• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Look what I found!

GiJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Glad I decided to switch out my rims and tires before driving on it longer. At about 3k now unfortunately been driving around with the suspension block in the front right spring the whole time. Have noticed a little clunk now and then but with the 10R80 figured it was just that or a little pop from the exhaust.

S650 Mustang Look what I found! IMG_8809
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Glad I decided to switch out my rims and tires before driving on it longer. At about 3k now unfortunately been driving around with the suspension block in the front right spring the whole time. Have noticed a little clunk now and then but with the 10R80 figured it was just that or a little pop from the exhaust.

IMG_8809.jpeg
Just found both of mine in there TODAY. I only had ~300 miles on it.

Need to get them out.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Where exactly are these initially located?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Where exactly are these initially located?
Standing next to each of your front wheels, crouch down and look at the coil spring within the strut. The shipping block will be "stuck" in there. They keep the car elevated a touch, while in transport. The blocks should be removed while the car is inspected at the dealer. But not all the techs follow the Ford checklist. The blocks can make for nice keepsakes and conversation items.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Well, I question it because the strakes and the the security lugs nuts were not installed. So, I wonder if they overlooked this as well.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Regardless of whether you have a good relationship with your dealer/Sales Manager/Sales Person or not. I'd take them the Sales Manager and tell him/her, failing to remove during these during new vehicle prep is unacceptable. In so many cases, unless the dealerships are notified of a SNAFU, they can't fix the issue. Just my 2 cents. :rockon:

scainerrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

IMG_8809.jpeg
I had the same thing happen to my Dark Horse. I kept hearing a clunk everything I would hit a bump in the road. Mine were actually red.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

IMG_8809.jpeg
Just found both of mine in there TODAY. I only had ~300 miles on it.

Need to get them out.
I wonder if these will somehow become a desirable "stupid thing" to keep on the cars... sort of like the Dodge Challenger/Charger front splitter guards that were yellow/purple.

🤣 🤣 🤣

I can totally see people bragging at Cars&Coffee that their front end clunks a bit because they have still have the cool yellow suspension blocks still on the car. LOL

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't even looked @ the rears.

Do we need to uncompress the springs (jack up the vehicle) to remove these? Or will they come out with a little work without doing that?

ecc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang Coupe, 24 Mustang GT, 24 Blazer RS
Shoutout Al Packer's White Marsh. I just checked and they removed mine.

Fireracer17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
I haven't even looked @ the rears.

Do we need to uncompress the springs (jack up the vehicle) to remove these? Or will they come out with a little work without doing that?
Mine was on a lift at a shop getting first oil change. They came right out with the springs decompressed

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I had the same thing happen to my Dark Horse. I kept hearing a clunk everything I would hit a bump in the road. Mine were actually red.
Mine we’re also red on my DH… and I also removed them in my garage, at home.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to confirm: There are spacers in the front AND rear?
Sponsored