• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Panel Alignment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
This is exactly what I mean. You don't care about it that much.

I can't live with the idea buying a brand new car that looks like it was totalled and fixed up.
I have had (4) S550 models. The worst was my 2015 LE and the dealer and I went over the car and inspected it. I noted the panel alignment issues and they had there body shop take care of it before I picked it and it was perfect.
Sponsored

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
I am trying to figure out why you posted this message in the first place. You didn't ask a question. What's the motivation here? FYI, I am S550 owner. Mine is a 2020 GT (COVID mustang šŸ˜·) with no alignment issues. I agree with the one poster who said you might be happier with a high end euro car. Check out those cars (and their forums).

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
They should ditch the unnecessary nonsense features and concentrate on building quality.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I am trying to figure out why you posted this message in the first place. You didn't ask a question. What's the motivation here? FYI, I am S550 owner. Mine is a 2020 GT (COVID mustang šŸ˜·) with no alignment issues. I agree with the one poster who said you might be happier with a high end euro car. Check out those cars (and their forums).
Let me help you figure out why I opened this thread, cause like you said, you have some difficulties understanding.

As I already said. There are many Mustangs with panel alignment problems.

Many Mustang owners have these problems. Some of them fix it by going back to the dealer and many of them take these flaws for granted.

You also have some people who don't have these problems (or they just don't see it or don't want to see it). These people (You), take their own car as an example for all cars and deny the fact that it's a problem because their car does not have it.

Last but not least. You said I did not ask any question by opening this thread. Let me help you with this as well.

You don't have to ask questions by opening threads. People share their mind, information, experience and all other stuff.

Hope I helped you out ;)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
So someone is unhappy that you wrote a post about a valid concern that has precedence thinking you might inspire dialogue about it. Thatā€™s quite a worthwhile post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Since you have brought up panel misalignment in the past, and you haven't gotten over it, maybe it is time to move on. This car is not for you. Find another car.
Your logic does not make sense at all.
Let me use your own logic against you.

"Since you have issues with other people's opinions on this forum, maybe this forum is not for you.

Find another forum".

nickycohen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual, Land Rover Defender D300
I really wanted to configurate a Mustang. But the panel alignment issues on the Mustang are a big mis and I can't live with the idea of configurating a brand new Mustang and after delivery I will see miss alignment like this one on the picture.

From almost all the Mustang S650, they had issues with the hood or trunk.

This is for me a BIG NO GO to buy the car without inspecting it.

Unfortunately I have to wait a longer period to buy a S650 GT with Premium spec and 401A equipment.

Only buying this car when it's a dealer allocation and after inspecting the panels.

I see people have zero issues with alignment issues like these. But I compare this alignment to a totalled car that was tried to fix it back up.

Shame on Ford for selling brand new cars like they were totalled.

Screenshot_20230409_121137_YouTube.jpg
I bought a new Mustang when they first arrived here in 2015 and couldn't believe how badly the car was assembled. The gap on one side of the hood was about half an inch wider than on the other. The dealer told me he'd never seen this before until I pointed out to him that the three cars in his showroom had the same problem!! You'd think that there would be some form of quality control that should have picked this up. Despite three attempts, they weren't able to fully rectify the issue. My current (2019) GT appears to be better made but if I but the 2024 model, as I'm intending to, I'm going to refuse to take delivery of (or pay for) the car until I inspect every inch of it.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I bought a new Mustang when they first arrived here in 2015 and couldn't believe how badly the car was assembled. The gap on one side of the hood was about half an inch wider than on the other. The dealer told me he'd never seen this before until I pointed out to him that the three cars in his showroom had the same problem!! You'd think that there would be some form of quality control that should have picked this up. Despite three attempts, they weren't able to fully rectify the issue. My current (2019) GT appears to be better made but if I but the 2024 model, as I'm intending to, I'm going to refuse to take delivery of (or pay for) the car until I inspect every inch of it.
Exactly my thoughts. Many people don't see the panel gaps.

I'm way too allergic to those kind of flaws, so I see all of them.

On the Mustang it's almost always the trunk and the hood.

Never accept a brand new car like that. You have the right to let them have it fixed. But it should be fixed in the factory.

Even the show cars of the S650 have the same misaligned hood and trunk problems.

I guess quality control is not that good at Ford cause they want to sell as much as possible and don't have too much of delays on the line. The Mustang sells non-stop and is one of the best or the best sold sports car in the world.

But still. These panel gaps are way too bad.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Panel alignment is nothing new. If you take a look at any Tesla related forum or subreddit, you'll see they probably have the worse panel alignment of all manufacturers.

Ultimately, the panels might not be perfectly aligned, but its going to be a personal judgement call. Some people don't even notice these types of things, and others will break out a ruler and check gaps.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Panel alignment is nothing new. If you take a look at any Tesla related forum or subreddit, you'll see they probably have the worse panel alignment of all manufacturers.

Ultimately, the panels might not be perfectly aligned, but its going to be a personal judgement call. Some people don't even notice these types of things, and others will break out a ruler and check gaps.
Stuff I see with the naked eye while I'm not searching for gaps are the ones that bother me.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Here is another angle which really hurts my eye.

The first Belgian Mustang S650 GT.

Look at the trunkpanel around the rear lights. This picture is smaller than the real life size of this flaw. Imagine how big of this misalignment would look in real life.

With things like this, I would definitely take it to the garage to have it fixed. Because everytime I look at the rear, my eyes go directly to that part.

But on this, I really wonder how this happens.
- Is the trunk good but not well fitted?
- Is it a trunk production error?
- Is it a production error of the panel right from the trunk
- Is the panel right from the trunk not well placed?

S650 Mustang Mustang Panel Alignment Problems Screenshot_20230420_110148_Chrome

Last edited:

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
Can we all just wait and see how the gaps look coming off the assembly and being sold to customers? Commenting on and sharing pics of pre-production cars is not helping anyone. After all, the pre-production cars are made for testing and to see what needs to be buttoned up.

To S650 GT, we get what you are saying. And I like your passion! No one is trying to change your view and thoughts. That said, not everyone has to agree with you. When you put out your opinion and thoughts, you are opening yourself to other opinions. Let us all just accepts each others instead of bashing each other. We all like the 2024 Mustang and want it to succeed.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Can we all just wait and see how the gaps look coming off the assembly and being sold to customers? Commenting on and sharing pics of pre-production cars is not helping anyone. After all, the pre-production cars are made for testing and to see what needs to be buttoned up.

To S650 GT, we get what you are saying. And I like your passion! No one is trying to change your view and thoughts. That said, not everyone has to agree with you. When you put out your opinion and thoughts, you are opening yourself to other opinions. Let us all just accepts each others instead of bashing each other. We all like the 2024 Mustang and want it to succeed.
First of all. I agree that this is a preproduction car.
But you also have to agree that the issues I am adressing, are also on the previous models. So the chance that these issues will be gone are very low. Because like you said, it's a preproduction car, but it has the same issues as the previous models.

Second of all. Everyone has their own opinions and view on this issue. I have never said that everyone should be the same as me or think the same as me. I also find it strange that you say that no one has to agree with me. Where did I suggest that everyone should agree with me? Please quote me on that.

Third of all. I opened this thread up for people who also find it annoying and hoping that Ford will fix this issue. Even though, the chance is very low that the panels would be good on the S650, I still hope that the panels on the S650 will be good.

If you are okay with these panel gaps and misalignments, it's fine by me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.