• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Main Street media

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Definitely agree with you but I also have to sarcastically say, maybe Ford has been a bit preoccupied with the number of new recalls they have been issuing across the lineup; so too busy to talk about the next mustang. šŸ¤£
"...and having to deal with the bad PR about their South American bauxite (raw material for aluminum) supplier."...
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Sadly, I predict less fanfare than we have seen in a very long while.
The introduction of a new model, especially one as iconic as the Mustang, will always draw a big crowd. Ford PR will make sure of it. Of course there will be a Mach-E right next to it. šŸ˜£

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The introduction of a new model, especially one as iconic as the Mustang, will always draw a big crowd. Ford PR will make sure of it. Of course there will be a Mach-E right next to it. šŸ˜£
Based on previous intros, Ford's PR department only seems to draw on Mustang owners or MCA members for their extravaganzas, not the general public.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Has anyone noticed the mainstream media (not car magazines or bloggers) hasn't mentioned the new S650 since its introduction in September?
I mean, why would non-car news outlets mention the S650 in their stories? They report on news, not cars.

Have you noticed lately that ESPN hasn't said anything about all the storms that have hit LA and other parts of the country? It's almost like sports news stations don't really report on weather events...

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean, why would non-car news outlets mention the S650 in their stories? They report on news, not cars.

Have you noticed lately that ESPN hasn't said anything about all the storms that have hit LA and other parts of the country? It's almost like sports news stations don't really report on weather events...
You must not watch the news. They report on everything (mostly not news). BTW, I don't watch ESPN. Last night, ABC reported a story concerning electric car fires. CNN reported about used car prices. CBS News reported Consumer Reports' story about the top 10 cars to buy.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You must not watch the news. They report on everything (mostly not news). BTW, I don't watch ESPN. Last night, ABC reported a story concerning electric car fires. CNN reported about used car prices. CBS News reported Consumer Reports' story about the top 10 cars to buy.
No I sure don't. But by that description, they report on issues with cars (like the EV fires), they report on general economy (like used car prices) etc. They don't report on newly announced/released cars to introduce them to their audience.

When was the last time you saw a news piece on a specific new car advertising it and its features?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Nothings the same as it has always been.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
"...and having to deal with the bad PR about their South American bauxite (raw material for aluminum) supplier."...
and 10% of world market Lithium supply going off immediately for some number of weeks/months. You know it's bad when the CHINESE actually investigate their own (illegal) mining operations.

I'm waiting for FTC to halt all import of cobalt from Congo - hey, the ban is on the law books. Why should battery suppliers get a special pass to ignore the law? Hey as a medical instrument supplier I can't import "blood diamond" equivalent cobalt, and have to instead find a responsible supplier...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Once Ford releases the car pool to the press it will be on every morning program, the evening news, daytime TV shows, etc. We will see plenty of them, especially the Dark Horse.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I sure don't. But by that description, they report on issues with cars (like the EV fires), they report on general economy (like used car prices) etc. They don't report on newly announced/released cars to introduce them to their audience.

When was the last time you saw a news piece on a specific new car advertising it and its features?
Like I said in my original quote, September 2022. Most newspapers carried the 2024 Mustang introduction by Ford. All because Ford's PR department had been hyping it for a couple of months and nothing since then.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I was watching a report that was opining about newest driving age youngsters in major areas do not even want a car. They just use Uber and bypass the expenses. Iā€™m going to be especially mindful this year during my Barrett Jackson visit to note the age group of the majority of attendees I see. Should be interesting.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was watching a report that was opining about newest driving age youngsters in major areas do not even want a car. They just use Uber and bypass the expenses. Iā€™m going to be especially mindful this year during my Barrett Jackson visit to note the age group of the majority of attendees I see. Should be interesting.
Aren't most of the cars sold at Barrett-Jackson actually Trailer Queens and sold to private collectors and car museums?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Aren't most of the cars sold at Barrett-Jackson actually Trailer Queens and sold to private collectors and car museums?
I think they rack up 500-1000 miles/yr driving to show after show after concourse.

Seems to me the primary demographic is north 60, definitely over 50. There are some 40's with children under 15 but not often the ones spending the big $$$$.

Aside from a handful of Silly-Con Valley "grossly overpaid" nobody under 30. Just because the 12-15yr old bracket has some boys who are excited looking at the offerings doesn't mean they have the interest in ownership when it's their own money at stake.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
4. Not to derail the thread, but the next generation is looking more towards hybrids, EVs, self-driving, always connected cars. I continue to be taken-aback while at stop lights. Almost everyone immediately starts F-ing with their phones, all the time.
This part. I really started noticing this while I was in Florida in 2019. I realized that driving was a team effort. The first person at a stoplight, their responsibility was to be completely oblivious to anything around them and start browsing their phone. The person behind them, their responsibility was to somewhat pay attention. The third person in line, their responsibility was to pay attention to the light and honk when it turned green. The first person would then show gratitude for the notification by giving the finger. Team work.

OP
OP
lcbrownz

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once Ford releases the car pool to the press it will be on every morning program, the evening news, daytime TV shows, etc. We will see plenty of them, especially the Dark Horse.
Unless something drastic changes, the new S650 Mustang will show up on dealers' lots without much fanfare. A Ford dealership near me still has new 2022 Mustangs still on their lot. New Mustangs are not selling here as much as SUVs and trucks.
Sponsored