• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Ford said the rods were bending around 500 h.p. so they used the gt350 rods in the Dark Horse. Now they're going to throw 200 or more h.p. on the bendy rods?
Has anyone spotting bending rods with the Whipple Supercharger nowadays???
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I'm more curious about Oil Pump Gears since every boosted S550 seems to have them

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Rods and opgs are not an issue, you’ll crack a piston ringland 1st. Nbd.

opgs are just are just a whole scammy aftermarket up sale…. If you plan on holding the engine on the rev limiter or 2 step it.. then ok get a set… but for 99.9% it’s a waste.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m curious about adding this kit to a vert. With the removal of the front strut brace, I would be worried about chassis stiffening issues.

Other upgrades like clutch make sense.
I’m looking to mainly use as a DD, but would likely improve axles and drive shaft eventually for improve longevity.

What suspension upgrades would y'all recommend for a convertible?

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
I’m curious about adding this kit to a vert. With the removal of the front strut brace, I would be worried about chassis stiffening issues.

Other upgrades like clutch make sense.
I’m looking to mainly use as a DD, but would likely improve axles and drive shaft eventually for improve longevity.

What suspension upgrades would y'all recommend for a convertible?
Hello!

The removal of the STB should not be a concern.

The bracing under the car does disallow some suspension upgrades, but we have a package that does fit:

https://www.lethalperformance.com/bmr-suspension-2015-mustang-biscuits-and-gravy-package.html

The level 1 kit is required - level 2 will not fit.

This will greatly improve the rear end float feel and keep the car planted... wheels and tires still needed!

Let us know if we can assist.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Awesome. So how do we think having this kit in my GT as a DD would do? I really want it, but I also want reliability. Thoughts?

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Awesome. So how do we think having this kit in my GT as a DD would do? I really want it, but I also want reliability. Thoughts?
Ford Performance is releasing their Whipple kit iteration next month and I always find their releases to be a testimate to the reliability. They offer the 3/36k FP warranty if done by an ASE tech/Ford dealership, so they definitely believe the car will be good to go (or they'd offer nothing, at least I'd think!)

We have so many blown cars that have came through our shop - we have some OG ones that still run just as well as the day the blower went on. With proper maintenance (as of any vehicle) and care, I'd feel comfortable putting a blower on my DD (and I did for awhile!)
With ALL of that being said, you'll always want a backup plan. Do not boost or modify a vehicle without adequate "oh crap" funds. Being the unfortunate few that have encountered issues with the motor IS possible.

TL;DR it's a reliable form of boost, but it is still boost, so make sure you have a backup plan if needed

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Ford Performance is releasing their Whipple kit iteration next month and I always find their releases to be a testimate to the reliability. They offer the 3/36k FP warranty if done by an ASE tech/Ford dealership, so they definitely believe the car will be good to go (or they'd offer nothing, at least I'd think!)

We have so many blown cars that have came through our shop - we have some OG ones that still run just as well as the day the blower went on. With proper maintenance (as of any vehicle) and care, I'd feel comfortable putting a blower on my DD (and I did for awhile!)
With ALL of that being said, you'll always want a backup plan. Do not boost or modify a vehicle without adequate "oh crap" funds. Being the unfortunate few that have encountered issues with the motor IS possible.

TL;DR it's a reliable form of boost, but it is still boost, so make sure you have a backup plan if needed
Thank you, this is good information. I plan to go this route, but not rushing.

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Thank you for the response. Why should one choose y’all’s kit over the FP version?
The Whipple version is inherently cheaper than the FP version (once you add-on the Whipple warranty, the price difference is lessened). Either of the two would be a great choice. Our Lethal version will have more information released soon.
Sponsored