• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just one week would back up orders months

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Unions had their place at one time and did a lot for the working man. But now, just like with any other organization, the people at the top play politics and get even more wealthy.

I was in a union for 20 years. Never again.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'm all for fair pay for skilled workers. I think 40% pay increase is a bit much. When I was in the military we were happy for a 6% raise. Hostile fire pay was only $5 a day to get shot at when we were deployed. I think Fain needs to get some perspective. Still, I hope Ford can mitigate a strike and still take care of workers. I guess we will see how it plays out.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
of course they’re going to strike that’s the only way they have leverage. All politics nowadays.
Edit to add: just another reason cars are so expensive now

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Cars are expensive because of tariffs on Chinese imports. Plain and simple.

labor has been fixed price since the 2019 contracts and haven’t had real wage increases since 2007

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Unions had their place at one time and did a lot for the working man. But now, just like with any other organization, the people at the top play politics and get even more wealthy.

I had 35 years in the same union that changed name 5 times. Started with BRC US and Canada ending
with Unifor. Went on strike once till Goverment ordered us back to work under a ruling we were vital to our Country Canada, CNR.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Cars are expensive because T$ slapped tariffs on Chinese imports. Plain and simple.

labor has been fixed price since the 2019 contracts and haven’t had real wage increases since 2007
Yeah, maybe not that simple. Supply chain has been a problem in many sectors. Tariffs contribute to the problem for the specific areas they were implemented, but a blanket statement... Chip supply has been a big problem since China manufacturing took a hit with COVID. All the "free" money with COVID has driven inflation more than anything else. I agree that union labor costs weren't the driver, but whereas front line workers and early retirees have left the market, labor has increased in certain areas that affect us all.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

Hubby was too and last strike he lost his job. I hate UNIONS

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Cars are expensive because of tariffs on Chinese imports. Plain and simple.

Worse thing ever done, all of our jobs went overseas, and a lot of people lost jobs. Now you can hardly ever find anything made in the states. We need to bring jobs back to the US and send all these illegals packing!

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 BMW M135i Xdrive

Same, unions are basically communist strongholds pretending to fight for the little guy. bullshit. i was harrassed and bullied so much to stay in the union. when i left a bunch of others left too lol

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Emmmm... Greeeeeeat!

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Worst case scenario, your car is half built on the line when they all walk off the job......

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I have never belonged to a union and I wouldn't object to them if they were like any other business delivering a quality product at a reasonable price. However it seems their only goal is to extract as much as possible and only offering an extended period of time before the next extortion attempt. Still you don't always get that because one union may refuse to cross the picket line of another.
In my case, if I were dissatisfied with an employer, I am free to look for work somewhere else. My pay has never been astronomical but I have made a reasonable living and found work so enjoyable that I would probably do it without pay if my needs were met.
Sponsored