• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is MotorTrend right about the new S650?

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
When you look at the originals like a 69 Mach 1 , 70 Camaro Z/28 or 70 Challenger R/T which were the high water marks of pony/muscle cars and you looks at the last Camaro (yuk) or the S650 which is not a bad looking car (except for the front which looks nothing like a Mustang) and the Challenger WB...Easy choice as the Challenger is one of the best retro designs period ! I think it is better looking than the original ! The interior is nice too with the perfect mixture between old and new if you spend extra for the technology and carbon/suede package...Not to forget the 392 in connection with the 3.90 if you opt for the Tremec 6060 has a Huge wave of Torque right off the bottom which makes it so much fun...And the widebody with 305's squared , stiffer springs , bigger sway bars than Hellcats despite having 200 lbs over the front and adjustable Bilsteins / big 6 piston Brembos make the car even fun in the handling department...Nothing like clumsy Hellcats or skinny tired narrow bodies ! Wonder if JOnny had A/S Pirellis on his Shakedown as I feel no understeer on mine with 3 season P Zeros...
Challengers look horrible lol They look like an early 2000s car.
Sponsored

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Looks are subjective....So no argument from me here...One mans junk is another mans treasure...LOL But undeniably a few cars stayed with their good , timeless and origional looks and will never go out of style...The Challenger and 911 comes to my mind as also the Mini and the Beetle and Jeep...The S650 could have been in this lineup if Ford would have gone retro-modern on the front like the did with the Bronco...But unfortunately they did not ! But you have to admit nothing looks better or more classic and sinister than the front of a Challenger Widebody which is pure muscle/americana..! Especially parked next to a 550/650 or Camaro...The Challenger has timeless good looks...And the wide fender flares are icing on the cake ! Would have never bought a narrow body as they dont look right...Like the sides and the rear of the 650 too.Much better than a Camaro but the front is not good and the the beltline of the hood just like the 550 way too tall...Look at the 2008 M3 which in comparison and you know what I mean...That was perfection in that regard and that already 16 years ago !

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
^^ Easily deniable.

There are always some guys who like to date fat girls, and you know what they say about opinions.

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
I am in full agreement with the MT review and summary on the first post. S650 was a miss-externally and internally. They messed up the digital evolution too. PDR? Nope. Heads up? Nope. Tesla screens where I can spin a picture of a Mustang? Yep! And reviewers still say it is slow and glitchy!

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I am in full agreement with the MT review and summary on the first post. S650 was a miss-externally and internally. They messed up the digital evolution too. PDR? Nope. Heads up? Nope. Tesla screens where I can spin a picture of a Mustang? Yep! And reviewers still say it is slow and glitchy!
In that regard they actually made the car worse...The rest like engine and body/chassis is the same and I wonder why they at least ditch the MT-82 for the Tremec in all manuals ? I think people who are used to these touchscreens are younger people who dont like/cant afford $50-75K cars and the others will feel like they are at work looking at the same screens while driving...At least they should have some knobs and buttons to keep the ugly paw prints off these screens ! One think though and that is highly subjective I like the front , even if still not right with the high beltline and sharp drop to the lights of the S650 better than the '18 on S550...IMHO Sides and rear are equally attractive but interior I would give to the S550 because of the slow lading/glitchy screens...Handling and engine feel the same to me...DH over Mach 1 is basically paying 10 grand for the Trofeos and titanium shift knob...I forgot the connecting rods from the GT 500...LOL

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I think people who are used to these touchscreens are younger people who

...At least they should have some knobs and buttons
Vehicles with touchscreens prefer knuckle draggers, fingertip or fingerpad manipulation is a game only a passenger should play.
Sponsored