• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
It's the millennial special! No thanks.
Yup. They always feel the need to have to re-invent everything! They come late to the game and and then they have the audacity to criticize us for wanting to keep the mustangs pedigree intact.

Wanna make the mustang more fuel efficient and faster? Let's start with making the damn thing smaller and lighter.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Yup. They always feel the need to have to re-invent everything! They come late to the game and and then they have the audacity to criticize us for wanting to keep the mustangs pedigree intact.

Wanna make the mustang more fuel efficient and faster? Let's start with making the damn thing smaller and lighter.
Man you guys are relentless, when i get to your age i hope I'm not as crotchety blaming everyone else for what i don't like in the world. I guess i understand that it can be frustrating when you get to the point when you realize your opinions don't matter and your just an old man yelling at people from your porch.

And for the record, i'm not a millennial, but the soundtrack that you guys keep playing, blaming them for everything is exhausting.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
I don't understand why people think that this means the V8 goes away. The V8 just falls down the the middle ground Mustang GT trim, since there is no more V6. The Hybrid is going to be a new trim (not the GT 5.0), which will be the bigger performer. As stated, the V8 will go away entirely though eventually.
Because those of us who own F-150's are already seeing it happen in the truck lineup.

HotRod

Stangbanger in exile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 2006 GT Vert
Upshot?

I'm as concerned for the future of the V-8 as any of you but What might the upshot of this be? Consider whats being done with exotics using hybrid technology. The Porsche 918, McLaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari and most recently the reborn NSX use hybrid tech in one way or another. Just like it is with racing much of this tech was bound to trickle down at some point. Question is how will Ford use it. Highly unlikely we'll see the amazing KRS system employed on the LaFerrrari but more likely we'll get someting along the lines of the electrically driven front wheels in tandem with gas driven rear setup the NSX uses. (See Motortrend's NSX/GTR mashup to see how that performs). While I could only pray for a V-8 version of that set up (2021 GT350?) likely we'd see it on a TT V6, which would be edging out the V8 in time much the way the I4 edged out the current V6. I think we'll still see a V8 in 2020 but unfortunately the writing is on the wall. Imagine though, an AWD (electric fronts) TTV6, Stang with torque vectoring and optional "real" paddle shifters (keeping the manual standard eqp). That mutha would rocket off the line and break necks in the corners. The future is uncertain but not necessarily doom and gloom.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If they would just shrink the crap out of the stang and put the motor in the back and give it a turbo 4 I'd be in for that. Forget the electric, at 2750 lbs and 400hp. I'd love it!

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
I'm sure it's already been said (but I ain't wading through 17 pages to find out) but what use is a silent Mustang?

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
If by larger you mean +13 lb-ft @ 400 RPM less that I GUESS you're right. However...the Ecoboost offers a SIGNIFICANT AND SUBSTANTIAL boost in torque over the V8 at an even lower peak RPM. Combine this with the fact that the 6.2L was quiety removed from the lineup, and its easy to see why the take rate is so high for the ecoboost. As a '13 Supercrew Ecoboost owner well tell you...the TTV6 is the better mill. Sounds like crap, goes like snot.

My point is and continues to be the coyote was left with performance on the table in order to market the TTV6. Every truck owner will tell you that. Its not up for debate, and the numbers back up the claim.
This!

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I love that color! Just needs some fangs or something to break that grille up IMO and I'd buy it.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Yeah... that's not what it will be though. "... will deliver V8 power..."

Meaning the hybrid version will deliver power similar to a V8. Hybrid much more likely to be 4 cylinder + electric.
Agreed. They're already phasing the V6 out the lineup (by not offering PP or higher trim levels), so that only leaves the 4-banger. :brokenheart:

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the millennial special! No thanks.
Unfortunately, that is their target market who will probably buy the most units. You sell to the largest market, when they become insignificant, you move on to the next.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Unfortunately, that is their target market who will probably buy the most units. You sell to the largest market, when they become insignificant, you move on to the next.
I was born in 84 and i just now have the means to afford a brand new 30+ k mustang i dont see how millinnials can be the majority purchaser even in 2020

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
I was born in 84 and i just now have the means to afford a brand new 30+ k mustang i dont see how millinnials can be the majority purchaser even in 2020
According to some demographers, you're a millennial.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that. I was born in 1991 and bought my first Mustang in 2016, I know others around the same age with these cars.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T

You know what? Lots of choice words not suited for the forums. If people always listened to what the older generation wanted, we'd still have super retro and stick axle. No thanks. Like it or not, it needs to evolve. Don't like it? Buy an older one.

You older crotchety people need to wake up. Hybridization isn't because they're pussifying the car or making a "millennial special". They're doing it to keep the V8 around that YOU want, as do I. It'll be the fastest trim level available. I am 30 and love the V8, but turning your nose down to tech that not only prolongs the life of the V8 in the Mustang, but also is an amazing performing car is a double whammy. What's not to like? Instant torque from the motors and then great power up top from the engine. Sure, the one thing is weight, so we'll see how Ford manages it.
Sponsored