• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
I was told from someone that is at Car Week..

$400,000 with apply to own.
Lots of carbon. Active aerodynamics.
AWD 5.5L Ecoboost Mid Engine. 800 hp.

I guess we will find out tomorrow or later today as info comes out
Sponsored

mustangtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I was told from someone that is at Car Week..

$400,000 with apply to own.
Lots of carbon. Active aerodynamics.
AWD 5.5L Ecoboost Mid Engine. 800 hp.

I guess we will find out tomorrow or later today as info comes out
This $400k apply to own car better not be the replacement for the gt500.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
This $400k apply to own car better not be the replacement for the gt500.
I wonder if in keeping with their current trend, that the Ford GT is going bye bye and it will now be the Mustang GTD Supercar?

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm just hoping that someone on this forum buys one when they become available so that I can live vicariously through you. :rockon:

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This isn't midengine. It had tons of vents on the front fenders and hood, wouldn't make any sense if the engine isn't in the front
Exactly, it's not a new car and certainly not a mid-engine car, it's just another version of the mustang S650 that's going to sell way too much.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Sounds like it's the new halo car, but they're borrowing Mustang attributes. Not that it's an extension of the Mustang line up. That's my hypothesis

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I hear you, but, you can get a 2023 2SS(not base) 1LE Camaro with recaros, magneride, and a host of other track focused goodies that make it an amazing track car, starting at 52.5k. You can do a stripper 1SS 1LE for 47k. You can't even touch 55k with a 2023 Mach 1 base not including Recaros and definitely not with the Handling Package, and I'm talking last gen (gen 6). The Mach 1 is the best comparison to the 1LE package as well. The Mustang is more expensive comparatively in the 6th gen for a track focused car. And that is okay, it was a better car in my opinion, which is why we still get to enjoy it for gen 7.

Edit: I don't think a gen 6 PP1 is a good comparison to a 1LE Camaro, for multiple reasons. Maybe the PP2 is better, but that became the Mach 1 and that is what i used for comparison. In any event, glad the Mustang is still around, can't wait to own my 4th.

And again, no way a mid engine Mustang price hits a base Vette price, its going to have a 10k premium at least. I'd bet the farm.
Yeah, given how close the Dark Horse already is to C8 pricing, it's hard to imagine a mid engine Mustang not being pricier, but I also think if that happens, it will be notably different/better in some measurable ways (like power output or weight).

Ultimately I guess my point is that, based on recent history until the last couple years, I think Ford generally tries to make their cars either slightly cheaper than comparable trims, or else makes them less comparable. Will be interesting to see.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
When in the video is this?
Not in the vid. In the pics posted earlier. One shows the car at an angle and the arms look black and then another pic shows the profile and they look blue but when you zoom in the blue looks slightly off and fades (not exact match of car - at least in the pic). [changed typo from Sometimes to] something also looks slightly off with the wing (in the profile pic), not sure if it’s the angle or how it’s mounted though….

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Not in the vid. In the pics posted earlier. One shows the car at an angle and the arms look black and then another pic shows the profile and they look blue but when you zoom in the blue looks slightly off and fades (not exact match of car - at least in the pic). Sometimes also looks slightly off with the wing (in the profile pic), not sure if it’s the angle or how it’s mounted though….
No, when in the video does the presenter say one more thing, and a different car starts revving it's engine behind the crowd.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
No, when in the video does the presenter say one more thing, and a different car starts revving it's engine behind the crowd.
Not related to the stangmode vid

Mr. Mode (the stangmode vid) admits speculation and rumor, forums, and best guess while also indicating the only thing he knows for sure (pretty sure that’s how he phrased it) is a v8 and crazy.

I’m wondering where’s Frankie.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The CAD based image above is of the rear cantilevered (pushrod style) dampers.

Status
Not open for further replies.