• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Na

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, a lot of people are realizing they jumped too early. Buddy of mine bought two DH's, at $10k over each. OUCH.... LOL

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
I was the first in line at my dealer. When the order books opened they told me 15K ADM. I said no way. I called about 20 dealerships and found one with a 5K ADM so I ordered it. Late last year when they told people to remove the handling pack I got curious and started looking on autotrader. Found my exact spec! They wanted 5K ADM and I was able to negotiate down to 2.5K.
In 2020 I was looking at a new green GT350R. They wanted a 15K ADM. Before I left it was down to 10K. I didn't really want a GT350R, I know I know. I have been saving for years waiting for the right model for me, when the DH came out I jumped on it and agreed with myself to pay no more than 5K ADM. No regrets at all. Love the car, keeping it forever. I still know at least 3 people who haven't been able to get their exact spec, they are still waiting.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I was shopping across brands and I encountered all the fake dealership advertisements. As soon as they mentioned adjusted market value or this is a bid car, ie: an auction I politely disconnected. Same stuff with Camaro, Dodge, VW Type R , Nissan and so forth. The only brand I was shopping for that played no bait and switch was believe it or not BMW. I was considering an M Series. Prices are high enough without dealers price gouging.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Yes I paid a dealer premium and I don't regret it. By the time I received my car I had been trying to purchase one for over a year. I kept running into closed order books and by then I just wanted to get it over with. The dealer reduced the premium as I have been servicing 3 vehicles there for over 10 years. A good deal for them because I have also referred a few more to them that require more than normal service.
Besides that, I really doubt that I could have got the car I ordered off a lot. The combination of premium with racing red on a dark horse is something I don't think there is much of. This year that shade of red doesn't seem to be very popular. Black and blue seem to be the in color. I already got stuck with pacific green for over 25 years and for once I want to pick the color I want.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
I ordered mine in spring of 23 a loaded GT convertible. Paid one thousand dollars under sticker. There may be better deals out there but Iā€™m satisfied. Would be a lot more satisfied if the weather was better!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
All those guys are paid 10 and $20,000 over sticker for a dark horse itā€™s just another Mustang take it from me someone who has one on order and itā€™s going to be negotiating the hell out of it when it arrives at the dealer when I ordered it, I had a MSRP guarantee and price protection, but Iā€™m not paying MSRP anymore especially when thereā€™s a dealer near me who has had the same car that I ordered for over three months on the lot And is offering a discount on it unsolicited I never pay retail for a car even when I bought my TRX two years ago people were pay ten 20,000 over I paid $9000 off which basically is one years depreciation. Dark horse is just another mustang like a GT.
Do you want a medal or a special badge?

Honestly a pointless thread from somebody trying to prove how smart they are to anybody who might listen!

LMAO indeed :giggle:

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible

Honestly a pointless thread from somebody trying to prove how smart they are to anybody who might listen!

Completely agree. Enjoyment has no bounds. If your drive brings you happiness, then it is priceless.

sarahestelle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT

Yeah, I donā€™t understand some of the hatefulness going on Around here. Itā€™s unnecessary and tiresome. Go aheadā€¦come for me. I donā€™t care. Just my opinion.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
If someone can afford to spend their money on ADM to get the vehicle they want, when they want it, and they choose to do it, so be it. Who am I or anyone else to say they shouldn't? It's their money, their choice.

Personally, I would worry more about not being able to form complete, coherent sentences and not being able to use correct punctuation, grammar, and capitalization instead of posting a diatribe where I "lmao" about why I think other people shouldn't spend their own money how they see fit.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

Aufenscuht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0I
All those guys are paid 10 and $20,000 over sticker for a dark horse itā€™s just another Mustang take it from me someone who has one on order and itā€™s going to be negotiating the hell out of it when it arrives at the dealer when I ordered it, I had a MSRP guarantee and price protection, but Iā€™m not paying MSRP anymore especially when thereā€™s a dealer near me who has had the same car that I ordered for over three months on the lot And is offering a discount on it unsolicited I never pay retail for a car even when I bought my TRX two years ago people were pay ten 20,000 over I paid $9000 off which basically is one years depreciation. Dark horse is just another mustang like a GT.
Hookededed on foniks worked fer meh.

I do not understand the point you are making with your run on paragraph. People will pay what they will pay. To get a regular GT to the level of a dark horse will take much less money over what is asked for. So, what is the point? To claim you have a DH? I may be wrong, but monitoring the car market for decades, cars like that will be overshadowed by the next best package. If a GT350/500 returns, this package will be lost.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
A fool and his money are quickly parted...
For some unexplained reason when I first read this my mind changed "parted" to departed. I know, I know.