• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any advice on darkening up the wheels a bit?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
The wheels Ford is calling "Shadow Silver" almost look white they are so bright. Any reasonable aftermarket options out there to darken them up a bit without going completely black? I was hoping for more of a darker silver like you see on the dark horse wheels. I'm guessing people have them dipped nowadays but I have no idea how expensive that is or how well it would work to achieve my goal or what other options are out there if any.

Ford's "Shadow" Silver:

S650 Mustang Any advice on darkening up the wheels a bit? 1686503516452

This is more of the color I was hoping for or even a tad darker:

S650 Mustang Any advice on darkening up the wheels a bit? 1686503964909
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I've used Plasti-Dip smoke in the past with good results. You may need a few cans of it though as it might take a few layers to get the results you want. Best part is, it protects the wheel and you can always peel it off and have brand new rims again.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I was thinking powder coating, but I'm not sure how well it would wear on a rim. And, if you ever wanted to reverse it, what the rims would look like when done. Most of the articles I found listed something of an average price of $100 per rim. I've gotten some bits for the house powder coated. The advantage is not only a wide color selection, but the amount of gloss added, if any.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mrrwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A great option is to have the wheels refinished or simply get some nice aftermarket wheels. The image I attached is our FGX which is from our NES Forged collection but I mainly added it to show you the color, this is a Brush finish with a mid tinted clear coat. gives you a nice almost gunmetal color yet the light makes the brush alloy pop. you can do a matte clear coat like this one or a gloss.
either one looks amazing.

S650 Mustang Any advice on darkening up the wheels a bit? FG-X(models)-(8)

OP
OP
ThreePedalPlow

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
A great option is to have the wheels refinished or simply get some nice aftermarket wheels. The image I attached is our FGX which is from our NES Forged collection but I mainly added it to show you the color, this is a Brush finish with a mid tinted clear coat. gives you a nice almost gunmetal color yet the light makes the brush alloy pop. you can do a matte clear coat like this one or a gloss.

FG-X(models)-(8).jpg
I do like those. I would be curious to see your available sizes and weights if you have a page. My standard wheels will probably either get sold or turn into Winter wheels eventually but I'm disappointed I feel like I have to do something right out of the gate. Won't be driving much in the Winter but after a hard rain washes all the salt off the road I would drive for a while until the next snow.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

FG-X(models)-(8).jpg
Nice looking wheels on the site. What are your MSRP prices. Nothing is listed. If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m not calling a bunch of places to get pricing when others have it listed on their site.

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mrrwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice looking wheels on the site. What are your MSRP prices. Nothing is listed. If Iā€™m being honest, Iā€™m not calling a bunch of places to get pricing when others have it listed on their site.
the only reason we dont list the prices is because our site is mainly branding and the majority of our wheels can be purchased through any of our dealers through out the US, Canada and Mexico however we do offer direct retail as well ( through me lol) but we dont like to list our custom forged prices as they tend to change depending on clients requirements. but I can send you a PM with a quote for any of our wheels.
ones I make a proper forum listing I will show the prices as we will offer Mustang forum members special prices.
Sponsored