• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
For customers who want an even more sporty look, the Mustang Dark Horse Appearance Package includes specially bolstered RECARO® performance seats featuring exclusive Deep Indigo Blue bolsters trimmed with Bright Indigo Blue accent stitching, plus black Dinamica suede in the seat’s center for improved lateral grip. Deep Indigo Blue seatbelts and distinctive seat perforations with blue accents beneath the seating surface round out the blue theme.​
So DH Appearance package includes the Recaro seats? I was expecting to have to pay for both packages.
Sponsored

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
The stripe in this image seems to be different again to the others shown. It has the gloss as a stripe on the sides rather than the whole middle or outer edge. I think I actually prefer this version but assume it doesn't go over the top. It also looks more like the pictures I have seen from the initial release photos.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The stripe in this image seems to be different again to the others shown. It has the gloss as a stripe on the sides rather than the whole middle or outer edge. I think I actually prefer this version but assume it doesn't go over the top. It also looks more like the pictures I have seen from the initial release photos.
According to the Ford press release, there are 2 different vinyl options. The appearance package adds black roof and 3rd color to the hood stripe.

I still wish i knew if there was a black roof option on non-appearance packages, as the appearance package is only available for the blue hues and black. We saw a preproduction white DH with black roof, so I have hope.

The vinyl graphics accentuate the raised center of the hood and the low gloss Tarnished Dark and gloss black finish matches Dark Horse-specific parts on the vehicle. The Appearance Package gets a specialized hood vinyl graphic that builds on the base Dark Horse graphic but visually ties into the black-painted roof. In addition, a third vinyl accent color of low gloss black gives the Dark Horse an even more threatening look.

Last edited:

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
For customers who want an even more sporty look, the Mustang Dark Horse Appearance Package includes specially bolstered RECARO® performance seats featuring exclusive Deep Indigo Blue bolsters trimmed with Bright Indigo Blue accent stitching, plus black Dinamica suede in the seat’s center for improved lateral grip. Deep Indigo Blue seatbelts and distinctive seat perforations with blue accents beneath the seating surface round out the blue theme.​
So DH Appearance package includes the Recaro seats? I was expecting to have to pay for both packages.
My bet is that Appearance package will require selecting Recaro.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
According to the Ford press release, there are 2 different vinyl options. The appearance package adds black roof and 3rd color to the hood stripe.

I still wish i knew if there was a black roof option on non-appearance packages, as they are only available for the blue hues.
That's a lot of black, gray, and blue if you get the appearance package. So there's vinyl and a black painted roof too? Blue stitching and blue/orange metallic paint for the Blue Ember? I'm a fan of blue and curious about seeing Blue Ember in the sunlight, but man that's a lot to digest. It's either gonna look really good, or remind me of the yellow/orange/brown combo that was everywhere in the 70's. And we all know that aged well.

I'm curious if they'll detail Handling Package tomorrow. I'm interested to know if the wider 10.5 and 11 wheels on the HP are the same as the Mach 1, or if they're the split 5-spoke wheels in all the Ford media pics. What do the normal DH wheels look like? Still so many questions....

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
It is the vinyl

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Interesting that this car is still in "TT".

S650 Mustang New 2024 Mustang Dark Horse details: color-shifting Blue Ember paint, stripe options, interior look TT-DH

Second phase is "PP" (Pre-production prototype).
Final phase are the actual production versions that end up at dealships.

It seems we still have one more test & tweak iteration to make us foam at the mouth.

And there should be at least 15 other DHs out there to photograph, and remember DH is offered in nine colours.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I like the blue accents in the interior, but that fake carbon fiber looking stuff looks absolutely dreadful in pictures. I hope it's better in person because it looks like bargain basement cheap, hard plastic that doesn't belong in a near $60,000 car.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
... but that fake carbon fiber looking stuff looks absolutely dreadful in pictures. I hope it's better in person because it looks like bargain basement cheap, hard plastic that doesn't belong in a near $60,000 car.
That weave texture will be a dust/dirt/grime collector all over, and a bastard to keep clean.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I'm waiting for the price of the painted stripes before I hold my breath. On the GT500 they really demanded $10k for that...

OP
OP

69fstbak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 fast back
That weave texture will be a dust/dirt/grime collector all over, and a bastard to keep clean.
Damn this is so true, imagine trying to clean all the little grooves, gonna take forever

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Interesting that this car is still in "TT".

TT-DH.jpg

Second phase is "PP" (Pre-production prototype).
Final phase are the actual production versions that end up at dealships.

It seems we still have one more test & tweak iteration to make us foam at the mouth.

And there should be at least 15 other DHs out there to photograph, and remember DH is offered in nine colours.
Maybe they have pp cars rolling around, but are using a close to pp car for the pic just cause it is there

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Interesting that those two overhead shots of the white and red cars have different shark fin antennas for each.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Alls I want to know is if the Recaros on the new car are the same ones that are on the outgoing car (they certainly look like it), because if so, that's a pass from me.
Sponsored