• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Panel Alignment Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Yes OP you are 100% correct. There are plenty of Mustangs whose panel gaps are spot on so it’s not bad tooling or poor tolerances. It’s poor assembly line practises and shitty QC. Ford have been banging on about quality being job no. 1 for at least twenty years to my knowledge yet here we are in 2023 with the same luck of the draw fit and finish. It can’t even be blamed on Ford not being a premium brand, it’s purely down to the lack of doing a consistently good job on the assembly line. Farley needs to spend less time on race tracks and more time on the factory floor.
In my country a new Mustang GT starts from 120k USD
People also look at this car as it is a super special car. It is, in a specific way, cause it's a rare vehicle in my country. People easily use the word Mustang, Porsche, Ferrari or AMG's in one sentence, cause they see these cars as a top end vehicle.

The Mustang absolutely looks great. But when looking at it twice, you will see these panel gaps.
Ford Focus and Ford Fiestas have better panels. So it must be something going on with the Mustang designers or factory.

One day I asked a guy if he ever had an accident and he told me NO. At first I didn't believe it.
But after that incident I kept on looking at Mustangs and saw that it is a common thing on brand new cars.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
No answer on my question. Just like I thought. See you in a few months then.

Until then, I keep posting panel gaps on the S650.
He did answer your question. He said we will see in a few months. What part of that did you not understand? You want an answer now for an issue we have to wait a couple months for to see if it exist......

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Now it's totally clear that you are not honest and act like you are blind to an easy question.

Good luck with acting blind and avoiding a simple question.
He didn't avoid your question. once again...You are asking for an answer now on what his excuse will be for a car that isn't out in customers hands with the issue you just keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on about

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
If my car comes in with panel gap issues, I'll do what I did when my 2015 LE came in....have them fix them before I accept the car or I won't take it. No biggie

Status
Not open for further replies.