• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT
I've been traveling in your fair state for the last 3 weeks, and I've seen a million S550s. Like everywhere, the vast majority aren't GTs. Hate to say it but the market always will be with the more attainable version of anything. Same with guns, lots of DPMS AR-15s out there, very few Noveske.

My point is that a company is going to put out what sells, not what the real enthusiasts want. So many tv shows have been cancelled over the years despite mass critical and fan acclaim. Why? Not enough market among the lemmings.

Anyway, long live the V8.
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
I've been traveling in your fair state for the last 3 weeks, and I've seen a million S550s. Like everywhere, the vast majority aren't GTs. Hate to say it but the market always will be with the more attainable version of anything. Same with guns, lots of DPMS AR-15s out there, very few Noveske.

My point is that a company is going to put out what sells, not what the real enthusiasts want. So many tv shows have been cancelled over the years despite mass critical and fan acclaim. Why? Not even market among the lemmings.

Anyway, long live the V8.

Again, given with what we have now....the cost of the V6, turbo 4, and 5.0... how can we assume this turbo V6 or hybrid whatever which will obviously offer V8 performance will be cheap? This isn't about what enthusiasts wants, I'm making a point of will this tech do anything to make the car affordable... and as it stands anything closer to Camaro SS prices is a bad thing! I don't see this being cheaper than the V6 or ecoboost 4 so that only leaves two other spots open people..

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Ford needs to have a V8 for 2020 i dont care what they say. It can get 2mpg, have 200hp, have crappy reliability, cost 50k+..id still pick it over a ttv6 with gobs of performance.

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm all up for change... I'm not up for change for a car that is limited by size and pricing... Everyone keeps mentioning what's to worry about... Straight up pricing and wasted resources on a trim the majority can't afford... that's what. Someone tell me I'm wrong otherwise we'd all be in GT350s right now wouldn't we.
Why get worked up over a car that we know exactly nothing about, both tech and price wise? I honestly doubt it'll cost that much more because they are going to want to sell as many of them as they can. The car is still three years away, and technology and batteries are getting cheaper every year. In fact the cost of lithium ion batteries has fallen 70% in the last 18 months.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Considering the new Ford GT is a TT V6 they let us know the direction cars were heading. With tighter CAFE standards and advances in technology Hybird will not = Prius.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Why get worked up over a car that we know exactly nothing about, both tech and price wise? I honestly doubt it'll cost that much more because they are going to want to sell as many of them as they can. The car is still three years away, and technology and batteries are getting cheaper every year. In fact the cost of lithium ion batteries has fallen 70% in the last 18 months.
2009-Mustang GT MSRP- $27,210
2010- Mustang GT MSRP-$28, 395
That's a difference of $1,185.. That was nothing more than a body and interior refresh.. no Yote motor.. Same ol 5 speed.
2011- $29, 645 - Oh lookie another $1,000 price jump- For engine and Trans
2012- $29, 710 - No changes what so ever small bump in price
2013- $30, 750 - Light redesign another $1,000 price increase
2014- Mustang GT MSRP- $31,210 $460 increase..
2015- Mustang GT MSRP- $32,300 $ 1,0XX
( I'm sure there were other changes made in the $1,000 price increases but still..)

You get the pattern now? I don't need to wait till 2020 to know what will happen. Anytime we see a major redesign of ANY kind it's a $1,000 increase. Factor in we have yet another redesign coming right around the corner that's another $1,000 and that one might be closer to $2,000 with the new trans supposedly making it's way to us. All that being said a Bare bones Mustang GT alone will be sitting around $36-37k by 2020. Come on man... A flipping Hybrid Accord is more expensive than a fully loaded Petro V6 Accord.. You gotta be kidding me if you think Ford will go against the grain here...

I'll be damned if I've read a stupid amount of threads talking about how the Camaro is too expensive, but now that we're following the wave of the future and hybrid technology now 37-38k is now A-Ok.... I'm sorry for the attitude guys, but as much money as I make now... I'll never forget the days of looking at McDonalds dollar menu saying I can't even afford that... So when people start brushing off 40-50k like it's nothing even though I make double that in a year my mind just explodes.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
This thread is hilarious.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Says the guy who bought a v6 :-)
Yup...give that v8 no miles per gallon and 140hp id still take it over a ttv6 with 450+ hp.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring, 2021 Mazda CX-9 GT
Yup...give that v8 no miles per gallon and 140hp id still take it over a ttv6 with 450+ hp.
Then, why did you choose a V6? A couple of years ago my budget was around $25 to $27K and I could've gotten into a V6 S550 or maybe a base EB, but I couldn't stand the fact that it wasn't a V8, so I was lucky enough to find a low-mileage '10 with color/package I wanted and chose it over the non V8 S550. I didn't mind it had only 15 horses more than the V6. Just by hearing that V8 roar every time I start it up, it makes my day :thumbsup:

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Then, why did you choose a V6? A couple of years ago my budget was around $25 to $27K and I could've gotten into a V6 S550 or maybe a base EB, but I couldn't stand the fact that it wasn't a V8, so I was lucky enough to find a low-mileage '10 with color/package I wanted and chose it over the non V8 S550. I didn't mind it had only 15 horses more than the V6. Just by hearing that V8 roar every time I start it up, it makes my day :thumbsup:
I chose it because i cant afford a GT i needed to trade my nissan sentra asap before depreciation hit hard.
Thats what im talking about, thats why i dont care if the next gen is gonna be a monster with a ttv6, even if it had 600hp and 500-600lbs ft. I dont want that crap, id much rather have a 2005 Mustang GT with a thunderous soundtrack. If one of those ttv6s pull up next to me ill just rev but he will beat me but who cares.....my car sounds better, thats all that matters.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP
I guess eventually (2022-2023) the hybrid Mustang will be available in EU.
German legislation requires all new cars have zero (electric powered) emissions by MY 2030.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I guess eventually (2022-2023) the hybrid Mustang will be available in EU.
German legislation requires all new cars have zero (electric powered) emissions by MY 2030.
This is nothing officiall, it's atm just an idea to reach the EU goal of only having CO² free cars on the roads by 2050 (including new and old cars).

Nevertheless that would be a topic for the 8th Gen Mustang :D

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
trip #1 - regular mustang v8, you want to go from DC to san fran, couple thousand miles....we stop for gas when we run out and roll on....stopping to eat and to sleep. no biggie....

trip #2 - mustang hybrid (electric), same trip as #1, have to stop every 300 miles to "charge" up (if i can find a station that has a charger, which might be off of my planned route) and i just cant gas n go, no i have to wait (hours) for my car to fully charge or else i dont make it the full 300, then i have to find a charging station when we stop for the night, then do it all over again the next day...and the next....

trip #1 - maybe 3 days.
trip #2 - lucky to make it in 5....

i dont see the benefit.
and this is not only the mustangs but all the hybrid cars....no long trips
Sponsored