• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

July and August Orders and VINs

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
From what I can tell, Canadian dealership allocations of Mustangs are far less than that of US dealerships. If you order an Ecoboost or GT, you have a faster chance of receiving the VIN and, ultimately, your vehicle. Patience is a virtue if you are like me and ordered a Dark Horse.

I ordered my Dark Horse on March 6 from a reputable dealer in Hamilton, ON. They warned me when I ordered it that they were told all Canadian dealerships were allocated one Dark Horse in 2023 and that even that was not a guaranteed delivery this year. They also told me Ford shuts down production between November and February, as they don't want to deliver sports cars with racing tires when there is snow/ice on the ground. There was a slim chance I would get my car this year, but not to hold my breath.

I contacted Ford support about 1 - 2 weeks ago (via chat), and I still do not have a VIN assigned. Based on past experiences with an F150 and Explorer, I have found once you receive a VIN, it takes about six weeks to receive the vehicle. So, even if I were to receive a VIN this week, that would take us into mid-October. There is nothing scientific here...but based on this, I figure I have two weeks at the most left to obtain a VIN to receive my car this year.

I've resigned myself that I won't be driving my car this year, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :)

Hope something here helps...
Damn, that’s crazy. My dealer did not tell me that there would be no deliveries from Nov-Feb. I was prepared to buy winter tires and all lol.

Looks like I will also have to wait until April next year.

Thank you for the info man. My hopes to drive the car this year are now officially crushed 😭
Sponsored

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did you receive your VIN and build date yet? I was told the same thing that I can expect the car before December. For some reason I don’t believe it lol.
How did you get your priority code assigned? Did you ask the dealer to do it or did he do it himself? Also, where are you able to see the priority code?
I received no VIN, no build date.
I learned about priority codes in this forum so I looked on the preview order document they gave me at the dealership. As you can see on the att picture it shows 19. I went to the dealership and asked for some hustle. My salesman went to the manager and came back to me telling me that even though the paper shows a 19, my order was submitted with a 10 priority code right from the start.
S650 Mustang July and August Orders and VINs 16932389749506279092534103572436

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Hello everyone,

I ordered my Mustang around 20 days ago. My dealer gave me the order number and he said I would get VIN within 2 weeks. I haven't received it yet. Ford chat support said the order is "in processing' and car will be scheduled for production in the next available week. I ordered in Toronto, Canada.

Anyone here who ordered their car in July or August and got their VINs already? If yes, from what dealer (location)?

Please drop below your answers. Any insights are appreciated.
Ordered 8/12, had VIN 8/17, Eau Claire Ford, Eau Claire, WI

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I learned about priority codes in this forum so I looked on the preview order document they gave me at the dealership. As you can see on the att picture it shows 19. I went to the dealership and asked for some hustle. My salesman went to the manager and came back to me telling me that even though the paper shows a 19, my order was submitted with a 10 priority code right from the start.
16932389749506279092534103572436.jpg
Did you ask them to resend you the order sheet with the right priority code?

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ordered 7/19 got VIN on 8/17 with scheduled week of 10/9

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
GT Premium Convertible, 401A, Atlas Blue, space grey interior, 3.55 rear, active valve exhaust, engine block heater, auto trans
Beautiful!

What was your priority code on the order sheet?

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
16932389749506279092534103572436.jpg

If you learned about dealer order priority, you would have known 19 is the same as 10. Only orders under 10 will move faster if possible.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Nice, what’s your order location? And did you get any updates between 7/19 and 8/17?

Space Coast Florida. No updates between only 2 emails total. I got the 1st email with the order confirmation the same day I placed the order and the 2nd email on 8/17 with my VIN and scheduled date

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you learned about dealer order priority, you would have known 19 is the same as 10. Only orders under 10 will move faster if possible.
I see, thanks. Somehow I thought 10 thru 19 was the range dealers had to prioritize their orders. My dealer has 3 EB, a DH and my GT on order. I did not ask about the others since it's not my business.
Sponsored