• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is this normal from ford?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Agreed. But ... I'm pretty sure the OP didn't notice these issues until a few days after he took delivery. Yes, that's on him for not performing an adequate PDI himself, but it's too late for him now.
I would have noticed that. Then again my wife calls me Otaki-San, in Japanese it's means obsessed.
Sponsored

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Sorry to say... even the wheel alignment (being off) is normal... I and many others have found this to be the case.
You can receive one free wheel alignment under your new car warranty.
I always have the alignment checked before I drive it home.
If itā€™s bad they can align it.
If itā€™s ok you always have one on hold.
Have it checked now or wait until your tires start showing uneven wear?

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Unbelievable expectations from the publicā€¦ if you want bespoke precision tolerances youā€™ll be paying significantly higher prices.

itā€™s a mustang not a Richard Mille. Perhaps Bugatti or Pagani have tighter gap tolerances for your next vehicle.

911s have these issues at quadruple the price.
You probably never got close to a new 911ā€¦I would say for the prices Ford asks for their Mustangs today , same as Corvette with orange peel or misaligned gaps they better get their act together because even a Kia has not that piss poor build ā€œqualityā€ā€¦I would be very disappointed if not pissed to see stuff like this or very embarrassed letting this come off the assembly lineā€¦Back in the days when Fox bodies could be had for 18 grand you could say cheap plastic and lousy build quality is ok because where can you get this kind of fun for less than 20 grandā€¦But now for $75K , $90K canadian or $120K australian this stuff is inexcusable !

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Unbelievable expectations from the publicā€¦ if you want bespoke precision tolerances youā€™ll be paying significantly higher prices.

itā€™s a mustang not a Richard Mille. Perhaps Bugatti or Pagani have tighter gap tolerances for your next vehicle.

911s have these issues at quadruple the price.
Not the 911s I've owned, nor the BMWs

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Vehicles are complicated. Sometimes, things need to be repaired immediately before accepting (mechanical break, safety, etc.). Others, not. Some buyers will refuse delivery before concerns are corrected. Others will record the issue and schedule a fix date for later. Some items aren't discovered until the Owner drives the car in certain conditions.

Depending on the type and severity of the problem, you don't have to fix everything at delivery. But do make the best effort to inspect, document and agree to things before signing and leaving.

Prep teams and the salespeople look at cars all day long. Not to make excuses, but things tend to blur over time. And the S650, with its own quirks, still new. A cold pair of eyes from an interested receiver could highlight any number of things.

When something considered obvious is found, I begin thinking, "OK. What else was missed." Re-listing some previous threads on this topic.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...elivery-inspection-checklist-released.157411/

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

If possible, schedule a signing during a day with good weather, several hours before sunset. It could afford you all the time you'd like to thoroughly check and inspect everything, to include taking a test drive.

Last edited:

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Just got the car a few days ago and noticed all these gaps. Is this common from Ford? Also the wheel alignment isn't straight the engine makes a whining noise like my hellcat did. What is going on with Ford and who should I contact? Thanks for any feedback.

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg
The spoiler is probably a easy fix but the whining noise of a new engine or adjusting hood leaves paint marks that should have been adjusted/aligned right Before the car got paintedā€¦Makes you wonder if the hood still shutters like on the S550 at high speeds on track days because air gets in through the gapsā€¦Not good and some things seem to never change.Like I said when prices were low it was kind of disappointing but you could live with it and you accepted it as part of the experience of less coin you have spend but with prices Ford commands today this is a sad joke as you would not accept this kind of ā€œqualityā€ from a entry level as in cheap economy car from Kia or Hyundaiā€¦But Ford is not alone when I think about my Gen 6 Camaro that turned into such a rattle trap after a good year while my Challenger WB after 8 month knock on wood except for one panel in the foot well that was not right and had been replaced has been good so farā€¦

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The whining is likely your transmission. The pump is chain driven. They are all noisy. Should hear them in the trucks.

ZBOBMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Who foots the bill for these? The dealership? Most are independently owned and operated, so why you'd think they should do the work for free is beyond comprehension.
Should the dealer stand behind the product they sell?

Fruitstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Completely disagree.

"Only a few minutes"? Sorry, there is no such thing at a dealership when it comes to investigating and addressing issues with vehicles. When was the last time you took a vehicle to a dealership to have something looked at, and all it took was "only a few minutes". Me? NEVER.

For the second time, most dealerships are independently owned and operated. That means someone else - not Ford Motor Company - is writing a paycheck to the techs who work on the vehicles. They are no charity cases - they are for-profit businesses.

Now extrapolate that by the number of customers who will bring their vehicles back (again and again and again) for the most minute things that should "only take a few minutes". Again, that cost is on the dealership, not Ford.
Man, I wrote about minute jobs BEFORE the customer picks up the car and potentially returns it later and by this making it a bigger job with appointment, scheduling, paper work etc.
It should be in dealers own interest to give away the car in a form that makes a return and complaint as unlikely as possible.

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
Completely disagree.

"Only a few minutes"? Sorry, there is no such thing at a dealership when it comes to investigating and addressing issues with vehicles. When was the last time you took a vehicle to a dealership to have something looked at, and all it took was "only a few minutes". Me? NEVER.

For the second time, most dealerships are independently owned and operated. That means someone else - not Ford Motor Company - is writing a paycheck to the techs who work on the vehicles. They are no charity cases - they are for-profit businesses.

Now extrapolate that by the number of customers who will bring their vehicles back (again and again and again) for the most minute things that should "only take a few minutes". Again, that cost is on the dealership, not Ford.
dealers inspect a car when they receive it....if they miss all these issues, it should be on them to make it right. And they 100% make a warranty claim with Ford, they aren't paying out of pocket for it.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Should the dealer stand behind the product they sell?
The original premise was that the dealership should suck it up and pay for the cost to address manufacturing defects.

If the dealership is not getting reimbursed by the manufacturer, then NO, I would not expect the dealership to bear the cost of repairing manufacturing defects.

If you purchased a case of beer from your local liquor store each day, but found 3 of the cans empty in every case, would you expect that local liquor store to cover the cost to give you 3 beers every single day?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, I wrote about minute jobs BEFORE the customer picks up the car and potentially returns it later and by this making it a bigger job with appointment, scheduling, paper work etc.
It should be in dealers own interest to give away the car in a form that makes a return and complaint as unlikely as possible.
Maybe the dealership should just give away every vehicle for free, too? You know, in the best interest of the dealership?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dealers inspect a car when they receive it....if they miss all these issues, it should be on them to make it right. And they 100% make a warranty claim with Ford, they aren't paying out of pocket for it.
If you think Ford simply opens their wallet whenever a dealership says they need to pay for something, you clearly do not know how the process works.

JollyPedro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 EcoBooat
If you think Ford simply opens their wallet whenever a dealership says they need to pay for something, you clearly do not know how the process works.
When you buy a new car there is a warranty regarding factory defectsā€¦.panel gaps are clearly factory defects. There isnā€™t one instance you can cite where Ford refused to cover the panel gap issues.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you buy a new car there is a warranty regarding factory defectsā€¦.panel gaps are clearly factory defects. There isnā€™t one instance you can cite where Ford refused to cover the panel gap issues.
Bless your heart ...
Sponsored