• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Panel Alignment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Stop being deliberately obtuse. An E-Class coupe starts at $70K. An M3 starts at $75K. Volkswagen doesn't make a comparable car.

Fords are cheap cars. If you don't understand that, you're failing from the start.
Why can't you just accept that panel alignment is a known issue...

German cars, produced in Germany hardly ever have these panel alignment issues. As far as I can tell American build quality is in general not top notch. Some more expensive brands may have better QC but on average American brands always had these issues. Best and recent example Tesla. What they sold from their California factory is/was a bad joke. Only Tesla fanboys could accept such misalignments and lack of overall build quality. I haven't heard from comparable results regarding their factory in Asia or Europe...
That doesn't mean that American cars are bad but it means that the managements priority isn't QC and that they see these resources spend elsewhere better.

Toyota is selling cheap cars and their built quality is superior compared to the average Ford… Quality control has hardly anything to do with how expensive the car is rather than how much effort is put into building it. The Mustang is a great car, it looks good but one shouldn’t justify lacking quality that can be had with a little bit more refinement.
Sponsored

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Why can't you just accept that panel alignment is a known issue...
Check yourself son.

I never said it wasn't a "known issue". Read for comprehension.

I wrote that Fords are cheap cars, and such issues are to be expected. And if you DON'T have such expectations, you're a moron who can't do math.

Is that understandable for you now?

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Why are you comparing an M3 with a Mustang? Just to make a point that M3 is more expensive?
BMW also has cheaper models. Way cheaper than an M3.
Ford also has a Ford GT. That's more expensive than an M3. So what's the point of this comparison? Zero.
Son, you HAVE to compare similar cars, in similar segments.

ALL of BMW's cars, in comparison to the same market-category car from Ford, are much, much more expensive.

You're being deliberately obtuse. Please stop that.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Check yourself son.
I never said it wasn't a "known issue". Read for comprehension.
Is that understandable for you now?
You're being deliberately obtuse. Please stop that
Boomering intesifies, is this how you talk to people IRL?

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer

ALL of BMW's cars, in comparison to the same market-category car from Ford, are much, much more expensive.

You're being deliberately obtuse. Please stop that.
Even though you are talking with zero respect, using the word "son" as if you are my superior (read. dad), your logic is still off and I will react to you as if I did not read your unrespectful comment and filter only your ontopic argument.

Toyota, Kia Hyundai and many other cheaper brands have less panel issues than the Mustang.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Even though you are talking with zero respect, using the word "son" as if you are my superior (read. dad), your logic is still off and I will react to you as if I did not read your unrespectful comment and filter only your ontopic argument.

Toyota, Kia Hyundai and many other cheaper brands have less panel issues than the Mustang.
Show me the direct competitor to the Mustang from Kia, or Hyundai. We're talking 2-door sports coupes like; The BMW 4 Series coupes. The BMW 2 Series Coupes. The Camaro. The Mercedes E-class. Nissan Z. Toyota Supra.

You have to understand the concepts of what you get, versus what you spend. And how big companies like Ford, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes, Nissan and Toyota decide where they spend their engineering/development and production/facilities money, and how much they charge for their products.

Ford put the Mustang money into performance (content), while keeping the price low in comparison to their direct competitors. They skimp on things like panel gaps and interior material quality.

There is no free lunch. If you want your Mustang to be affordable, then you're going to have to accept bad panel gaps and such.

Content, quality and price. Pick two of the three, because you can't have all three.

If what you want is a sports coupe with a better interior materials and panel gaps than a Mustang, then spend thousands more dollars to get it from BMW, Toyota, etc.

A Mustang GT Premium starts at $44,740.00
A Supra Premium starts at $56,150.00
A BMW M240i Coupe starts at $48,900.00
A BMW M440i Coupe starts at $60,665.00
An E-Class Coupe starts at $69,750.00

You might want to try a Nissan Z. It starts at $42,085.00 Maybe it has the better panel gaps, at a low price.

Lastly; there is no huge issue with Mustang panel gaps. It happens here and there, but it's nothing major. I've owned 4 Mustangs and never had any issues.

How many Mustangs have you owned with panel gap issues?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Show me the direct competitor to the Mustang from Kia, or Hyundai. We're talking 2-door sports coupes like; The BMW 4 Series coupes. The BMW 2 Series Coupes. The Camaro. The Mercedes E-class. Nissan Z. Toyota Supra.

You have to understand the concepts of what you get, versus what you spend. And how big companies like Ford, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes, Nissan and Toyota decide where they spend their engineering/development and production/facilities money, and how much they charge for their products.

Ford put the Mustang money into performance (content), while keeping the price low in comparison to their direct competitors. They skimp on things like panel gaps and interior material quality.

There is no free lunch. If you want your Mustang to be affordable, then you're going to have to accept bad panel gaps and such.

Content, quality and price. Pick two of the three, because you can't have all three.

If what you want is a sports coupe with a better interior materials and panel gaps than a Mustang, then spend thousands more dollars to get it from BMW, Toyota, etc. Until you do, stop complaining because you have incorrect expectations.

A Mustang GT Premium starts at $44,740.00
A Supra Premium starts at $56,150.00
A BMW M240i Coupe starts at $48,900.00
A BMW M440i Coupe starts at $60,665.00
An E-Class Coupe starts at $69,750.00

You might want to try a Nissan Z. It starts at $42,085.00 Maybe it has the better panel gaps you're so worried about.
I already told you many times that even cheaper cars have better panel alignments and you are still sticking with Mustang competitor cars.

What factors are you comparing the cars with? Based on what?
Price? model? size? Horse power? Engine size? Quarter mile time?

I think this is the reason why you don't understand this subject.

You are comparing cars based on wrong information.

If you want to compare different brands on panel issues, you have to compare the different brands based on panel issues.

Instead of comparing cars based on panel issues, you are comparing cars based on missing a spare tire or having a different color. 😂

Again. And for the last time.

Toyota and many other cheaper brands have their panel adjustment on point. So there is no price excuse here. It's just the quality control on the Mustang is not that good and we have to accept this fact and hope that Ford does it better in the future.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I already told you many times that even cheaper cars have better panel alignments and you are still sticking with Mustang competitor cars.

What factors are you competing the cars with? Based on what?
Price? model? size? Horse power? Engine size? Quarter mile time?

I think this is the reason why you don't understand this subject.

You are comparing cars based on wrong information.

If you want to compare different brands on panel issues, you have to compare the different brands based on panel issues.

Instead of comparing cars based on panel issues, you are comparing cars based on missing a spare tire or having a different color. 😂

Again. And for the last time.

Toyota and many other cheaper brands have their panel adjustment on point. So there is no price excuse here. It's just the quality control on the Mustang is not that good and we have to accept this fact and hope that Ford does it better in the future.
You're not able to grasp this, clearly. I just explained in detail what you have to compare and why, but you're not able to understand it.

For instance, Toyota is NOT a cheaper brand. I don't know what part you don't understand about the direct-competitor TOYOTA Supra costing $11,470.00 more than a Mustang.

I can't make it any clearer than that.

It's like you think a Ford is a premium car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
You're not able to grasp this, clearly. I just explained in detail what you have to compare and why, but you're not able to understand it.

For instance, Toyota is NOT a cheaper brand. I don't know what part you don't understand about the direct-competitor TOYOTA Supra costing $11,470.00 more than a Mustang.

I already explained you in detail how to compare panel problems. But because you don't want to accept it that way, you keep on comparing cars with wrong information.

It's clear that you don't want to be honest.

Good luck.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
I already explained you in detail how to compare panel problems. But because you don't want to accept it that way, you keep on comparing cars with wrong information.

It's clear that you don't want to be honest.

Good luck.
What part about the Supra costing $11,470.00 more than the Mustang is confusing to you? What part don't you understand?

Ford's are cheap cars. Sometimes they have panel gap issues. If you don't like that, don't buy one. I don't want to hear you crying about it.

Buy some other car, a Mustang isn't for you.

LOL!!! DIRECT COMPETITORS;

Last edited:
OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I was scrolling through YouTube and found a video that was uploaded 8 hours ago about tips on buying a Mustang.

In minute 4:48 until 5:03

He said as followed;

"Before buying a Mustang, check the panels, because in America they have different standards than us, they don't care much about panels that rub against each other or panels with gaps, so if you don't like that, check for the panels".

I guess my smartphone is spying on me, by giving me this video as a recommendation 😂😂

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Seems like you two are arguing two different subjects. One is arguing about standards and quality, the other is arguing about value and priorities.

At the end of the day, the consumer makes the decision. Dont like the panel gaps? Don't buy it.
Your money talks for you.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

You don't have compare to a direct competitor to a Ford Mustang to see that a cheaper costing Kia or Hyundai has better panel alignment regardless of 2 doors or 4. That's a ridiculous comment to make....son
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.