• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

July and August Orders and VINs

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My VIN/Schedule was delayed by me having the NP on my order. Dropped that and was scheduled and with VIN next day. That took from 5/4 to 6/16.

Went into production supposedly 7/27, was produced 8/7, but tracker did not reflect built status till 8/23. It went into shipped status 8/24. I have a delivery window on tracker of 9/8 to 9/21. Ford chat says 9/11 to 9/17. (Shrug)

It boils down to, this process is going to be 4-5 months at least, start to finish.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My VIN/Schedule was delayed by me having the NP on my order. Dropped that and was scheduled and with VIN next day. That took from 5/4 to 6/16.

Went into production supposedly 7/27, was produced 8/7, but tracker did not reflect built status till 8/23. It went into shipped status 8/24. I have a delivery window on tracker of 9/8 to 9/21. Ford chat says 9/11 to 9/17. (Shrug)

It boils down to, this process is going to be 4-5 months at least, start to finish.
Who told you that NPP was the cause for your delay?

Happy for you that you'll be getting your car soon. Post pics when you pick her up.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Who told you that NPP was the cause for your delay?

Happy for you that you'll be getting your car soon. Post pics when you pick her up.
It was a constant constraint week after week. So I made the decision on my own to drop it and get the Bronze AP. And then like I said, next day, I get the e mail saying it was scheduled.

Thanks man, it has been a long road. LOL

Mocansat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
I order mine on July 9th. GT Premium, 401A, Magnaride, and Active Valve Exhaust. Got the confirmation email same day. Since then all I have received was my 45 day email of wait longer. I'm in Alaska. So at this point it'll be winter roads by the time I get it.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I order mine on July 9th. GT Premium, 401A, Magnaride, and Active Valve Exhaust. Got the confirmation email same day. Since then all I have received was my 45 day email of wait longer. I'm in Alaska. So at this point it'll be winter roads by the time I get it.
Did you get an update saying it's built and shipped? What's the email after 45 days?

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered 19 July, still nothing except that 'Ford has my order'. Salesman said cars with more options would get built before base models, unless it needs something scarce like NPP. Not sure if that's true. In any event they managed my expectations by saying it is possible I might receive the car before the snow, but no promises. I was assigned a priority 10.
I'd rather take delivery in April instead of December if it comes to that, but I cling on the dream of maybe putting a few miles on in 2023 before the long winter sleep. Ottawa area.

Mocansat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Did you get an update saying it's built and shipped? What's the email after 45 days?
No, it basically says they are doing their best, but at this time they still can build the car. They will continue to update me at least every 45 days. It's an automated email telling me I will be waiting for awhile.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered 19 July, still nothing except that 'Ford has my order'. Salesman said cars with more options would get built before base models, unless it needs something scarce like NPP. Not sure if that's true. In any event they managed my expectations by saying it is possible I might receive the car before the snow, but no promises. I was assigned a priority 10.
I'd rather take delivery in April instead of December if it comes to that, but I cling on the dream of maybe putting a few miles on in 2023 before the long winter sleep. Ottawa area.
Did you receive your VIN and build date yet? I was told the same thing that I can expect the car before December. For some reason I don’t believe it lol.
How did you get your priority code assigned? Did you ask the dealer to do it or did he do it himself? Also, where are you able to see the priority code?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Damn that’s rough. Did you not check with your dealer after you ordered? You should ask for your order number and dealer code so that you can confirm with ford support that they received the order.

What location is your order from?
I had my paperwork. I did not know we were to receive an acknowledgement email since I have never ordered before. I joined this group and found out a lot. As soon as I knew we were to receive an email, Which is when I got ahold of ford and my dealer. I now know they did, but with the looming strike, I may not have mine until next year

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Let us know if you succeed and how you did it. My dealer seems to be avoiding doing that for some odd reason which I can't figure out.
Mine only have my email, and the dealer knows no more than me, infact less than me
Ahh makes sense. It's been almost 3 weeks without VIN for me. I hope I get it this week :crazy:
Good luck I’ve had my order in since June 7 even though it didn’t show up until July 31 and I still don’t have the Vin number

mustangmike2176

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Dark Horse, '20 Explorer, '17 F150
From what I can tell, Canadian dealership allocations of Mustangs are far less than that of US dealerships. If you order an Ecoboost or GT, you have a faster chance of receiving the VIN and, ultimately, your vehicle. Patience is a virtue if you are like me and ordered a Dark Horse.

I ordered my Dark Horse on March 6 from a reputable dealer in Hamilton, ON. They warned me when I ordered it that they were told all Canadian dealerships were allocated one Dark Horse in 2023 and that even that was not a guaranteed delivery this year. They also told me Ford shuts down production between November and February, as they don't want to deliver sports cars with racing tires when there is snow/ice on the ground. There was a slim chance I would get my car this year, but not to hold my breath.

I contacted Ford support about 1 - 2 weeks ago (via chat), and I still do not have a VIN assigned. Based on past experiences with an F150 and Explorer, I have found once you receive a VIN, it takes about six weeks to receive the vehicle. So, even if I were to receive a VIN this week, that would take us into mid-October. There is nothing scientific here...but based on this, I figure I have two weeks at the most left to obtain a VIN to receive my car this year.

I've resigned myself that I won't be driving my car this year, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised. :)

Hope something here helps...
Sponsored