• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
i wont be buying one for sure

OMG your sig name. TWSS :lol: ok back to topic........
Wait, what a hybrid Mustang.... OMG we'll finally be getting low end torque. ;)
Sponsored

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
I guess the hybrid mustang is cool but idk i cant wrap my head around it. I get it could out perform a v8 but if ford gets rid of the v8 and a manual transmisson option that should be the day they stop making the mustang. The mustang was never intended for this and its a shame really. Pumping v8 noise inside the car is dumb and retarded. Carrol shelby is probally rolling in his grave right now.:doh:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't understand why people think that this means the V8 goes away. The V8 just falls down the the middle ground Mustang GT trim, since there is no more V6. The Hybrid is going to be a new trim (not the GT 5.0), which will be the bigger performer. As stated, the V8 will go away entirely though eventually.

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
When the v8 does go away the mustang should not be produced. The mustang goes hand in hand with the v8 and i guarantee the first year the v8 is not an option the mustang sales will plummet, causing ford to bring the v8 back, or to just kill the mustang all together

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Wrong. They have no reason to do this as Chevy still produces only V8s in their half tons and the people buying the 5.0L F-150 are directly comparing to that, often times.

Ford gave the Coyote different cams in the truck that are more suited to low-end torque than the Mustang, which is why it produces 385 hp and not 435. This is not to say that it develops more peak torque, but more area under the curve in the low to mid-range.
Yeah...problem is the peak torque in the Mustang coyote is MORE than the peak torque in the Truck. I can see a reduced peak HP so you get more torque. AOL keyword is MORE. I should see MORE torque in the F150 not less.

• Mustang: 400 lb.-ft. @ 4250
  • F150:: 387 @ 3850

So I lost 13 lb-ft but I gain a measly 400 rpm in the curve? and what did that cost me? I gave up and additional 50 hp, loss 13 torque but moved the curve 400 rpm. Meanwhile...the Ecoboost in the 2017 truck dumps a stupid 510hp @ 3500. I mean...who WOULDN'T buy it?!? 385/510...with an even lower peak. Yeah...you sure I'm 'WRONG'? :frusty:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I can hear Bob Dylan sing: "Oh the times they are a changing". . . . . . . .

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If they kill the V8, they might as well come up with new line of vehicles with names that coincide with their self driving abilities, etc. Let the Mustang name die with the V8 engine

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
People keep saying this but look at how rare the manual transmission is getting. There's still a very vocal and real demand for it, yet it continues to go away. Many enjoyed it but give way to the new technology of dual clutches and fast shifting automatics eventually because it's faster by half a second and is less work. The V8 will be the same, look how many on here are excited about a Hybrid Mustang. Many that once enjoyed a V8 will dump it due to the hype of new technology and it's undeniable benefits in every cold, objective metric. The hybrid will be faster and more efficient and that will be enough for many enthusiasts. The demand will eventually become less and less until it doesn't make business sense (like the manual) and will be killed off by most large volume companies.
This is what is said but the numbers say different. The demand for manual transmissions has been on the decline for many years. In the 1980's almost a third of cars had manuals, today that number is less than 5%. Before it used to appeal to people outside of the performance realm because it offered better fuel economy or lower pricing on entry level cars. With automatic transmissions as they are from an efficiency standpoint and with demand reducing it doesn't make any sense to keep these transmissions around. This leaves the performance oriented crowd, and even within the realm of that group you can see on these forums that many of the mustang fans don't demand a manual transmission, many are just as satisfied to go to a new paddle shifted 10 speed. I myself love a true manual and hope they stay, but i don't blame ford if they disappear, it will be because the consumer demand is not there.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Cant stop progress. Look what it did for Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche and Mercedes-Benz.

I looooove my s550 but very much looking forward to what the s650 has in store for us.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
People keep saying this but look at how rare the manual transmission is getting. There's still a very vocal and real demand for it, yet it continues to go away. Many enjoyed it but give way to the new technology of dual clutches and fast shifting automatics eventually because it's faster by half a second and is less work. The V8 will be the same, look how many on here are excited about a Hybrid Mustang. Many that once enjoyed a V8 will dump it due to the hype of new technology and it's undeniable benefits in every cold, objective metric. The hybrid will be faster and more efficient and that will be enough for many enthusiasts. The demand will eventually become less and less until it doesn't make business sense (like the manual) and will be killed off by most large volume companies.
What... at the beginning you state their is a very vocal and real demand, which btw I don't know how you are even measuring that, and then at the end you stated that demand has become less and less.

All in all, there is one thing that's constant in this world and that's change.
People want better this and that but yet don't want change. I don't understand. I would imagine the NA V8 will live for some time and in the course of time die like everything else on earth but there's nothing wrong with that. In my opinion, the mustang is no longer a "muscle car" it's more of, depending on how spec'd, an entry-level sports car. Technology is an amazing thing let's embrace it, give constructive criticism and keep moving forward.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
If they kill the V8, they might as well come up with new line of vehicles with names that coincide with their self driving abilities, etc. Let the Mustang name die with the V8 engine
:doh:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This is what is said but the numbers say different. The demand for manual transmissions has been on the decline for many years. In the 1980's almost a third of cars had manuals, today that number is less than 5%. Before it used to appeal to people outside of the performance realm because it offered better fuel economy or lower pricing on entry level cars, with automatic transmissions as they are from an efficiency standpoint and with demand reducing it doesn't make any sense to keep these transmissions around. This leaves the performance oriented crowd, and even within the realm of that group you can see on these forums that many of the mustang fans don't demand a manual transmission, many are just as satisfied to go to a new paddle shifted 10 speed. I myself love a true manual and hope they stay, but i don't blame ford if they disappear, it will be because the consumer demand is not there.
Exactly. And eventually the demand for V8s will also be 5% once the Hybrids are introduced as being faster and still affordable. That's when the V8 will stop making business sense and go away.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Exhibit A of "Reacting without logic"
Sponsored