• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I can fit an entire basket of groceries in the trunk of my Mach 1 and have room to spare! If I need more space, there's always the back seat. If you had grown up around Fox bodies and SN95s like I did you'd know where I'm coming from about the new ones being too massive in size. And I think my Mach 1 is too big as it is.
I owned a fox body... it was a 4 cyl hatch. Seriously.... :D

Stuff like this is why people are clowning you right now. :lol:

Times change... things change. I gave the reasons why I love the size of my car... you just keep saying "the past". Okay...

I don't know, go back and get your foxbody 160 hp GT (or whatever hp it was) and let me know how it feels going around corners. ;)

Fast forward to 2020 and do the same and see how you feel then.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
yeah it's total shit.... i was 15 years old in 2000.... some bullshit but I'm gen Y not millennial. certain demographics that say 1985 is a f'n millennial can suck it.
Gen Y = millennial lol

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Gen Y = millennial lol
right but it USED to just be gen y. then they changed it when we hit the millennium. my argument is like I said. I WAS 15 YEARS OLD in 2000. not born. SUCK IT! lol

millennial really should be adjusted to as late as 1995 or closer to the actual MILLENNIUM!!!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
right but it USED to just be gen y. then they changed it when we hit the millennium. my argument is like I said. I WAS 15 YEARS OLD in 2000. not born. SUCK IT! lol
They changed it to Peter Pan Generation... :)

You are stuck on the tail end of the Peter Pan Generation.... tell people that... sounds much cooler.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I would much rather be called the peter pan generation than associated with the bitching and complaining and protesting of the millennial. lol

anyways... your hyrbrid mustang is going to be a 4banging electric. called it. report back in 2020. lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T

millennial really should be adjusted to as late as 1995 or closer to the actual MILLENNIUM!!!
I was also 15 in 2000 (for a month, but that counts still!)

All that said, I get worked up when early Gen X or older complains because....you raised this generation! Look in the mirror for someone to blame if you have a problem with the under 30 crowd.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I'm as old as the Mustang itself and I look forward to the new performance tech each new model brings. I've owned almost a dozen Mustangs including 2 Mustang IIs. Todays S550 is probably the best model built. More refined, faster, better handling and it's only going to get better.
As far as getting smaller and lighter don't count on it. With all the safety mandates, emissions and info-tech the car carries it won't be getting lighter without more exotic steps being taken (more aluminum).

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I owned a fox body... it was a 4 cyl hatch. Seriously.... :D

Stuff like this is why people are clowning you right now. :lol:

Times change... things change. I gave the reasons why I love the size of my car... you just keep saying "the past". Okay...

I don't know, go back and get your foxbody 160 hp GT (or whatever hp it was) and let me know how it feels going around corners. ;)

Fast forward to 2020 and do the same and see how you feel then.
My brother owned an 89 4cyl hatch so I know the feeling! :D

Terrible build quality but at least it didn't weigh 2 tons.

My point is the size of the vehicles not the build quality. I argue the same point with full size trucks. I've contemplated a 2/4 drop on my F-150 cuz the truck is simply too big. I literally can't reach inside the bed and grab something off the bed floor. That's too tall!

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I was also 15 in 2000 (for a month, but that counts still!)

All that said, I get worked up when early Gen X or older complains because....you raised this generation! Look in the mirror for someone to blame if you have a problem with the under 30 crowd.
Right there's the problem, none of you were raised by parents. Just those who wanted to be "your friend." Everyone received participation trophies because we wouldn't want anyone to get their feelings hurt. Everybody had to speak in politically correct terms for fear of offending others. Society has been in a downward slide for a few decades now.
I'm happy that we're seeing the mustang evolve and return to it's roots of a "car for everyone." I don't think we've seen the end of the V8 and I don't believe the Mustang's main purchasers are the millenials or even Gen Y'ers. The generation that still controls the purse strings is still older than that and more likely to choose a V8 over the TT V6. Those times will pass and the more the masses are fed the same BS over and over, it will come true.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Right there's the problem, none of you were raised by parents. Just those who wanted to be "your friend." Everyone received participation trophies because we wouldn't want anyone to get their feelings hurt. Everybody had to speak in politically correct terms for fear of offending others. Society has been in a downward slide for a few decades now.
I'm happy that we're seeing the mustang evolve and return to it's roots of a "car for everyone." I don't think we've seen the end of the V8 and I don't believe the Mustang's main purchasers are the millenials or even Gen Y'ers. The generation that still controls the purse strings is still older than that and more likely to choose a V8 over the TT V6. Those times will pass and the more the masses are fed the same BS over and over, it will come true.
My parents did NOT do all those things, but I know what you mean about a lot of people my age.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My parents did NOT do all those things, but I know what you mean about a lot of people my age.
Yeah, I realize it sounded like I was single'ing you out, but it was a general statement about the times.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I can fit an entire basket of groceries in the trunk of my Mach 1 and have room to spare! If I need more space, there's always the back seat. If you had grown up around Fox bodies and SN95s like I did you'd know where I'm coming from about the new ones being too massive in size. And I think my Mach 1 is too big as it is.
Yeah, they are big boats compared to the Scion tC I had before this and the Mazda mx6 before that. Still good looking, though. :ford:

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a lot of uninformed opinions being spewed in a few of these threads and I can't help but feel it has to do with maturity and age. Some things take experience to understand.

Last edited:

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
They are. The baby-boomer generation got what they wanted. Now it's time to focus on the technology generations.
You mean the generation that can't afford anything or the generation that much rather avoid driving a car altogether? Sorry Price is king.... Mustang isn't going to get cheaper.. Baby-boomer or not... If making a hybrid system will be more expensive than a 3.5TT Ecoboost motor... I won't purchase it.. NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT IS.... Chevy has already proven this point with the ATS, CTS, and Camaro, and that issue will only get worse one year at a time. Anyone who thought this was a good idea that's slowly becoming a niche vehicle is an idiot.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Ford is on the edge of a blade if you ask me. I love and hate the idea of a hybrid.

I'm not sure if people understand the actual weight gain involved here.

The 3.5 ecoboost weighs about 10-25lbs more than a coyote. A voodoo weighs 13lbs less than a coyote.

A hybrid system with motors and battery is roughly 250-300lbs.

If we shrink a GT to 15/16 size which is reasonable it'll come in around 3450.

If by a miracle we can have an aluminum unibody, I estimate the weight will drop another 150-200lbs. If our car is 3250 and we hybrid it we're back to around 3600.

Add another 25lbs for auto trans, hell some people made me chuckle with the thought of AWD. Add another 200-250 for that.

Big brakes, wheels, coolers etc ala GT350, adds another 100lbs.

So an AWD, hybrid, ecoboost 700+hp or whatever top dawg ZL1 killer will weigh 3900, be smaller, all aluminum, and cost 125K. Mark my words.

It's just not doable. I'm very interested to see what they do.

One car that needs hybridization is the Toyota 86. With a 100/100 motor it would be a riot and roughly 2950lbs.
Sponsored