• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
A Buick grille and Audi headlights? Hmm....

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
That new Volvo Polestar concept is now production reality and it’s gorgeous. Smaller and even better looking than the mustang. Just a shame it’s hybrid powered with a 4 cylinder motor. The interior is lovely too!
Since Volvo have a relationship with GM for marine engine parts, I would love to see one with a Corvette LS in it :)

The Saleen looks hideous to my eyes. The stock one is far nicer

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Better looking than the Mustang?

To me it is hideous at best. That grill is awful.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I don't like SUVs, but if I had to drive one, I guess I'd rather have one like that than the big square boxy ones that are all over the roads these days. At least it's trying to look sporty.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
WTF, [Sarcasm] Why did Volvo steal the upcoming-stillnotrevealed-nextgen-focus2019 Headlights? [/Sarcasm]. Uhmm... everyday I'm getting more and more disappointed from Ford.

So, going back on topic. Some People is saying that this Hybrid Mustang will be basically a GT with a Mild Hybrid system, however I don't see how a Mild Hybid would create such a fuss. IMHO it will be an option for the GT and it will have better launch/acceleration with a huge weight penalty (that's when I think that a Mild hybrid rumor may be true)
S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 Focus

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Last edited:

extrachrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red w/black OTT, conv. pkg.
Fukushima is 1960's nuclear technology. The newest reactor designs are not only far safer, but much more efficient. They also produce much less waste. Even further on from that, which we should be throwing billions into if it weren't for the natural gas/coal lobbies is breeder reactors, which create about as much waste over their lifetime as to fit into an oil drum. That's it.

"I want my V8" is entirely achievable if we were to overhaul our base power production.
Fukushima was also hit by a once-in-a-thousand-years event, a wall of water larger than anyone had ever expected, that spilled over a TEN METER HIGH seawall.

extrachrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red w/black OTT, conv. pkg.
True but, as I understand it, the V6 was a late addition to the Mustang line-up. It was never intended to go into S550 but it was bought in to appease the fleet market.

Ironically, the majority of fleet/rental S550s I've seen have been Ecoboosts......and some of those have even been Premium ones.
It was an Ecoboost Premium rental that I got on a lark while my WRX was in the body shop that made me go "Woah, this is NICE!" I bought a GT PP that same weekend. Then the stars aligned this spring and I traded up to a GT350.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
"Still a couple of years away".....

The question still remains if they'd base it in the current S550, or a heavily revised/all new S650/CD6.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I honestly didn't read 43 pages and I wasn't going to try to catch up on everything that has been posted. Has the eBooster system been discussed? Borg Warner upgraded the turbo and made it basically an electric hybrid sequential turbo system.

The car makes 410 horsepower and 450 pound feet of torque. Yet, still exceeds the stock torque curve at all engine speeds. Like the V8, the power feels linear and delivery is smooth. We’ll we’ve taken a 2.3L and made it have the same power as the V8 not only the same power really we’ve made it have 40% more torque and 15% more top end power while maintaining that 30% better fuel economy of the 4-cylinder.

They are comparing these to 15-17 V8 numbers because this story predates the 2018 V8 update.

http://www.motorweek.org/features/over_the_edge/turbo-lag
Sponsored