• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
After everything that we’ve seen so far, it seems that the s650 really is just a slightly better s550 (which i dont mind) but i guess we’ll see tomorrow

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
WOW!!! That rear overhang is very short!!! ❤❤❤❤❤

The rear quarter window was redesigned!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤

The rear window has likely been updated too so we might see the rear updated from the B-pillar to the rear bumper!!!

…I guess thePill’s guys are still working.

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang FEDD973F-0349-4894-93A3-8D878D1FDF4C

OP
OP
airjonny

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Im betting big on the rear resembling the Mach E. Not really a bad thing tbh because it’s my favorite view of the EV.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yea, very Camaro-like. It could just be the pixilation though.
It's definitely the silver paint and pixilation. Towards the beginning of the video you can see it still has the same S550 hips

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang Screenshot_20220913-180010

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I feel like this a S550’body with the s650 interior!
I think the front and rear will change enough that it'll be easily distinguishable. Don't forget about engine and suspension upgrades. There should at least be more changes there than the 2018 refresh

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It is difficult to tell if the rear quarter window was ultimately changed but it does appear as if the bottom of the glass tapers up and meets the top. That’s A LOT of work for just a little change but if the rear 1/4 window was altered they no doubt changed the rear glass too. Although, the rear window is most likely to carryover since it is far more expensive to change it. Changing the trunk lid is a far better approach that changing the glass. Maybe we see a taper and the bottom to match the rear quarter windows?

The greenhouse should remain unchanged so any changes in the glass design needs to be minimal and likely at the edge of the glass, like where the roof meets the rear window or where the window meets the trunk lid. Extremely difficult to change the glass where it meets the C pillar and probably expensive.

thePill was told and reported here that the rear was shorter and amount that was lost in the rear was nearly equal to what the cut off the front. Are we talking like 12 inches shorter overall??? The new bumper tech is pretty compact if so…

Next question? Is the trunk opening the same or larger and did they lose any trunk space?

S650 Mustang New Video Teaser: Jim Farley and Jimmy Fallon Check out the S650 Mustang 7451551D-93E9-4C5C-8256-08A619134125
Sponsored

Last edited: