• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NEW Gen 6 3.0L Whipple Supercharger for the 2024 Mustang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
The kings of supercharger innovation are at it again with their new Gen 6 3.0L for the new S650 Gen 7 2024 Mustang GT and Dark Horse. Here’s what we know so far:

All New, High-Efficiency 120mm Rotors,
All new Bearing Plate
Changes to Housing
Dual Air Boxes & Dual Filters mated to a single Throttle Body
Stage 1 Kit uses a 92mm Throttle Body
Stage 2 Kit uses a 112mm Throttle Body
50 State Legal Calibration
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!

#teamlethal
#lethalperformance
#whippletheworld

S650 Mustang NEW Gen 6 3.0L Whipple Supercharger for the 2024 Mustang! Gen 6 Whippl
Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
All this power and these cars are still very traction limited -- at least on a non prepped surface.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
wonder what the DH will make with a blower on stock internals reliably?
I'd guess a good 800 & probably still be reliable. Gen 1 Coyotes can do 600 reliably. Pretty sure the Gen 3's are good at 800 HP. Anyone who knows more, or better info are more than welcome to chime in!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'd guess a good 800 & probably still be reliable. Gen 1 Coyotes can do 600 reliably. Pretty sure the Gen 3's are good at 800 HP. Anyone who knows more, or better info are more than welcome to chime in!
I saw a show (I think it was Horsepower TV on Power Nation) where they bolted a ProCharger on a S550 GT and got over 900 rear wheel hp with no other upgrades other than ECM tuning. I think I also read the stock block will handle over 1000hp. Seems to me these engines are over built for their intended use.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
@Whipple

do you have any updates??
Here is a quote from my Whipple rep last week...

As for the 2024s, still finalizing the kit and calibration with Ford, but looking great so far. I expect these to be released late summer or early fall. Info and teasers will be out sooner, likely by August and full go by SEMA.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Forgive my ignorance, and please don't take this as an argument, I'm just being inquisitive.
I'm aware that you can crank out more than 1,000 HP out of a coyote with a blower, but not reliably, especially without forged rods and crank, probably studs also.

You mentioned 800 HP for a GEN 3, which should be applicable also to the GEN4. As I hear it, the dual throttles in the GEN4 would be replaced with a single when converting to forced induction, so in essence a blown GEN4 would be no different than a blown GEN3, albeit with forged internals.

On the other hand, the Predator puts out only 760 HP out of a 5.2L displacement in what can only be considered the reliable category, if not conservative. How is it then that one can expect 800 HP out a Coyote that has less displacement? Is it because Ford did not turn the dial all the way to 11 on the Predator?

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Really looking forward to the centrifugal blower options. Hopefully they aren't too far behind the PD blowers in development

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Forgive my ignorance, and please don't take this as an argument, I'm just being inquisitive.
I'm aware that you can crank out more than 1,000 HP out of a coyote with a blower, but not reliably, especially without forged rods and crank, probably studs also.

You mentioned 800 HP for a GEN 3, which should be applicable also to the GEN4. As I hear it, the dual throttles in the GEN4 would be replaced with a single when converting to forced induction, so in essence a blown GEN4 would be no different than a blown GEN3, albeit with forged internals.

On the other hand, the Predator puts out only 760 HP out of a 5.2L displacement in what can only be considered the reliable category, if not conservative. How is it then that one can expect 800 HP out a Coyote that has less displacement? Is it because Ford did not turn the dial all the way to 11 on the Predator?
Ford is always conservative with their stock tunes this would include the predator. I don't see an issue getting 800 HP on the Gen 3 reliably same with the Gen 4. Myself I think the dual throttle body looks great & I would want to try to keep that! I know quite a few guys that are running a Gen 1 Over 700 HP & come to the Ford nationals each year saying no problem with it holding up!

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
All these HP. numbers sound great . But besides cost of the unit {ANY CLUES TO HOW MUCH ????}
What are you gonna spend on { Axle Upgrade NASCAR QUALITY } , Rear end gears and drive shaft ? Also how much HP can these auto 10 speeds handle . Not trying to be a smartass, just curious to the unmentionables . We all want to go fast , be confident when some worm pulls up next to you @ a redlite, also at the Strip. nothing more embarrassing than being "towed back to the pits by a Golf Cart after something "scattered all over the track " Not to mention the oil cleanup . You want to crawl in a hole. But ,HEY, that's part of the GAME .Gotta live with it . I just want to be as prepared mechanically as possible and Affordable $$$$. junqdawg :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.