• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Panel Alignment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
I hope the panel gaps are better than the S550. We are only seeing pre-productions cars so far, so I will not cast judgement yet.

I am picky, three out of five of my last cars were all tweaked by the dealer to get the gaps where I wanted them. One I fixed the hood myself, and only one needed nothing...

These all ranged from Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Volkswagen and Audi.
Sponsored

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I hope the panel gaps are better than the S550. We are only seeing pre-productions cars so far, so I will not cast judgement yet.

I am picky, three out of five of my last cars were all tweaked by the dealer to get the gaps where I wanted them. One I fixed the hood myself, and only one needed nothing...

These all ranged from Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Volkswagen and Audi.
It could be that I am not seeing this on Audi, Mercedes and Volkswagen, because I don't care about those cars. It is a possibility why I only see this on Challengers, Chargers, Camaro's and Mustangs, cause these are my dream cars.

But when I google random pictures, I can see the gaps directly on the American models and not so quick on the German models.

let's hope the S650 has less panel issues.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
First of all. I agree that this is a preproduction car.
But you also have to agree that the issues I am adressing, are also on the previous models. So the chance that these issues will be gone are very low. Because like you said, it's a preproduction car, but it has the same issues as the previous models.

Second of all. Everyone has their own opinions and view on this issue. I have never said that everyone should be the same as me or think the same as me. I also find it strange that you say that no one has to agree with me. Where did I suggest that everyone should agree with me? Please quote me on that.

Third of all. I opened this thread up for people who also find it annoying and hoping that Ford will fix this issue. Even though, the chance is very low that the panels would be good on the S650, I still hope that the panels on the S650 will be good.

If you are okay with these panel gaps and misalignments, it's fine by me.
Please think before you react. I never said that you said people had to agree with you. I am trying to settle things down and you keep stirring them up. You obviously need the last word, so you can have it.

Please re-read what I wrote. It was meant to bring us all together.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Might I suggest that @S650 GT look into a restomod American car. Most of the restomod shops here in the states are very finicky about panel gaps, and you are likely to get what you want in a nice classic American vehicle with modern amenities.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Please think before you react. I never said that you said people had to agree with you. I am trying to settle things down and you keep stirring them up. You obviously need the last word, so you can have it.

Please re-read what I wrote. It was meant to bring us all together.
I quote.

" not everyone has to agree with you''.

Why would you say such thing if you did not mean to suggest that I want people agreeing with me?

Stop trying to be a psychologist if you are not one. Stop beeing personal. Stop beeing offtopic.

Everything that I say has to do with the Mustang.

You are the one who has issues about me as a person and is commenting about me as a person not the other way around.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
It could be that I am not seeing this on Audi, Mercedes and Volkswagen, because I don't care about those cars. It is a possibility why I only see this on Challengers, Chargers, Camaro's and Mustangs, cause these are my dream cars.

But when I google random pictures, I can see the gaps directly on the American models and not so quick on the German models.

Honestly, it is pretty random. I have had some spot on (like a 2011 GT I had), and some that needed lots of tweaking. Believe it or not, my worst car was the Audi. EVERY panel was off...on a new car with 8 miles. Hoping my S650 is good, if not I will fix what I can if it's simple (as some gaps are easy to do yourself). If not, the dealer will be taking care of it before I sign off on delivery...

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Honestly, it is pretty random. I have had some spot on (like a 2011 GT I had), and some that needed lots of tweaking. Believe it or not, my worst car was the Audi. EVERY panel was off...on a new car with 8 miles. Hoping my S650 is good, if not I will fix what I can if it's simple (as some gaps are easy to do yourself). If not, the dealer will be taking care of it before I sign off on delivery...
I don't know if there is a difference in German US cars and German European cars.
At this moment I live in the Caribbean temporary and what I hear is that the German cars made for US, are built somewhere on the American continent and are not that good compared to the European German cars.

I haven't compared them, but this is what many people say around here. Maybe someone could confirm this?

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
I don't know if there is a difference in German US cars and German European cars.
At this moment I live in the Caribbean temporary and what I hear is that the German cars made for US, are built somewhere on the American continent and are not that good compared to the European German cars.

I haven't compared them, but this is what many people say around here. Maybe someone could confirm this?
Depends on the car.

My Audi was made in Germany...
My Volkswagen, in Mexico, and it had great panel gaps.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE

You compare cars that are 2X, 3X, 4X as expensive, and complain about panel gaps you've never seen in person? Good Christ.

What do you expect from a car that costs a fraction of Audi, Mercedes and Volkswagen??

You have to set your expectations properly, or you will continue to be disappointed.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE

Confirm what?

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
You compare cars that are 2X, 3X, 4X as expensive, and complain about panel gaps you've never seen in person? Good Christ.

What do you expect from a car that costs a fraction of Audi, Mercedes and Volkswagen??

You have to set your expectations properly, or you will continue to be disappointed.
My VW Polo costed me 17.000 USD brand new.
A Mustang GT is around 50.000 brand new.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
I quote.

" not everyone has to agree with you''.

Why would you say such thing if you did not mean to suggest that I want people agreeing with me?

Stop trying to be a psychologist if you are not one. Stop beeing personal. Stop beeing offtopic.

Everything that I say has to do with the Mustang.

You are the one who has issues about me as a person and is commenting about me as a person not the other way around.
" not everyone has to agree with you''. - That is me stating that you will get other viewpoints. At no point did I say you wrote that you said that. And that was your argument.

Based on your other posts in this forum, you really do not know how to get along with others.

AGAIN, my entire post was to bring us all together. You constantly go on the attack with me and others.

And this comment of yours make no sense: "Stop trying to be a psychologist if you are not one. Stop beeing personal. Stop beeing offtopic" All you do is attack people.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
My VW Polo costed me 17.000 USD brand new.
A Mustang GT is around 50.000 brand new.
Stop being deliberately obtuse. An E-Class coupe starts at $70K. An M3 starts at $75K. Volkswagen doesn't make a comparable car.

Fords are cheap cars. If you don't understand that, you're failing from the start.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Stop being deliberately obtuse. An E-Class coupe starts at $70K. An M3 starts at $75K. Volkswagen doesn't make a comparable car.

Fords are cheap cars. If you don't understand that, you're failing from the start.
Why are you comparing an M3 with a Mustang? Just to make a point that M3 is more expensive?
BMW also has cheaper models. Way cheaper than an M3.
Ford also has a Ford GT. That's more expensive than an M3. So what's the point of this comparison? Zero.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Depends on the car.

My Audi was made in Germany...
My Volkswagen, in Mexico, and it had great panel gaps.
Yeah, than it's probably because my focus is more on the cars I like (lol).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.