suck but this is the new norm. Way too many brand are worried about hackers and they’re also worried the epa might wack them for easy tuning. So the days on getting into the Ecu for cheap and easy are over. I’m sure it’ll get hacked into at some point but then you’re going to be stuck with whatever dash update ya got. I’d like to see roush and frpp step up, offer a real tuning option but i digress

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
The reason I'll be waiting for the GT500. I figure 800 horsepower will be enough for me. Hell, my 2018 PP1 is enough for me.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Dont tell @because_murica this.

He seems to think c8 corvette piggy-back tuning will work just fine on the new Mustang.

lmaoooooo

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Listened to Jim Farley on drive today, he didnt mention very many specifics, but he did say custom tuning will be available. Don't know if that still means limited to approved third parties or not.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Some company will jailbreak it. BMW, Audi and even Porsche all had the same thing. Locked PCM's. Sooner or later it will be unlocked.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The lock basically just means two things:
  • Tunes will release much later for Gen 7 since some company will have to jailbreak the system first
  • Tunes will become more expansive since the companies would have to invest in jailbreaks first
  • But the most important one: Ford can declime your whole warranty once you jailbreaked the system compared to just declined warranty on parts influenced by your individual tuning

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I literally just showed you in the other thread that you're wrong. The C8 ECU has been unlocked by Trifecta and can be tuned natively - no piggyback.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/0...rst-company-to-natively-tune-c8-corvette-ecu/
They didn’t do shit trifecta can only modify a few tables and they’ve yet to release any tuning. This isn’t like the gtr back in 2008 when Cobb broke into it . I’d be surprised if we see a tuning platform for the c8s

PSa trifecta has been around for a long time he’s well known for the cobalt SS days. But to act like he had a tuning platform is a joke all he’s doing is bench tuning that Ecu and that’s it

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
They didn’t do shit trifecta can only modify a few tables and they’ve yet to release any tuning. This isn’t like the gtr back in 2008 when Cobb broke into it . I’d be surprised if we see a tuning platform for the c8s

PSa trifecta has been around for a long time he’s well known for the cobalt SS days. But to act like he had a tuning platform is a joke all he’s doing is bench tuning that Ecu and that’s it
Trifecta has a deal with Procharger for C8 tunes to be shipped alongside Procharger units. This was on their Facebook. So not totally accurate to say they haven't released anything.

To your first paragraph - how do you know (and I mean have actual proof) they can only modify a few tables? Seems more like speculation on your part. I think it's more than just a bench tune. It doesn't make sense for a company that's been around as long as them to lie about having a legitimate tuning solution.

And as mentioned above, nothing stays locked. Any encryption is eventually broken. So to say that we may never seen a tuning solution for the C8 is shortsighted. I'm willing to bet the encryption on the Bosch ecu's for the Supra is (was) more secure than GM's encryption on the C8 - and several companies offer a full unlock of the Supra ECU already, only about a year and a half after the MKV started shipping with locked ecu's.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Will the dual intake require speed density tuning?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
SCT has unlocked the 2022 F150's. So I believe the mustang will be cracked also.

Fingers crossed.

SlowStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS/GT. 2000 Mustang GT
As far as I know the 22 Mustang is still locked down because I have been waiting for it for a year now :frown:
Sponsored