• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jacking up the car?

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Ok, I looked at the manual and it’s not clear to me where I should lift/jack the car up. I am needing to remove the wheels so I can ceramic coat them and I want to use my floor jack. There doesn’t seem to be a place big enough that I can use for my floor Jack for the front of the car. The rear I’ll probably just use the rear differential. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. Where my finger is pointing seems to be a solid place under the carpet matting. Would this be good to use? Thank you.

S650 Mustang Jacking up the car? IMG_5769
Sponsored

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
There's a thread about it somewhere in here, you finger is on the right spot. Be aware the hard point is the pinch weld not the flat.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
You need a low profile floor jack

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I read that title, and my brain went to you asking for advice how to lift your car, like turn it into the mustang raptor we're hearing about 🤣.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
There are little triangle arrows that show you were.

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
There's a thread about it somewhere in here, you finger is on the right spot. Be aware the hard point is the pinch weld not the flat.
Ok, so I’d place the floor jack on the pinch weld to lift, not the flat metal piece my finger is pointing too?

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
There are little triangle arrows that show you were.
Ok, I didn’t see that. That’s what I was looking for. There’s so much carpet matting and plastic under there I was little taken away by that. According to the CJ video I can also use the K member to lift as well

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I read that title, and my brain went to you asking for advice how to lift your car, like turn it into the mustang raptor we're hearing about 🤣.
🤣🤣 I went back and read my post and title and I can see how that is possible. There is a mustang by me that has off-road tires on all 4 corners. Combo sports car and bug out vehicle 🤷‍♂️

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I was trying to find the jack points should I need to change a tire on my Dark Horse. I found the jack points by feel but I couldn't see the arrow until I took a picture of it. There are multiple points to hold the trim in place but only 4 jack points. The first picture is a trim point and the second is for both trim and a jack point.

S650 Mustang Jacking up the car? IMG_1679
S650 Mustang Jacking up the car? IMG_1677

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem VB Pony Pkg 201A, 13 F150 RR Lariat
Opps,
From the thread title I thought we were going to see a 2024 version of something like this. 😳

S650 Mustang Jacking up the car? 1699726742606

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Opps,
From the thread title I thought we were going to see a 2024 version of something like this. 😳

1699726742606.png
🤣🤣 I don’t think wife would go for that

OP
OP
Vapor Blue GT

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I was trying to find the jack points should I need to change a tire on my Dark Horse. I found the jack points by feel but I couldn't see the arrow until I took a picture of it. There are multiple points to hold the trim in place but only 4 jack points. The first picture is a trim point and the second is for both trim and a jack point.

IMG_1679.jpg
IMG_1677.jpg
Thanks for the pics. I am worried about breaking the plastic under there by the welds but feeling it the plastic seems to be recessed a tad so the jack hits the welds first.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Thanks for the pics. I am worried about breaking the plastic under there by the welds but feeling it the plastic seems to be recessed a tad so the jack hits the welds first.
The jack has a grove in the top plate that goes on both sides of the seam joining the two sections together. This prevents the jack from slipping side to side. Lifts may need a special plate or attachment to apply pressure in the same way when using those points.

Last edited:

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
If you are going to put a piece of wood on head of jack make sure it is soft wood. I have jacked up hundreds of railroad cars using hydraulic jacks on each side of the car to change wheels or problems underneath car.
Sponsored