• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mystery Steering Wheel Button

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
has anyone else noticed that one mystery button on the left button set on the steering wheel (underneath cruise control on/off and to the left of "set -")?
S650 Mustang Mystery Steering Wheel Button 1687626965786

i have never seen this icon before in any Ford, not even a 2023 F-350 Platinum. only thing i can kinda think of is maybe it's the speed sign recognition tolerance shortcut? it's on both manual and automatic ones, but i found one picture by Ford where the button is blank so i'm 100% lost.
S650 Mustang Mystery Steering Wheel Button 1687627165250

edit: i tried to get ChatGPT to help, but it looked up this thread and gave up
S650 Mustang Mystery Steering Wheel Button 1687627579858
Sponsored

Last edited:

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I wasn't sure if the mustang had adaptive cruise. Glad to hear it does. Still not sure that button is for that. It isn't the same as the manual posted above by @Shadetree43

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't sure if the mustang had adaptive cruise. Glad to hear it does. Still not sure that button is for that. It isn't the same as the manual posted above by @Shadetree43
yep, manuals have adaptive cruise with lane keeping. automatics have adaptive cruise with stop and go and lane centering.

i have no idea what the button is for, nearby it is already the button for on/off, follow distance, set speed + and -, lane keeping/centering, and cancel/resume

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
Been available since at least 2015. Salesman talked me out of it when I ordered my 2016 GT/CS and regret it. My F150 and my wife's car have it and I really like it.

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem VB Pony Pkg 201A, 13 F150 RR Lariat
OP, Do you have "Adaptive" Cruise Control ?

You can change from adaptive cruise control to normal cruise control through the information display. See General Information. In the manual.
S650 Mustang Mystery Steering Wheel Button Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 4.01.17 PM
The cruise control indicator light replaces the adaptive cruise control indicator light if you select normal cruise control.The gap setting does not display, and the system does not respond to lead vehicles. Automatic braking remains active to maintain set speed.

This discussion likely should be moved to M6G.
But in the mean time, I recently traded my 22 EB Prem for a 21 EB Prem with 201A. The 22 did not have "Adaptive" Cruise Control, my 21 EB Prem w/201A does. Both my 22 & 21 had/has Lane "Departure" warning but neither Lane "keeping".

There is a difference.

I do not think Lane "centering" is available on a S550 EB or EB Prem.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
OP, Do you have "Adaptive" Cruise Control ?

You can change from adaptive cruise control to normal cruise control through the information display. See General Information. In the manual.
S650 Mustang Mystery Steering Wheel Button Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 4.01.17 PM
The cruise control indicator light replaces the adaptive cruise control indicator light if you select normal cruise control.The gap setting does not display, and the system does not respond to lead vehicles. Automatic braking remains active to maintain set speed.

This discussion likely should be moved to M6G.
But in the mean time, I recently traded my 22 EB Prem for a 21 EB Prem with 201A. The 22 did not have "Adaptive" Cruise Control, my 21 EB Prem w/201A does. Both my 22 & 21 had/has Lane "Departure" warning but neither Lane "keeping".

There is a difference.

I do not think Lane "centering" is available on a S550 EB or EB Prem.
i'm not quite sure what you are talking about, but let me clarify some stuff
1. this original thread is talking about the button on the bottom-left of the left steering wheel button cluster on the 2024+ Mustangs, not the 2015-23's
2. yes, i do have adaptive cruise and lane keeping, and i do know how to change it between normal and adaptive
3. this topic should stay here, see "1" for the reason
4. there is lane departure warning, lane keeping, and lane centering. they are when the vehicle alerts you that you're leaving your lane, when the vehicle nudges you back into your lane, and when the vehicle helps you stay centered in your lane respectively.
5. i made no claim that the S550s had lane centering

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem VB Pony Pkg 201A, 13 F150 RR Lariat
Please accept my apology.
I saw your “vehicle” was a 22. Thought that is what you were asking about.
Someone may take delivery soon and provide a correct answer.
I’m done.

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Please accept my apology.
I saw your “vehicle” was a 22. Thought that is what you were asking about.
Someone may take delivery soon and provide a correct answer.
I’m done.
it's no worries, man!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i'm not quite sure what you are talking about, but let me clarify some stuff
1. this original thread is talking about the button on the bottom-left of the left steering wheel button cluster on the 2024+ Mustangs, not the 2015-23's
2. yes, i do have adaptive cruise and lane keeping, and i do know how to change it between normal and adaptive
3. this topic should stay here, see "1" for the reason
4. there is lane departure warning, lane keeping, and lane centering. they are when the vehicle alerts you that you're leaving your lane, when the vehicle nudges you back into your lane, and when the vehicle helps you stay centered in your lane respectively.
5. i made no claim that the S550s had lane centering
I wish the manuals had lane centering, I don't see why it's locked to auto only. Would have been cool!

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
I wish the manuals had lane centering, I don't see why it's locked to auto only. Would have been cool!
i 100% agree, manuals got the very short end of the stick on tech, and it makes me wonder if Ford is trying to encourage manual guys to go to auto for the better tech so they can say "nobody is buying manuals anymore, let's discontinue them"

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
i 100% agree, manuals got the very short end of the stick on tech, and it makes me wonder if Ford is trying to encourage manual guys to go to auto for the better tech so they can say "nobody is buying manuals anymore, let's discontinue them"
Exactly! Like I understand no stop go obviously but why are steering assists different?
Sponsored