• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
3.5TT plus electric im game, but take away manual transmission and add lbs and i would have to think about it...
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
But reality is electric/hybrid vehicles are the way of the future. Have you ever seen a Tesla take off? Man, I'd love that in a Mustang body.
yeah but i would hate to hear that on a mustang

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
You know what? Lots of choice words not suited for the forums. If people always listened to what the older generation wanted, we'd still have super retro and stick axle. No thanks. Like it or not, it needs to evolve. Don't like it? Buy an older one.

You older crotchety people need to wake up. Hybridization isn't because they're pussifying the car or making a "millennial special". They're doing it to keep the V8 around that YOU want, as do I. It'll be the fastest trim level available. I am 30 and love the V8, but turning your nose down to tech that not only prolongs the life of the V8 in the Mustang, but also is an amazing performing car is a double whammy. What's not to like? Instant torque from the motors and then great power up top from the engine. Sure, the one thing is weight, so we'll see how Ford manages it.
You don't have to be old to want to keep some pedigree of the brand going. Like I said earlier. I don't care if you make it 3.5 Liters just keep it a V-8. Hell make it 3.0 for all I care.

I would be on board for hybrid tech when all easier and cost effective options had been exhausted. Make the car smaller and lighter for starters. Port/Direct injection and cylinder deactivation too. But adding a bunch of extra weight to an already too big and heavy car is not the way to go. And in order to keep the weight down when using hybrid technology would cost a shit ton! We don't need Mustangs to become even more expensive than they are already. We need them to be scaled down in size!

See a pattern here?
S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 2
S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 100_2059.JPG
S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 photo201_1_large

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
So Ford can actually combine a small v8 with battery power and deliver a 500+ hp car. It would be amazing for example a 3.8 lt fpc or cpc pushing around 350 hp and an electric motor with 200 hp combine power on a 3500 lb loaded car. Add awd an option then:thumbsup:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
So keep blaming the millennials, us 25 year olds are the reasons why everything is bad in your life.

But reality is electric/hybrid vehicles are the way of the future. Have you ever seen a Tesla take off? Man, I'd love that in a Mustang body.
You could not be MORE wrong....

The old folks are jealous... look what they got in life:

- Agent Orange
- DDT
- and those 70s and 80s mustangs (I owned one)....

Look at all the cool stuff coming out now. I'd be jealous as well.

Some can't take the V8 going away in a couple of years... Ford is letting them down easy. Notice they said V8 power... they did not want to drop the bomb of no more V8s. That would have been too much.

Hospitals would be overflowing right now... :lol:

Reactions: K17

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
You don't have to be old to want to keep some pedigree of the brand going. Like I said earlier. I don't care if you make it 3.5 Liters just keep it a V-8. Hell make it 3.0 for all I care.

I would be on board for hybrid tech when all easier and cost effective options had been exhausted. Make the car smaller and lighter for starters. Port/Direct injection and cylinder deactivation too. But adding a bunch of extra weight to an already too big and heavy car is not the way to go. And in order to keep the weight down when using hybrid technology would cost a shit ton! We don't need Mustangs to become even more expensive than they are already. We need them to be scaled down in size!

See a pattern here?
I like the size of my car... makes a much better car than anything else out there. Not a boat, but not a toy either. Enough trunk space for weekend getaways (even in a vert). Love it....

Every other vert out there has enough trunk space to fit a 24 pack of whatever you want to drink. No thanks.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 JKU, 18 ZL1-1LE
Whew, had to look up the age range for millennials and BARELY missed it. Chalk up another 36y/o crotchety codger here that would rather have a V8 with a manual than whatever the alternative might be:shrug:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Give me this with a TT 3.5 plus electric motor, 10 speed DCT, AWD and I'm effin' golden!
S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 20161230_155445

I was at the SD Automotive Show last week-end and the GTT was on the property. Crappy cell phone pic but attention to detail on this car was pretty cool.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Whew, had to look up the age range for millennials and BARELY missed it. Chalk up another 36y/o crotchety codger here that would rather have a V8 with a manual than whatever the alternative might be:shrug:
Wanting those things doesn't make you crotchety, hell i want the same thing too. Blaming everything on an entire generation however....

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
This is really the smarter way to go imo. Taking a big, heavy Mustang and adding electric motors and batteries to make it fuel efficient is one approach. But I'm willing to bet if they shrunk the car down to 1965 size or even 1967 proportions and returned it to a 289 V8 (4.7L) I think you could get nearly 400hp still in a car that weighs 3,300 lbs or less and probably does the same fuel economy as a hybrid 4,200 lb 2020 Mustang. Think something the size of a Subaru BRZ with a V8. I'd be all over that.
I'd be all over a car like that. Hell my sisters 2001 C5 Z06 got 31 mpg with both of us in it. If you make the car smaller not only will it be lighter but all your unsprung weight will be less because you don't need a massive wheel/tire setup to fill the damn wheel wells.
S650 Mustang Mustang Hybrid (S650) Announced, Debuts in 2020 100_2069.JPG

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I like the size of my car... makes a much better car than anything else out there. Not a boat, but not a toy either. Enough trunk space for weekend getaways (even in a vert). Love it....

Every other vert out there has enough trunk space to fit a 24 pack of whatever you want to drink. No thanks.
I agree, space to put the kids in the back and take the wife as well... its a very practical, impractical car. When i was looking at the GT350 i was considering a Corvette GS but the lack of a back seat and useable space ended up being one of the deciding factors.

Vinny_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT PP
For all my co-millenials out in this forum mocking the older people should remember... If it wasn't for them the Mustang could have very well been been turned into the Ford Probe and we most likely would not have the car we are lucky enough to drive today.

And this idea that Mustangs are all about "performance", that is not the main reason why I bought it. It should stir your soul. If it was just about performance, I'd be in a Camaro right now quite honestly. The Model S might be a rocket ship, but ill take the rumble of my Coyote to the silence of that thing any day.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1

I can fit an entire basket of groceries in the trunk of my Mach 1 and have room to spare! If I need more space, there's always the back seat. If you had grown up around Fox bodies and SN95s like I did you'd know where I'm coming from about the new ones being too massive in size. And I think my Mach 1 is too big as it is.

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
For all my co-millenials out in this forum mocking the older people should remember... If it wasn't for them the Mustang could have very well been been turned into the Ford Probe and we most likely would not have the car we are lucky enough to drive today.

And this idea that Mustangs are all about "performance", that is not the main reason why I bought it. It should stir your soul. If it was just about performance, I'd be in a Camaro right now quite honestly. The Model S might be a rocket ship, but ill take the rumble of my Coyote to the silence of that thing any day.
Couldnt of said it better myself! Im 22 years old, and idc what you say, the mustang SHOULD always have a v8 option!! Thats what belongs in the mustang. Period

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yeah it's total shit.... i was 15 years old in 2000.... some bullshit but I'm gen Y not millennial. certain demographics that say 1985 is a f'n millennial can suck it.
Sponsored